Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:14:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC seized by EU , european & german Customs  (Read 19051 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:49:52 PM

Australian Customs will take the "value" of the item being the value plus the shipping cost.  Years ago when I received a package from Hong Kong that was sold on eBay the Customs guy actually went online to check the item's price and added on the shipping costs before calculating GST.  Then added around $60 in Customs duty on top.

Australia has a $1000 tax free threshold on imports (local retail sector is screaming for it to be lowered to, lol, $20) so I was careful to order just enough upgraded Jalapenos to not breach the limit.

RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:01:12 PM

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/ce-compliance
will tell you some of the types of stuff you have to go though

but mostly it's about em-emissions that will cripple you

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
Fallout

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:07:20 PM

Australia has a $1000 tax free threshold on imports (local retail sector is screaming for it to be lowered to, lol, $20) so I was careful to order just enough upgraded Jalapenos to not breach the limit.

In Germany you may import taxfree upto 22€ ... (45€ if it is a gift from a person) ... So what the retailers what is not that unrealistic unfortunately.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

UK has a new import duty most here do not yet realise.

If an item is purchased from outside the EU you pay;

+20% VAT and £8 ransom to have your goods released after they get round to telling you they have them ~10 days.

Now you pay an additional 9% duty on top of the VAT inclusive price for items amused over £135.

Basically it's now +31% and a further £8 ransom.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
petitcafe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:06:59 AM

There is a sticker yes, and a folded page in a plastic bag attached to the package.
Whatever you want to call that piece of paper, the customs officer referred to as an invoice and use it to calculate the taxes I paid.

Besides, it says right on top of it: COMMERCIAL INVOICE.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/4759/g3.jpg

I am curious, what made you think that there is no commercial invoice outside or inside the package ?

Whoops. Okay, maybe I'll have to take a close look at the package again this afternoon.

In the German BFL forum some people said the shipment came without invoice, so I expected the same. Even more so as my order was removed from my account page after shipping and I could not print an invoice myself.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:18:09 AM

In the German BFL forum some people said the shipment came without invoice, so I expected the same. Even more so as my order was removed from my account page after shipping and I could not print an invoice myself.

Usually at the customs they keep the invoice and you don't get to see it, you will receive the box without it.
The one I posted above they somehow forgot about it and left on the package.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: