Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holder's dilemma  (Read 1931 times)
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:12:11 PM

Don't think of selling it yet. Bitcoin have a long way to go, its value will increase even more. If you sell it now, you might regret it in the future. You can convert maybe a little amount and treat yourself, dont stress yourself too much about it. Investment is meant for long term so you can gain the biggest possible.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jahreer

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:14:24 PM

I have already sold out my old stash for $130/BTC. Was really happy that day, but it could be more  Cheesy.
So I keep on buying for over 9K/BTC this days and don't regret))

You may need some cash - then sell a little..
BUT HODL a bit for sure, a few satoshi, but HODL for some years!!!
laxinternational

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:15:35 PM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

If you need money for your daily spendings, cash out the needed amount and keep the rest in long term.

If you don't need money, start trading it or hold all of it. No reason to sell them at the moment. The potential is huge there.
garet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:18:34 PM

I would say maybe sell some and diversify your holdings
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:36:42 PM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

I remember someone really satisfied after sell his bitcoin at $1000 and gain so much profit, more than $10k.
Imagine what would he say now? I hope he bought back again, so he won't regret.
Bitcoin price will always increase, all you have to do is let your bitcoin in the wallet, you can sell a small amount of your bitcoin if there's something to pay but there are no other options to get cash. You can sell and enjoy the profit as well, but you may regret it if the price reaches $20k or $50k, be sure to save more than you sell.
Personally, I would love to spend my bitcoin directly into the merchants or pay the bills, but bitcoin still unregulated or legalized in my country such as in Japan.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:22:14 AM

the dilemma of the bitcoin is very sweet, once you touch it you cannot leave it. it is because its best qualities high price in the market and high rising rate in value . also the high security which give you the trust that no body can steel it from you and you are the hold if the bitcoin. the dilemma of the bitcoin also give you the pleasure of the money and give you comforted in the life.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:29:44 AM

Your decision solely depends on you own choice of investment, if you have 22btc you bought years ago you don't need to spread any news to new Comer's after all if you decides to sell it now or even before now am sure you already made you double if not tripled profit.
You can decide either to sell now or hold on a little while but my own advice is that you don't need to sell your entire starch bitcoin, you can sell some and keep the remaining for further growth in interest.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:31:51 AM

For me it would depend on what choice you would have for the future. If you think that this is something that you should look into then go ahead. However if you still yjink that you can wait for another cycle once more then do it. The important thing is you follow your gut.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:41:38 AM

If you have to even ask this question, you do not understand the potential you have in your hands. I will not give you an advice what to do, it s your money. I can say I d not consider selling for at least 3 more years.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:11:14 AM

If I were able to hold that number of bitcoin for a long period now I would rather withdraw half of them and enjoy the fruit while the other half will remain as a continue investment because that is already a big amount in fact you could have been millionaire now if you are holdin 22 bitcoin. We shouldn't be so greedy that we forget how to enjoy the harvest of our investments.
rog1121

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:53:12 AM

I will continue to hold of course as I can still see too much room for bitcoin growth. I will only withdraw amounts for my expenses and maybe if there are things that are worth buying or business ventures that worth the return.
the dilemma of the bitcoin is very sweet, once you touch it you can not leave it. it is because its best qualities high price in the market and high rising rate in value . also the high security which give you the trust that no body can steel it from you and you are the holde if the bitcoin. the dilemma of the bitcoin also give you the pleasure of the money and give you comforte in the life.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:02:35 AM

Sell ONE.  Make a really crazy profit on your entire investment regardless of what happens.  You will still be in the 21 BTC club (plenty of skin in the game).

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:15:19 AM

This is not in anyway a hodler's dilemma. You need to give yourself (and family) a treat if you have 22 BTC stored somewhere at the rate of $14000 per btc. What is the point of making profit from an investment if not to enjoy some of it. What if something terrible happens and you don't get to use any of the BTC stored?
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:25:59 AM

I think you just get your capital. Sell some of them for savings and invest the rest. At least whatever happen you have safe money on hand since it is really risky to invest everything you have.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:58:03 PM

I don't really believe that you can hold money for long...therefore I would prefer to take the bitcoins into another currency and invest in different things
micoholic

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:05:23 PM

If I have that amount of BTC, I will move out the remaining coins and use them as a capital for other business opportunities. After all, 1 BTC alone is sufficient enough to setup a business. Too much coins to hold might put you at risk and its not that bad if you'll just left a few amount to hold onto.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:17:23 PM

First of all, you should stay calm. One thing you don't want in making a decision about digital cryptocurrencies are regrets. Decisions that you never put some thought through because of your overflowing emotions when you realized the price of bitcoin. Just think about it for a while and think of something that you could do better with those amounts, be wise enough to use them. You can gain a lot more if you'd think something better.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:22:17 PM

well i will convert the 11 bitcoin to fiat and put it on bank for my family
security,the other 5 bitcoins I will invest in off line businesses in which i can be
what i really want to be physically not like here in crypto that i am rich in internet
living,and the 6 bitcoin remaining is for investment here in crypto.inwill buy 3 btc
worth of altcoins.to out in long term investment and the other 2 bitcoin as well.and
the one bitcoin is for daily trading that woukd make your day complete.
radwic

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:23:55 PM

HODL ffs, bitcoin is still going to go way up
Kim Ji Won

Merit: 110

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:30:07 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 04:30:17 PM by Kim Ji Won

Sit and think about what better ways you can do with that amount of bitcoin. Selling now because you are just carried away by your emotions when you saw how high the price of bitcoin reached this past few days will make you regret that decision. From this point onward, you can expect much better things to happen to bitcoin that will have a positive effect on us users.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: