Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holder's dilemma  (Read 1932 times)
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:01:21 AM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

My problem is that the logical way would be to cash out, but where do you go with that fiat ?  My idea with BTC was never to cash out, but to use it to buy stuff, that's why I bought it.  I'm against speculation.  I didn't realize, when I got into this, that it was pure speculation.  If I cash out now, I have to pay taxes on it or get myself in potential trouble.  I don't want to.  So I prefer to hold even if it is a dumb move in the market.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

If you are going to become a really rich person, then it is better to wait with the sale of bitcoin. Sooner or later the world community will be forced to legalize bitcoin. This becomes inevitable. The harder it is to extract bitcoin, the higher its cost. Good luck.
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:13:24 AM

If you already have enough money and no emergency, you better keep it longer, but if you need money for emergencies, you better sell it partly, and the rest you better hold it again, because now is not the moment right to sell it.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:14:11 AM

If you are going to become a really rich person, then it is better to wait with the sale of bitcoin. Sooner or later the world community will be forced to legalize bitcoin. This becomes inevitable. The harder it is to extract bitcoin, the higher its cost. Good luck.

It is not that it is illegal.  It is that I have to pay 50% taxes on it because of speculative gains.  I don't want to enrich the state.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:16:03 AM

For me, if I am kind of need in money much let me say I really need to buy my brand new house since my old one is not as good as it were before maybe I would take the profit I have right now, or if there is an emergency and I do not have an exact money to pay out then I would use my bitcoin rather than begging a money to give one. And if I do not really much need money then I would hold it for a longer of time because there would be a chance for bitcoin to reach a phenomenal value to beat the value it reaches wayback on 2017.
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:37:35 AM

I think many people are confused, do not know whether to hold or sell, because bitcoin fell, some people are hesitant, they can not identify their beliefs, they believe bitcoin, but the declining prices make them afraid, but they insist Down, the final bitcoin rose to 10,000 US dollars, this is the 2017 experience.
gnipnuhz

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:43:55 AM

Hey guys, I've decided to ask you - what whould you do in this problemmatic situation?

Suppose you have some bitcoins (let's say 22) and you bought them / got them a few years ago very cheap, and now you see it's price and.... what to do?!! Will you take the profit and go away, or sit and hold further? Suppose you're not going to buy more. But when to sell?

i suppose u already cashed our your initial investment. now i suggest u to keep 1/3, transfer 1/3 into eth, and do whatever u want with the remaining 1/3.
lutfor

Activity: 270
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:10:36 AM

It's completely depend on you. You have to take your decisions because we can't predicting anything about bitcoin price. But If you want to play safe then you can divided your invest with some other crypto currencies as well. Anyway the future of bitcoin is very bright, so I think holding of bitcoin is not a bad idea at all. It's definitely change your life.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:22:03 AM

Recently I have known a bit about bitcoin as well as the electronic money market. The information that bitcoin tends to decrease and other altcoins are similar.
I think investing in altcoins at the moment is not a good idea. I think we should sell all the coins we have to be economically secure. That's my advice and I hope you can look it carefully.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:02:37 PM

If you will look at bitcoin's graph this time, you can really say that bitcoin is in a very sluggish and very rough road. But even if it is down today, it is still a big profit for you if you bought it few years ago. Even if you sell it today, that's a big about of money and much even more if you HODL it a bit for few more months.

Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:49:33 PM

It will be possible if our government will take interest in bitcoin and they will allow it to become legal currency. legalization of bitcoin is one of the most important thing because it is all about bitcoin price and value that use to increase and decrease when bitcoin will be legal for sure people will sue bitcoin all the time instead of cash so bitcoin price and value will increase because of it so yeah it is really needed to be legal.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:54:53 PM

If you will look at bitcoin's graph this time, you can really say that bitcoin is in a very sluggish and very rough road. But even if it is down today, it is still a big profit for you if you bought it few years ago. Even if you sell it today, that's a big about of money and much even more if you HODL it a bit for few more months.

Many people have being getting a lot of confused now as they do not understand should they sell now and may be more correction might happen and do not want to lose more money or should they hold as they being holding for a while and market is going in more red only for now. If you require some money then sell limited qty and do hold the rest because it will jump back in coming time easily.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:15:54 PM

I think every bitcoin holder’s dilemma is if bitcoin will be gone in a blink. Each and every one of us will surely be terrify if bitcoin will be gone in a blink. All our efforts, hard work, sleepless nights, and precious time will fly away in the wind. All our money that we invest in bitcoin will also be gone like a thief just stole it. Imagine that you have all your money and investment in your house then it burn out by fire. Well this is our dilemma but we are hoping that this will be just dilemma and it will not happen to us. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking on these same themes lately. The problem is that this risk applies to almost any class of assets - they can just disappear overnight. Hyperinflation may make your FIAT worthless, your bank may do bankrupt and make your money disappear, thieves can steal your gold or your country could make a law to seize it and as you said your house may burn down.
Now we are witnessing our crypto-portfolios evaporating very fast. Hopefully the trend will reverse.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:44:44 PM

The situation now is no issue to any wise crypto user. The price and value of crypto coin is not static and very unstable. Those that think bitcoin has crashed and are selling their coins will be the ones to regret in time to come.So what if the price of bitcoin drops to less that $1,000 now
Alexis.Nick

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:05:02 AM

The dilemma of bitcoin users is to loss the money they invest. In other word if the value of bitcoin goes low and will never ever come back. We don’t know how long it last and that is quite alarming.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

If I had 22 bitcoins, I would sell them and invest all the money in real estate, it is more reliable.As for me)
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:04:12 AM

This could be a usual feeling of people who pertain to risk a lot. Well I guess, everything has or could feel like this when they think or almost gave up everything for bitcoin. Just like another usual scenario, waiting or simply patience is enough to somehow won't take another move.
indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:33:26 AM

if I am in that position I choose to keep hold and wait even though ever, and I still buy the bitcoin, because my thinking, where the price goes down there will be a price rise, so I remain patient to hold and wait for the expensive price and I do not will give up to wait.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
queenhallmark

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:39:18 AM

As of late I have referred to somewhat about bitcoin and in addition the electronic currency advertise. The data that bitcoin tends to diminish and different altcoins are comparative.
I think putting resources into altcoins right now isn't a smart thought. I figure we should offer every one of the coins we must be monetarily secure. That is my recommendation and I trust you can look it precisely.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:04:00 AM

If I had 22 bitcoins, I would sell them for my own needs, but I would keep the rest. Perhaps, it makes sense to partly transfer them to other promising coins, since keeping all the funds in one coin is not very reasonable. If you have the experience of a trader, you can at the same time partially trade with them, using the greater volatility of bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: