Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:54:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin?  (Read 19917 times)
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 08:48:32 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

I guess we don't need to predict 2019. Watch 2018, that will give answers. Shit coins gonna die, greedy investors gonna die. Market would be healthy. Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 08:49:27 PM

No I don't think it is the end of 90% of altcoins by that time. I think that most will not be worth much but when new investors enter the scene they are looking for coins to get into which could mean pump for useless coins. I think we witnessed that in the bull run earlier this year so I don't rule it out if massive mainstream growth happens and the industry 10x in a year again.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:03:16 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

It's true that in time this will happen as some projects can't deliver on their promises or just do not find that they are as popular as they expected they would be. With regard to investors I think ICOs will always be popular as long as investors can profit. In time investors will probably have to be more select with which projects they choose but they will also probably be more knowledgeable and better able to pick good projects. If this is the case we will in turn have less poor projects as they won't raise any money.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:55:14 PM

This will be a very interesting discovery to come -   which percentage of icon projects are just scams or bad projects which will not deliver what promised? In 2019 investors will be more careful.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:08:50 PM

Unlike what most people think ICO tokens are not altcoins, they are simply currencies made based on the ethereum network that developers and project owners use to promote thier projects and to get a kickstarter on the projects, by selling these they get enough money just selling their ideas while others use them as if they were ethereum, this idea has ahd a masive success over the past few months and definetly had an impact not only on the ethereum but also on the other cryptocurrencies.
OLDARH

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

-YAHOO_EU-

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

It seems to me everything will depend on the possible changes in listing rules on the exchanges.
If everything remains the same, it is likely that the number of new altcoys will continue to grow, since issuing a new coin and making information around it is much easier and more profitable than huipit old coins that have long lost value.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:37:37 PM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.

And to a certain extent so is bitcoin's value right? Stock value etc? All based on speculation.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:59:36 PM

yes, right by the end of 2019 most of altcoins (80%-92%) will end Because

1) Bitcoin price: price of bitcoin will be more than 20,000$ to 60,000$.

2) ETH price: ETH will be POS coin and price pumped 2000$-6000$.

3) BCH price: price of bitcoin cash will increase next three years and maybe best altcoin of bitcoin (10,000$-20,000$).

4) LTC: litecoin will be last 3rd altcoin and all other altcoins will end (2,000$-8,000$)

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:49:49 PM

I think only good, rock solid ideas and projects will stick around. IMO that would be ico's like polymath. They're bridging the gap between financial securities and blockchain. That industry in itself is work millions if not trillions.
hgmarral

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:18:02 AM

I agree with the opening post that 2019 is an interesting time frame to watch. I think mass hype etc can only sustain itself for a limited amount of time. Expectations of ICO projects will increase as time goes on and the price will reflect their progress. Teams will come under even more scrutiny as times goes on, putting more pressure on their coin price.
SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:21:49 AM

i don't think ICOs will get to an end. But they will change dramatically from what we are seeing right now.

mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:26:27 AM

2019 is far too long for to predict the endings of altcoins. For now just enjoy every altcoins you are holding , and wait for it to be listed in a better ex hanges and wait for the price to go high. We don't really even know what will be the fate of altcoins in near future , but atleast for now altcoins gave big benifits to its holders. There would be always an ICO's and i think that altcoins will not end , even there are many ICO's in the crypto world.

bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 12:56:02 AM

Look at this: https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20130929/ Snapshot of 2013.  How many altcoins ring a bell?  About 10%.  Check their price and compare them with todays prices.  Now go check the other 90%.  If you're lucky they still exist they are 1x to 2x its original price. Many many are less than 10%...

That's the way things go around here.  Most die, some don't. Cheesy
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 01:00:07 AM

No I don't think it is the end of 90% of altcoins by that time. I think that most will not be worth much but when new investors enter the scene they are looking for coins to get into which could mean pump for useless coins. I think we witnessed that in the bull run earlier this year so I don't rule it out if massive mainstream growth happens and the industry 10x in a year again.
I like your thoughts, but you can not rule out anything. Yes, maybe now altcoin and somewhere on the bottom, but if you look now, they quietly crawled to the top.
Yes, many will not cost much, but it's like shares of a certain company, if the company provides interesting services, then its shares are expensive and very much and there will be the same way

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:19:26 AM

I dont think that 2019 is the time of 90% altcoin will end.
I know many project are scam but it will not change the exist altcoin which is listed in market. The exist altcoin in exchange will not be ending.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:23:22 AM

At some point people will turn their back to the most altcoins and invest in the long term projects. Like the  top20 and some hard working smaller projects. For now it is one happy family, but at some point only the strongest will survive.

It has always been the strongest survive, many altcoins die and look at the difference between marketcaps in the top 100 and below.
2019 will be no different than others.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:25:39 AM

I agree with some of you guys here, most of the ICOs will die for sure, but not all. You remember what happened with the Confido BS recently ? The next ICO that will follow Confido and exit scam is around the corner, I can feel it.
I'm going to quote something from 1 smart guy with a nice blog, where he shares random stuff that comes to his mind  Grin

"ICO is a business idea by one or more people with a promise of execution of that idea, if they collect X amount of money through token sales.

And you can quote me on that.

Now, next time you invest in ICO have in mind that you are investing your hard earned money in a promise."
simrac

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:27:15 AM

I think 2019 we just have token  ,ETH will become POS coin ,the bitcoin price can break $50,0000 .

Altcoins with new technology survive and growing up .
Yawn85 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 01:30:29 AM

My problem is, I can’t even trust some of the supposedly good ICO this year, for example OMG, it has such a high expectation from som many people and the thing just went down with then lousy roadmap and manipulative Twitter Lopatta, yet the SDK wallet is delayed, link is another coin disappointed me, such a good idea yet the development team seem so not care the token holder and do not release any update.
Yawn85 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 01:32:44 AM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.
BTC will probably become an altcoin in a few years, since its main value right now is speculation, to be honest.

The main value of BTC nowadays is to fork new shit coin. Few days ago, when I check CMC, top 5 coins, 3 are from bitcoin family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: