Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC seized by EU , european & german Customs  (Read 19050 times)
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:10:56 PM

AFAIK low voltage computing devices or peripherals that don't have radios in them i.e. wi-fi or bluetooth, or don't connect to a phone line, don't need to be actually tested by the FCC themselves any more, thus won't get an ID tag. They have to be independantly certified as compliant with part 15, but that's by any of ~300 test labs.

BUT you are probably not aware of the fact that even if certified it was always on the USER to ensure that in service it did not interfere with anything, and to resolve any complaints of interference.

A metal box is pretty much a faraday cage though, so there should be no problem.

I believe BFL also does not regard these products as "consumer" products, and they may come under the commercial exemption to part 15
http://www.i-spec.com/EMC/usa.html

More importantly however...

WARNING: BFL PRODUCTS ARE NOT CERTIFIED AS KOSHER AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR CONSUMPTION BY PRACTICING JEWS

I also demand LD50 information in case I accidentally blend it into a fine powder and feed it to a 2 year old. It's important to know if 2 and half teaspoons is okay but 3 isn't.

EDIT: Poes Law strikes again.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poes_law The last 3 lines were sarcasm. I'm forgetting again that the rabid, raving BFL haters have become impossible to parody, due to there being no belief crazy enough that you can't be sure they wouldn't actually subscribe to it.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:13:09 PM

WARNING: BFL PRODUCTS ARE NOT CERTIFIED AS KOSHER AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR CONSUMPTION BY PRACTICING JEWS

I'm forgetting again that the rabid, raving BFL haters have become impossible to parody, due to there being no belief crazy enough that you can't be sure they wouldn't actually subscribe to it.
I'm sure you know that to have your parody or sarcasm taken literally is a high complement.

One don't have to remain Kosher to be a practicing Jew, by the way. 
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:22:28 PM

One don't have to remain Kosher to be a practicing Jew, by the way. 

Like most matters of religion, it really depends who you ask about that one. There are people who believe that you must keep Kosher to be a Jew. Religions are slippery like that, it all depends on who you ask.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:12:22 AM

All I can say is...wow...

I'm curious what other screw ups or delays will be coming in the next weeks and months through BFL. They seem to make every possible mistake imaginable as an ASIC business.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:00:14 AM

I'm curious what other screw ups or delays will be coming in the next weeks and months through BFL. They seem to make every possible mistake imaginable as an ASIC business.

Uh,the 90 day window to fulfill ALL preorders up to May has been moved to Sept from Aug...............imagine that  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 04:20:55 AM

Uh,the 90 day window to fulfill ALL preorders up to May has been moved to Sept from Aug...............imagine that  Roll Eyes

Further imagine the 100K chip order being delivered on time, since we're in an imagine mode.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:02:09 AM

Link?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:50:19 AM

Link?

Probably related to:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252072.new

?
zyyz

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:46:33 AM

and it happend again :

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/deutsch-german/3184-zoll-und-mehrwertssteuer-fuer-lieferung-2.html#post46131

:/
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:44:53 PM

Last reliable Josh quote said all orders to DATE in Sept.

So it couldn't at all be because they are getting a crapload more orders in because they are the only ASIC manufacturer currently in continuous production and shipping mode with a price that has any chance of ROI.... because that wouldn't make sense... because you all here know that they only pretended to make a product to send to just 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 shills

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:05:07 PM

Flashman,

I hope you realize that if by september, you don't already have your ASIC you will not be making the ROI in a year from that point onwards.

Unless Bitcoin shoots through the roof (and assuming your paid in USD) then it will be very hard for that ROI to happen.
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:09:56 PM

Would it be too much to ask you to provide the gist of the German-thread, or, even explain what "it" refers to above?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:29:30 PM

Would it be too much to ask you to provide the gist of the German-thread, or, even explain what "it" refers to above?

German customs is doing spot checks and stops packages that are not compliant to local German laws.

Some of the violations for import are: not providing a German manual (Fehlende deutsche Anleitung) and not have the correct regulatory papers and stickers like CE & ROHS (Konformitätserklärung von Hersteller)

All of this was predicted last year when Josh attacked the other ASIC vendors of not having the FCC and CE compliance. BFL was going to quickly rush their almost finished product and have all the needed paperwork "in two weeks". We are 8 months later and no paperwork and guess who's shipments get confiscated and blocked at borders?

Avalon shipped 900 units and they were clever enough to have the right wording on the commercial invoice.
petitcafe

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:54:39 AM

Avalon shipped 900 units and they were clever enough to have the right wording on the commercial invoice.
BFL does not even provide a commercial invoice outside or inside the package. That practically guarantees that orders are held up in Germany, and customs at least want you to bring in an invoice or transaction documents like a Paypal printout or something. Noone in Germany will have their ASICs delivered to their doorstep because of this.
Radacoin

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:17:43 AM

Gist: More and more users (Bombe, M_Myers, ...) are complaining that their BFL shipments are stopped & kept at German customs because of missing paperwork and missing conformity markings.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:20:19 AM

BFL does not even provide a commercial invoice outside or inside the package. That practically guarantees that orders are held up in Germany, and customs at least want you to bring in an invoice or transaction documents like a Paypal printout or something. Noone in Germany will have their ASICs delivered to their doorstep because of this.

They do provide the invoice outside the package.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:21:29 AM

German customs is doing spot checks and stops packages that are not compliant to local German laws.

Some of the violations for import are: not providing a German manual (Fehlende deutsche Anleitung) and not have the correct regulatory papers and stickers like CE & ROHS (Konformitätserklärung von Hersteller)

All of this was predicted last year when Josh attacked the other ASIC vendors of not having the FCC and CE compliance. BFL was going to quickly rush their almost finished product and have all the needed paperwork "in two weeks". We are 8 months later and no paperwork and guess who's shipments get confiscated and blocked at borders?

And it'll get worse. The more they find those things in spot checks the more they will be actively looking for them. With the missing CE thingy it might even begin to affect other European States, because the different national customs agencies talk to each other. It takes a while but they do talk.
petitcafe

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:32:25 AM

They do provide the invoice outside the package.
The sticker on the outside is just a customs declaration and not sufficient for german customs to calculate tax. Shipping costs, for example, are not shown on the declaration.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:47:50 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 02:23:45 PM by philips

There is a sticker yes, and a folded page in a plastic bag attached to the package.
Whatever you want to call that piece of paper, the customs officer referred to as an invoice and use it to calculate the taxes I paid.

Besides, it says right on top of it: COMMERCIAL INVOICE.

I am curious, what made you think that there is no commercial invoice outside or inside the package ?
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:02:37 PM

Shipping costs, for example, are not shown on the declaration.

Ugh, they take more tax on shipping costs? That's nasty, because if they're feeling a bit broke, all they have to do is start excessively delaying cheaper shipping methods so people use more expensive ones.  Angry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: