Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I predict BTC/USD will fall to $2 by December 31, 2013  (Read 7269 times)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:47:30 PM

Lol, well, I have made another, brand new, prediction for 2014:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389081.0

I hope everyone will get a chuckle out of that one as well! Happy new year!!! Go bitcoin!!!

I like this one much better.   Grin

I hope you are right this time!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Gleason

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 06:54:53 PM

I was surprised to see this old post get dug up! I have no idea how I came to write this regrettably ultra-bearish dribble. But, I DID mention a few times that I am no psychic or statistician, or whatever. It just goes to show you that you can't just extrapolate on anything. Mea culpa. So sorry. I am just bad at predicting. You should never follow my advice or prediction or whatever. This IS a speculation forum, isn't it???

yea. $2 was never going to happen, even if no good news ever came into BTC.  After the first run-up, there was too much buying pressure wayyyyyy before $2.

Since this run up, we will never see sub $150 again. far too much pressure and people with money who will buy a shit ton of coins far before that point.

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
cryptocoinmkt.com

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:13:42 PM

Put a bet up or shutup, if you're correct you have nothing to fear and bitcoins to gain.
If you're wrong then you get to feel the pain of making a stupid guess and wasting our time.

+1 Agreed.

People make price predictions like they have some magic crystal ball, when they have no fudging ideal what they are talking about, and the factors they use, and here say guesses mean jack.

I've been watching markets over the last decade and this reminds me a lot, like all these pundits predicting stock price, and stock market directions. They are mostly just spreading FUD (Fear uncertainty and doubt) and don't have a true basis for their predictions.  Maybe, he/she needs the price to go down so he/she can buy some.

Well, it's December 28.   Three days left to go and BTC price is $708, let us see if the guy who started this " (I predict BTC/USD will fall to $2 by December 31, 2013 )" thread is correct, or he/she is just another dumb "as%" who likes to make clueless predictions with hard dates.
Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:21:30 PM

BTC value should be around 2-10 dollars.
My argument is the following: WorldCoin costs less than a dollar despite the fact that they will be minted roughly only 10 times as many as BTC so the long term BTC/WDC should be 0.10 BTC/WDC. This gives the BTC estimated value being less than 10 dollars...
TradeAnalyst

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:26:04 PM

Well if you have BTC in your wallet and if you think that each BTC will be 2 or 5 USD  I an doing you a big favor by buying them immediatly a  10 USD

What a good deal for you you are sure to get 5 times your valuation !  Smiley

Un problème avec votre chien? A issue with you dog ? I can help you just pm me
BTC: 1P5fJeMTbgSHyrjx2gCaovVvDgrWeKFPz2
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

I was surprised to see this old post get dug up! I have no idea how I came to write this regrettably ultra-bearish dribble. But, I DID mention a few times that I am no psychic or statistician, or whatever. It just goes to show you that you can't just extrapolate on anything. Mea culpa. So sorry. I am just bad at predicting. You should never follow my advice or prediction or whatever. This IS a speculation forum, isn't it???

I think that just about the only thing one can predict is that the dollar, Euro, Yen, Yuan etc will lose value/purchasing power over time.  If you predict that in 10 years they'll have lost value, I think you'd be pretty much guaranteed to have been accurate.  :-)
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:02:35 PM

My argument is the following: WorldCoin costs less than a dollar despite the fact that they will be minted roughly only 10 times as many as BTC so the long term BTC/WDC should be 0.10 BTC/WDC. This gives the BTC estimated value being less than 10 dollars...

Fortunately quantity of coins mined is not the only or even the major determining factor in price.

Think about TCP/IP vs TLK/MD.  They do essentially the same thing, why is everyone using TCP/IP?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:10:27 PM

What can you get for worldcoin?  I can spend bitcoin on fiat money, food, clothes, shelter, electronics, as well as many services.  In 6 months, I will be able to shop with it on overstock.com.  A limited supply is only one part of the value equation.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:31:22 AM

A limited supply is only one part of the value equation.

Yep, I would say it is a negligible part of the equation. There is only one specific painting of picasso in existence, and there's only one specific fingerpainting of some round red thing with green things around it by my 2yr old as well, but they differ in value significantly.

i am satoshi
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:38:19 AM

Only in world where WorldCoin is as much used/popular as Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: