Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:20:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] STeX Exchange - 1st aggregator and 10000 cross-rates on one platform  (Read 16924 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stasyk411

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:26:04 PM

Yeah, there is a difference:
  • STeXExchange: old
  • STeXExchangeICO: new (important)

So https://ethplorer.io/address/0xeba49ddea9f59f0a80ecbb1fb7a585ce0bfe5a5e is the right contract address
The old one you can ignore, as those coins have no value and won't be used. If you invested before ICO keep in mind, that you'll lose your bonus payout for tokens that were never moved since preICO if you transfer them to you ledger (or any other address).
Good afternoon. I participated in 1 and 2 parts of the company's bounty and got your STeXExchange old tokens. Tell me when will you send me new tokens? Can you forget me?
Here is my wallet. Please check. 0x16E0DdFe339beCCeDb729CE5670938712390CAbE

But there are 3,087.84 STE tokens (STeX Exchange ICO) on that address, the last transaction was https://ethplorer.io/tx/0xc472b445c9b2360fa20a414293f9ad09e699476ae635f96954539af52d71d5f8
So everything is fine with this account or did I miss something?
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that all the new coins were in place. I correctly understood that you can not move purchased tokens from one purse to another, otherwise I can not receive dividends?
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:33:35 PM

Good afternoon. I participated in 1 and 2 parts of the company's bounty and got your STeXExchange old tokens. Tell me when will you send me new tokens? Can you forget me?

But there are 3,087.84 STE tokens (STeX Exchange ICO) on that address, the last transaction was https://ethplorer.io/tx/0xc472b445c9b2360fa20a414293f9ad09e699476ae635f96954539af52d71d5f8
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that all the new coins were in place. I correctly understood that you can not move purchased tokens from one purse to another, otherwise I can not receive dividends?

That is correct, right now, STE tokens can't be moved. And if they get transferable, any tokens that are from the PreSale will lose their dividends from the 20% bonus pool when they are moved out of their initial wallet.
Here is the info from STeX:

Q: Can tokens be moved between wallets and do I keep all benefits, if so? Right now they are on my MEW but I’m buying a hardware wallet soon.
A: You can access one and the same wallet from any wallet manager using the same private keys. No need to move your balance between different wallets. STE tokens become transferrable after the ICO has ended. Transferred tokens will not receive a 20% bonus. This is one of the ways we protect the price of STE.

and

Q: Should I transfer my STeX.Exchange STE tokens from one wallet to another, would this exclude them from the promised early investor 20% bonus?
A: Before we’ve started operations the answer is yes. This measure aims to protect the price of STE from dumping. After we launch the Smart Trading Platform we plan to implement an identity verification system for those who’d like to have several verified wallets to transfer our tokens between them. These verified users will not lose their 20% bonus.

stasyk411

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:41:07 PM

That is correct, right now, STE tokens can't be moved. And if they get transferable, any tokens that are from the PreSale will lose their dividends from the 20% bonus pool when they are moved out of their initial wallet.
Here is the info from STeX:

Q: Can tokens be moved between wallets and do I keep all benefits, if so? Right now they are on my MEW but I’m buying a hardware wallet soon.
A: You can access one and the same wallet from any wallet manager using the same private keys. No need to move your balance between different wallets. STE tokens become transferrable after the ICO has ended. Transferred tokens will not receive a 20% bonus. This is one of the ways we protect the price of STE.

and

Q: Should I transfer my STeX.Exchange STE tokens from one wallet to another, would this exclude them from the promised early investor 20% bonus?
A: Before we’ve started operations the answer is yes. This measure aims to protect the price of STE from dumping. After we launch the Smart Trading Platform we plan to implement an identity verification system for those who’d like to have several verified wallets to transfer our tokens between them. These verified users will not lose their 20% bonus.

Excellent. I invested in your project through a metamask and will store them there. And those coins that I got for the bounty they too can claim dividends? Thanks for the clarification.
mithrim

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

Excellent. I invested in your project through a metamask and will store them there. And those coins that I got for the bounty they too can claim dividends? Thanks for the clarification.

That is a good question. I'd say that this bonus is applicable for every token that initially came from the token contract address (the contract itself) without being transferred from another address beforehand.
Technically, this also is true for bounty tokens, but I myself thought that it's a special perk for PreSale investors.

The white paper says the following:

9.1 A special 20% bonus in commission earnings for original STE buyers

This 20% bonus is distributed among original STE holders, who have never sold their tokens. Therefore, in a scenario where more people sell their STE in the open market, a fewer number of STE holders who never sold them is left and the greater their share of that 20% will be. This is something that cannot be reversed and is only attributed to holders of untraded STE tokens, thus the per-token share of that reserved 20% will only ever increase over time. The takeaway from this is the following: it is better to never sell STE and watch your dividends grow.

So, the question is, what qualifies as an 'original STE buyer' or an 'original STE holder'?
Maybe @Ivan [STeX] can shed some light on this as it all depends on how the STeX team defines this and later implements the distribution algorithm.
stasyk411

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:02:20 PM

That is a good question. I'd say that this bonus is applicable for every token that initially came from the token contract address (the contract itself) without being transferred from another address beforehand.
Technically, this also is true for bounty tokens, but I myself thought that it's a special perk for PreSale investors.

The white paper says the following:

9.1 A special 20% bonus in commission earnings for original STE buyers

This 20% bonus is distributed among original STE holders, who have never sold their tokens. Therefore, in a scenario where more people sell their STE in the open market, a fewer number of STE holders who never sold them is left and the greater their share of that 20% will be. This is something that cannot be reversed and is only attributed to holders of untraded STE tokens, thus the per-token share of that reserved 20% will only ever increase over time. The takeaway from this is the following: it is better to never sell STE and watch your dividends grow.

So, the question is, what qualifies as an 'original STE buyer' or an 'original STE holder'?
Maybe @Ivan [STeX] can shed some light on this as it all depends on how the STeX team defines this and later implements the distribution algorithm.

I will keep the bounty of coins and maybe get these bonuses for them. I always leave tokens for long because this market is just starting.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:32:14 PM

@Ivan [STeX]

I wonder if you plan to somehow integrate your DEEP web app into STeX exchange polatform or will it be separate project?

[...]

Maybe that changed but I don't think so, as DEEP is a proof of concept. But who knows, maybe in a later version we get a fancy DEEP analysis in some kind of SteX-explorer Smiley

That's what I was thinking, it could become a unique tool, exclusive for STeX exchange if they somehow integrate and adopt it to platform.

BTW As far as I remember STE tokens froum first bounty (before ICO started) will also qualify for dividends, but I will gladly hear confirmation from Ivan.
aelfric

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:15:28 PM

Is there a date for the opening of the registration of new accounts in the exchange? Will it be along with the beta release?

mithrim

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Is there a date for the opening of the registration of new accounts in the exchange? Will it be along with the beta release?

Until now, there hasn't been a registration. There are referral links generated by giving an ETH address, but there was no option to create an account.
Since the exchange isn't operating yet until now there is no need for an account. Later there will be the possibility of creating an account through an identity verification system for those who’d like to have several verified wallets to transfer tokens between them.
snewvine

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:28:55 PM

STeX Team. can you explain more on what  horizontal-scalable STeX Core… is and how it'll be the First to do this?
thanks

Imagine the orchestra with the conductor. Each instrument is a separate coin server, playing its own part in the symphony.
The core (conductor) makes them all work together perfectly synchronized.
If the core is down, this role is transferred to a spare conductor waiting nearby, or even to one of the musicians.
If some musician it not fast enough to play all the tunes in time, we can add another with the same instrument so they share the task.
Each task is totally independent and can be performed on a separate server. Or, if need be, on hundreds of such servers.
And all that is automated in the STeX Cloud.

Ivan
What a beautiful way to explain. I fully understand. I think that's what will make STeX so Special to be #1  of all exchanges. the technology is changing rapidly and if STeX does this then they will corner the market of exchanges and will be the Best Exchange due to the advanced technology STeX will offer.
Thanks

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
aelfric

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

Until now, there hasn't been a registration. There are referral links generated by giving an ETH address, but there was no option to create an account.
Since the exchange isn't operating yet until now there is no need for an account. Later there will be the possibility of creating an account through an identity verification system for those who’d like to have several verified wallets to transfer tokens between them.

Ok thanks! I'm joining the telegram channel to stay tunned  Smiley
kkndkill

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:23:26 AM

Ok thanks! I'm joining the telegram channel to stay tunned  Smiley

STeX gelegram link  is  https://t.me/stex_official.
sud

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:00:57 PM

Check out new STeX vid which looks really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9O4jQlpiFs

I was just wondering about liquidity for some exotic altcoin pairs we will see on the platform, like DCR/BELA (showed in the above vid). There will be minimal amount of orders on such a pair, so how exactly will liquidity pool take care of it?
mithrim

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:24:38 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 07:37:37 PM by mithrim
Merited by Welsh (1), bill gator (1)

I was just wondering about liquidity for some exotic altcoin pairs we will see on the platform, like DCR/BELA (showed in the above vid). There will be minimal amount of orders on such a pair, so how exactly will liquidity pool take care of it?

Well, as I understand, there doesn't need to be an explicit trading pair like DCR/BELA since you trade through the liquidity pool.
Let's make a simple example with a few assumptions:

• you want to trade DCR/BELA
  • your main exchange is Bittrex
  • on Bittrex DCR/BTC is traded but no BELA/BTC
  • on Poloniex DCR/BTC and BELA/BTC are traded but you have no account

Now you've got several options if you want to sell your DCR and get BELA.
Right now, the 'easiest' way would be to create a Polo account and either trade your DCR to BTC on Bittrex and then transfer them to Polo and trade BTC/BELA or to transfer your DCR to Polo, trade them there for BTC and then again buy BELA with them.
This is a pretty long way to go but in the end, you'd have your DCR/BELA trade.

With STeX, it will be much easier and faster:
The STeX platform is connected to other exchanges and trades through its liquidity pool. What it means is that STeX knows the rates of DCR/BTC and BELA/BTC on Polo and the rate of BELA/BTC on Bittrex.
The chain would be as follows:

you give DCR to STeX >> DCR in STeX liquidity pool >> STeX liquidity pool trades DCR/BTC on Polo (sell) >> BTC in STeX liquidity pool >> STeX liquidity pool trades BELA/BTC on Polo (buy) >> BELA in STeX liquidity pool >> you get your BELA from STeX

This is way more convenient and not nearly as time-consuming as doing those trade yourself + you don't need to wait for the transfer of your coins from one exchange to the other.
But there is more to it. Because STeX knows all rates of the connected exchanges, it also always knows where the best rates are. So, if the rate of DCR/BTC is more favourable on Bittrex than on Polo, STeX would trade DCR/BTC there instead of on Polo and if there is a better chain, the algorithm could use that instead, e.g.:

DCR/DOGE(Bleutrade) >> DOGE/ETH (Poloniex) >> ETH/BTC (Bittrex) >> BTC/BELA (Poloniex)

In this example, you'd also give DCR and get BELA but through the STeX liquidity pool, you made the most favourable trade possible compared to trading DCR/BTC and BTC/BELA directly on Poloniex.

There are so many possible solutions and ways to save fees, profit from different spreads, make arbitrage...

The liquidity pool ensures, that there always is capital for your trade and the STeX algorithm uses the pool to make the best trades/chains.

The STeX liquidity pool is much much more of course. Since it gets larger and larger, it can also have the most important (trading-)coins in store and can make the trade that much faster. It all depends on the management of the liquidity pool, of course.

So to answer your second part of the question:
If there would be a dedicated DCR/BELA market, you'd be absolutely right, the number of orders would be very few and the rates really bad since the order book would be nearly empty because few people would trade this pair. BUT there is no such market and the order books of DCR/BTC and BELA/BTC on other exchanges are much more likely to have more entries in them and so your rate is way better.

That way, you'll be able to trade the most exotic pairs you can imagine without the need of a dedicated trading market while still having the best rates possible + filled order books. Cool
sud

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:37:09 PM

So basically, liquidity pool will be used to store the funds on different exchanges accounts to trade and fill orders coming from STeX platform?
mithrim

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:21:12 PM

So basically, liquidity pool will be used to store the funds on different exchanges accounts to trade and fill orders coming from STeX platform?

I don't exactly know how the distribution will be handled and where the funds are allocated, but this would be a fair assumption as the funds need to be on the exchange in order to be used there and so that the transaction can be (almost) instantaneous.
Maybe Ivan [STeX] can elaborate on this a bit.
snewvine

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:10:58 PM

Since I've been very "Pro" STeX I figured that even though it's good to see all  the positive sides, What I'd like to know is what is a "CON" or negative STeX Exchange will face?

There's was some discussion on exotic exchanging of Alt Coins. So what would be a Negative to that scenario? Is there higher cost's that STeX would charge for the Exotic changes? Would there ever come a time where there are too many of these types of changes that would cause STeX Exchange problems?

I feel if all sides are looked at then when someone considering STeX will understand fully on both the trading and Investing in STE Token.

Thank you.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
mithrim

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:38:54 AM

That's an interesting question. I myself (obviously) am very positive regarding the STeX project as it has huge potential. But at the same time, that is my worst fear - it's only potential so far. True, the video is promising and if everything that is shown there works as described than I truly see very few downsides. There are more and more exchanges coming out and it gets harder and harder to get customers. Binance had this kind of success because of Bittrex and Polo failing their customers every day a bit more and they also had some other factors in their favour. The exchange itself wasn't nearly that good as it is today but they worked very hard for that and had always their customers in mind.

I find it hard to come up with CONs as I couldn't test the system. I think in order to get a real picture of the STeX vision, we need a live demo or alpha/beta.
In my eyes, an exchange must be fast, easy to use and must have a clear interface & features. E.g. I don't get why not every exchange has featured "Trade Analysis" like Poloniex:

I really don't get it. And even this could be better. But most 'older' exchanges are just horrible when it comes to analyzing your trades. I myself don't even try to do it on the exchange. And that's what I don't get. The easier it is for a (new) trader to use an exchange, the more he will use it. He will depend on its features and even miss them on other exchanges if they don't offer them.

So if the STeX team delivers a platform with said features, with good infrastructure and if they are showing continuous improvements like Binance, then this could very well work. One of my main concerns regarding the launch and the exchange itself would be communication and customer relations. That is an area where STeX could improve mightily. I don't want to be rude, it's just my opinion and there is more than enough time to fix that Smiley
kkndkill

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:51:05 AM

Check out new STeX vid which looks really good!

https://i.imgur.com/a5CDWDC.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9O4jQlpiFs

Great, I like this video very much, hope more people can see this video and join STEX.
sud

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:49:03 AM

That's an interesting question. I myself (obviously) am very positive regarding the STeX project as it has huge potential. But at the same time, that is my worst fear - it's only potential so far. True, the video is promising and if everything that is shown there works as described than I truly see very few downsides. There are more and more exchanges coming out and it gets harder and harder to get customers. Binance had this kind of success because of Bittrex and Polo failing their customers every day a bit more and they also had some other factors in their favour. The exchange itself wasn't nearly that good as it is today but they worked very hard for that and had always their customers in mind.

I find it hard to come up with CONs as I couldn't test the system. I think in order to get a real picture of the STeX vision, we need a live demo or alpha/beta.
In my eyes, an exchange must be fast, easy to use and must have a clear interface & features. E.g. I don't get why not every exchange has featured "Trade Analysis" like Poloniex:

I really don't get it. And even this could be better. But most 'older' exchanges are just horrible when it comes to analyzing your trades. I myself don't even try to do it on the exchange. And that's what I don't get. The easier it is for a (new) trader to use an exchange, the more he will use it. He will depend on its features and even miss them on other exchanges if they don't offer them.

So if the STeX team delivers a platform with said features, with good infrastructure and if they are showing continuous improvements like Binance, then this could very well work. One of my main concerns regarding the launch and the exchange itself would be communication and customer relations. That is an area where STeX could improve mightily. I don't want to be rude, it's just my opinion and there is more than enough time to fix that Smiley

True, this year will bring dozens of new exchanges, most of them fully or partly decentralized, so the competition is hards and this space is getting tight. Hope STeX will deliver the platform on time, and with all the promised features, then they have a chance to be successful.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

I am just wondering, do you have any in partnership company? Because I think that it is difficult to be successful without any kind of support of others, mostly those who are veteran in tachnology and has many supporters also.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'veteran' and 'supporters'. WOuld be grat if you could clarify what you mean exactly.
The idea of STeX is that you have trading pairs of coins that are traded on (many) other exchanges with different spreads and rates. So if a coin is cheap on one exchange you buy it there through the liquidity pool of the STeX exchange.

So there is no inherent need of a 'partnership' with said exchanges or any support for the platform itself. It would be nice (maybe), but it's definitely not needed for the project to be successful or profitable  Cool
Okay! Thank you for answering. Yes! You are right! STeX can handle it alone. As far as I can see, many people are now attracted in STeX. I hope that the development of this project will continuously to grow.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: