Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: shopping with BTC  (Read 1367 times)
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:59:22 PM

Well, I prefer to shop with fiat even though the store accepts payments using bitcoins. Bitcoin is more profitable for investment. If using fiat is more effective, why use bitcoin? do not do anything in vain.

legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:22:46 PM

I did shopping with Bitcoin, but price was not so expensive. After the rise in Bitcoin's price, I do not have a desire to spend it, comissions is high
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:07:59 AM

The way I understand about shopping with Bitcoin is, you could use one or more of the following possible ways that I have used in my short experience with BTC. However, each method has its own advantages and disadvantages which I will try to make clear, but you should also do your own research to choose the method which suits you the best. 1. Pay on Amazon and Other Sites: You can get some really great discounts from some of the world’s top internet retailers using this method. However, it can take a lot longer to complete a purchase than it normally would. 2. Bitcoin Debit Cards: You could also fund a debit card from your BTC wallet balance instead of your bank account. This is the easiest and most flexible method for spending your coins in physical stores around the world. However, there are fees to pay, and some services require you to convert your coins to the necessary fiat paid in advance. 3. Gift Cards: You could finally purchase electronic or physical gift cards using BTC, then spend them or give them as gifts. However, according to my experience, the best is to pay on internet sites.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:24:04 AM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

What do you think?  Will shopping with BTC be good or bad for BTC?
It will be too complicated. The company will have a potential of holding all the BTC they have earned for atleast a year and wait for its profit to grow exponentially. This is the reason why fiat money is more reliable in real life and almost everything is useless without fiat money.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:30:34 AM

I have the same sentiments. It's pretty much like you are cashing out your BTC when you pay using the services of 3rd party bitcoin payments like bitpay to convert your BTC. But I fail to see how this will affect the price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin price is based on the exchanges around the world. People wouldn't know about your transaction.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:42:19 AM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

It will be too complicated. The company will have a potential of holding all the BTC they have earned for atleast a year and wait for its profit to grow exponentially. This is the reason why fiat money is more reliable in real life and almost everything is useless without fiat money.
that’s right there are no easy way to use bitcoin for payments because bitcoin is still being stuck by slow transactions so how can the store can wait for a very long time for bitcoin transferred to their account. Moreover the price of bitcoin always up and down unexspectively so bitcoin will not be able to be used in business.
nurilham

Activity: 1456
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:57:15 AM

I think shopping with Bitcoin is very profitable because if the price of Bitcoin rises then Bitcoin we spend less and this can make Bitcoin prices become higher and become more popular

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
lhea056

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:07:11 AM

There is a lot of online shopping the accept bitcoin as payment but i don't do online shopping because some doesn't meet the said description or in picture when yo received it but instead i use bitcoin for paying bills and expenses and sending for remittance . i do shopping when i convert my bitcoin into cash because its better to buy in person rather than in online because there also scam online shopping  so beware of it . Bitcoin is a big impact to the people and many are using it and can be used in many ways so better have one . but i don't really recommend  to do online shopping not unless it is secured and trustworthy  online shop

SWONG

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:12:12 AM

That’s and good idea, but for now if not refer to country import like sevice  it suitable.
Anyhow a real shop is not easy for now because bitcoin is worldwide, and many country is banned
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:13:24 AM

Probably the worst idea if you're into bitcoin investments since bitcoins will increase eventually in value after some time. But I guess if you really have no choice and no other money to use, then sad to say, the only way to go is using bitcoins. I, for one, wouldn't use even a tinge of my bitcoins to buy anything online.

KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:17:47 AM

If you don't think of its convertion to your local currency then I think it is actually okay but the problem with most people is when they buy stuffs whether it is online or on an actual store; if for example they accept bitcoin, most of them would then convert how much it is worth if it is converted to let's say USD. Of course you will be thinking twice of how much fiat money you will be spending. But I think it is actually a good idea to shop using BTC because by then the coin will be circulated in the society and not just hoarded by some.
378budiman

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:18:49 AM

Currently, your country prohibits using Bitcoin to buy anything. If bitcoin will be accepted as a method of payment more people will buy bitcoin to use it to buy goods so the price will go up.However, you can still deal with others to transfer them to cash and use it. It's legal.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

For now it depends on the circumstances that bitcoin is facing its so volatile you can either profit or loss if bitcoin is being used to purchase merchandise, so maybe if the shop can manage some contracts with somebody that can buy bitcoin anytime and convert it to fiat real time is a much better way to avoid price volatility but this is not convenient because cash is pretty much cheap if it turns out to be like this people can save more if they are not gonna spent some extra in fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: