Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: short term investment or long term invesetment  (Read 3051 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:43:22 PM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment
The longer you invest, the more likely you will be able to weather low market periods. Long-term investing might also save your other expenses, such as transaction costs from active trading. But before you decide to make a long-term investment, you must keep in mind that along with its benefits come the drawbacks of limited liquidity and increased business risk.
To me i think it depend on ones experience, if a person have good experience in sort term investment then he should continue short term investment, i think those people who do not have any experience in short term investment then he should go for long term investment because short term investment is too much risky than long term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serverus

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:53:07 AM

Cryptocurrency is very popular today in terms of business. Especially blockchain offers a great technology. Investing is a great idea to grow your money instead of just keeping it in one place without getting profit. It is better to have long term investment in stock market. Its the best place for someone whose financially intellect. While for short term investment, cryptocurrency is a good choice for some reason like frequent change of coins value. But it all depends on your strategy.
BHX91

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:28:23 AM

In my opinion, should not be short-term investment, now I see a lot of short-term investors, if you short-term investment, the level of risk will be very high, if your finances are stable, then you should invest long term, so will be safe.
markk94

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:45:41 AM

when you explain that longterm investment kinda idealy to hold for 10years. then, i think to do a short term investment already good. do the longterm for the high chance of growing coin that you could trust your money in it.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

I think it depends on the personnal goal of each person. But I always recommend going for a long-term invesment. In the short-term, you can minimize the risks as you go along with your plans and the goal you've set from the start, but if you're not very careful or don't have enough experience, you can suffer a few losses. I believe that investing in the long-term is always safer, you don't have to worry about how volatile the cryptocurrency market can be because from past experiences with cryptocurrencies we know that they always gain more value over time, so as long as you've done a proper research on the crypto you want to invest in, then you can be sure that you're going gain profits in the long run.
Long-term investments are only for people who have a lot of money, they can take care of their lives without using the money they have invested.

No it is not true mate even poor people can go for long time investment why? So I answer you here that you said people have more wealth in there safe so they are not worry about their investment but the truth is bitcoin gives more opportunity to gain money as well, as you can invest all of you saving to buy bitcoin then join signature campaign to get fast and free income with your bitcoin, today I think there is nothing better than bitcoin for me, so everyone has equal right and equal chance to save bitcoin for as long as you want.
Honestly, both type of investments has their own ups and downs depending on the type of coin you are investing with. For example, if you invest in a good altcoin, there is a possibility that the coin's price can go from 0 - 100% (x2 of the price when you invested) in a day. On the contrary, if you held that coin for the long run, it's price could either increase ten folds than the price you originally invested in or if that coin doesn't get a good support from the community, the price could go south. Each type has their own risks and it's up to you on how will you handle it.
fahad.khan

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:21:18 AM

As the market is bearish now, so short term investment is not much beneficial now, but in long term, the future of crypto seems bright and will produce a good return.
Berfikirlah

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

I think it depends on the person's own thinking because the opinion of the person is also different from one to another, there is likes a short-term investment because once paid or 10 times paid and I think it does not risk too complicated if there are obstacles of the economy in the future .
sharm2121

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment

When it comes to investment it should be long term because people finding a good investment and a long term because they want to earn more money. People dont want to lose their money so people want a long term investment.

Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:45:27 PM

The longer you invest, the more likely you will be able to weather low market periods. Long-term investing might also save your other expenses, such as transaction costs from active trading. But before you decide to make a long-term investment, you must keep in mind that along with its benefits come the drawbacks of limited liquidity and increased business risk.

HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:20:21 AM

Both short term and long term investments have their own benefits. It totally depends upon the investor that which type of investment he/she choose. Some people have a lot of patience and they are conventional about the potential of Bitcoin.They understand the volatile nature of Bitcoin and never do the mistake of panic selling .These type of investors are able to hold for long time and make their investments profitable as much as they can. Some people prefer short term investments and sell their BTC's whenever they need money or when they find the price right for selling.There is no such logic that long term investments are more profitable or short term investments are more profitable .It only depends upon the price on which you are selling.
Belleylock

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:38:06 AM

If I would to pick if short term or long term investment, I would probably go to long term investment. If you are thinking about your family and the future and dreams you want to achieve and future uses and needs, then the practical thinking is to invest long term right? You need to be practical, if you have children then there are mindsets parents have for them to have a better future. Everyone of is do, but it always varies on the situation, when do we need short term investment? Example, there is a farmer who plants a seed, he took care of it during the six months, and after six months he can finally see the outcome. So just like saving money for short period of time or , temporary investment. It is also good to have a short term investment , and I think in life we do both but having a long term investment will be best for your family.
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:57:53 AM

Long-term investment especially in this industry is the most profitable type of investment for me, and I know  a lot of people would agree with me. Unlike short-term investment you could expect annual profits from long-term investments and  most especially, you are not stripping yourself of the chance to huge raises in bitcoin's price.

chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:17:42 AM

Practically, in my opinion holding for two long like 10 years or up might be too risky for us bitcoin users since no one can precisely predict what will happen to in the future. I rather prefer 1 to 2 years because I believed that within those years I've had enough to support our necessities.
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:36:56 AM

Practically, in my opinion holding for two long like 10 years or up might be too risky for us bitcoin users since no one can precisely predict what will happen to in the future. I rather prefer 1 to 2 years because I believed that within those years I've had enough to support our necessities.
Definitely, it really depends on the prices .We can handle it with our own decision making wether a long term or short term. We can hodl our currencies until we reach the targets of profit we deserve to have. Prediction is not applicable in terms of volatility in the market so better to be patience and have more knowledge on such investment.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:39:35 AM

I prefer short term investment even thou you gain 10% or 20% within that period its already good because we don't know what will happen to bitcoin within 10yrs of holding it dont be too much greedy the most important is you dont lose your money.
Boknoi321

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:51:31 AM

I prefer short term investment even thou you gain 10% or 20% within that period its already good because we don't know what will happen to bitcoin within 10yrs of holding it dont be too much greedy the most important is you dont lose your money.
Decide your own opinion what is much better, then refer to the prices not on your predictions. It is much better to have knowledge about investment method to avoid losses on your coins and to have an enormous profit return.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

I think its better to investing our money on crypto for long term. Long term investment on crypto will give crypto room to grow more bigger. Beside that, with long term investment we more relax and not distracted by many negative news
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

This has been asked frequently here and I think that what you asked has already been explained but I understand that you might found it hard to read it all again. So here it is again. In my opinion, short term invest and longvterm invesment are just the same. The only difference is the time you spend on your money growing. You invest and wait or sometimes forget about it because ideally it is your excess money. You will only withdraw it or exchange it for fiat only if you needed the money or the platform is in grave danger.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:32:08 PM

I think, short term investment or long term investment is both profitable but it also depends on the market and we should be able to read the market well and should be able to determine which is better short term or long term

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
EnricoGomez

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

They are both profitable so either works as fine.
Though no one knows what exactly is the fate of bitcoin in the next decade so a few years may be good enough in my opinion.
It depends on the capacity and need of the person and how much time they can devote on waiting for profit on interest.
If you are willing to wait enough, do long term.
If you need money in a shorter period, do short term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: