Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holder's dilemma  (Read 1932 times)
NeverCrypt (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

It is really up to you... but I would say  on one side f you need money use it that is clear if you do not need it... do you beleive in this project? Then probably you wanna keep it.

I don't need fiats right now so, yes, I think it's better to keep. I wish it to grow as much as possible )
One of the suggestions was to speculate with a couple of btc. It's reasonable but you must have a strong nervous system for that.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:46:25 AM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

You could leave the half of the capital for continue hoarding and sell the earnings in which you could make some fiat investments like having your own many branches of bitcoin exchanges or any businesses that will suit you. From this moment of 22 BTC you are already rich and you will just find ways to maintain your wealth of not loosing it but if you think this is not enough then you could give some to the charities and share your blessings.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:48:39 AM

It all depends on how much money you need right now, if you're financially in a good spot, I would wait selling for sure.
Maybe sell just one Bitcoin, but save the rest for a couple of years. You probably won't regret it, it's a good long term investment.

I'm also thinking that those 22 Bitcoins could make for a very nice pension later on, imagine what they would be worth then...

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:49:51 AM

I was in that same situation just a few months ago when bitcoin's price broke $2000. I don't even know what to do because a part of me is saying that I should wait for bigger profits, but a part of me is in doubt and thinking that maybe this is the top. Sold almost all my bitcoin holdings @$2900 only for the price to push over $4000 a few days later. I know it's a bummer but again, I'm happy with what I made. Not really a problem since you can always do 50-50 when in doubt.

googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:50:40 AM

Bitcoin has crossed $10000 mark. If we have 22 bitcoins purchase few years back, then it will be a golden opportunity to become rich. In such a case it is always wise to grab your profit and keep the capital amount intact. Due more demand bitcoin prices will become more and more volatile. As a result it will move sharply on both directions. So it is advisable to grab your profit and invest it in some tangible assets like gold, land or house.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:50:45 AM

What is the point of investment if we don't take the profit while we have the chance to do so? If I were you, I will sell those bitcoin and move to another type of investment, altcoins for example, or do active trading.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:57:09 AM

It is quite good to know when one has reached his/her targets; this is relative. So, if you have come to the realization and awareness of the worth of your Bitcoins today and with what you have made so far, you can decide to sell half and keep the rest. You have definitely made more than extra of whatever you earlier invested. You can stay to watch what happens to the rest; participating in knowing you have something somewhere. Good to know those who are hodling the bitcoins are coming forth to release it into the market for circulation.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:01:14 AM

With that amount of Bitcoin i think the only dilemma that you need to solve is how to spend all those money and profit you got from those years of keeping those Bitcoin sitting in your address. With the price today you can do anything you want with that 22 BTC if you will cash it out. Just be wise cash out only when you need and just let those left Bitcoin sit in your wallet and grow in a period of time.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:06:42 AM

In a world where I do not remember having such amount of BTC, let's say I sold something for 22 BTC online when they were like $3 each and now I'm finding my old wallet and figure out I have like $200k USD that I completely forgot about. To be honest, since I didn't know I had that amount I would cash out and treat myself with some really good things and maybe start an offline business.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:08:22 AM

If you don't need the money don't sell yet. It's just the beginning. Bitcoin price could reach $40,000 next year without major issues.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
NeverCrypt (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:10:41 AM

Bitcoin has crossed $10000 mark. If we have 22 bitcoins purchase few years back, then it will be a golden opportunity to become rich. In such a case it is always wise to grab your profit and keep the capital amount intact. Due more demand bitcoin prices will become more and more volatile. As a result it will move sharply on both directions. So it is advisable to grab your profit and invest it in some tangible assets like gold, land or house.

Yes but if (just imagine) it crosses $100000 mark? My wife will sue me for being an idiot )
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:11:51 AM

I will take half and enjoy it. 11 BTC is still an ungodly amount of money to hodl.
Thamon

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:13:13 AM

I would love to sell some of bitcoins and start a business the others goes to holding and investment. I will only sell it then if I really need money
koeb88

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:13:18 AM

I would sell 1 Bitcoin to make a nice holiday with my family.
With the other Coins, I would split them up. Maybe look for a real investment, like assets of a company, or a house for rent, or maybe invest it in your own work if u have the possibility for it. So it is safe and can grant u a stable income without any further risks.
The other half of the Bitcoins I would just hold them and look how it is rising.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:14:53 AM

First of all hats off to you if you have been holding your bitcoins until now. Now coming back to your dilemma well we can't tell you what you should do, but I can definitely tell what I would have done if I was in your position. I would have started selling my bitcoins from now on as per the requirements. And also would consider in investing in altcoins like neo, dash and other coins which offer master nodes and other passive income options.
NeverCrypt (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:24:07 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 11:44:53 AM by NeverCrypt

First of all hats off to you if you have been holding your bitcoins until now. Now coming back to your dilemma well we can't tell you what you should do, but I can definitely tell what I would have done if I was in your position. I would have started selling my bitcoins from now on as per the requirements. And also would consider in investing in altcoins like neo, dash and other coins which offer master nodes and other passive income options.

Whould you really do it this way? You believe this option is better than just holding btc?
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:32:14 AM

if i was in your shoes, i would honestly sell couple of BTC (let's say one or two) because at the moment i'm under heavy expenses for medical treatment, so if you are in need of quick cash, cash out some and leave the rest in your wallet.
Set a goal (a selling exit point) for some more of your BTC and so on, so you will not regret to have sold or hold for too long.
One thing i keep reminding myself is: if i jump out of the BTC train, will i be able in the future to reinvest in it? There is no answer in this, it's based on your money and the willingness to invest in this project once again, it's an hard decision but without goals you will never sell anything and this can be scary and mind stressing.
Cholo003

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:47:51 AM

With that amount of Bitcoin i wont have much of a dilemma i'll just hold and use it as i retire it was that simple. Its like deciding if you want to live luxurious right now and be poor later, Or work right now and have great life after wards.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wellsontheja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:52:57 AM

It's so problematic now but to resolve that i decided to do short term investment of bitcoin everyday i do this since bitcoin price is so high and so volatile everyday because with that i still can get profit everyday well not much but i still get profit by that, what i really need to do is just extra diligence and patience.
NeverCrypt (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:53:57 AM

if i was in your shoes, i would honestly sell couple of BTC (let's say one or two) because at the moment i'm under heavy expenses for medical treatment, so if you are in need of quick cash, cash out some and leave the rest in your wallet.
Set a goal (a selling exit point) for some more of your BTC and so on, so you will not regret to have sold or hold for too long.
One thing i keep reminding myself is: if i jump out of the BTC train, will i be able in the future to reinvest in it? There is no answer in this, it's based on your money and the willingness to invest in this project once again, it's an hard decision but without goals you will never sell anything and this can be scary and mind stressing.

Nice position, thank you. I've never had a goal on this. Now it's time to think of it. Looks like I'm greedy as one of the forum members said ) Just want more and don't know how much more
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: