Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:07:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100K$ to invest! What would you do?  (Read 727 times)
mhgxd (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:25:34 PM

Hi,

So I've got 100k$ that I'm planning to invest, I shall say, I'm not a trader, I've never daily traded any crypto in my life so trading is off topic.

I'm already highly invested in bitcoin and these 100k$ that I'm planning to invest came from btc profit which I invested way back to 2013.

I'm looking for options towards mining, I've checked out mining rigs, but honestly I can't figure out what cards to choose and which are the best.
I'm also between ASIC or GPU, gpu seems to give more space since you can mine a couple of coins with them and get better profit from it.

If you'd have this 100k$ to invest in mining hardware, what would you choose and why. I'm in a 3rd world country and electricity is pretty affordable even in large consumption.

I've had 2 rigs with 6 x radeon 480 4gb, for 6 months and I'm not even near to get my investment back since I bought the 2 rigs for around 6.5k Euros.
and this is holding me back since I can't get a plain plan, as what to invest and what to mine that would get me my investment back at least around 1 year from investment point.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:38:11 PM

In case you're going mining, it entirely depends on how much time you're willing to sink in.

Let's look at some arbitrary examples ignoring scale:

(Level 0 mining: CPU mining, high electricity, no profit hobby mining, etc;)
Level 1 mining: ASIC plug and play, long time to ROI - if lucky but there's no need to spend time on it;
Level 2 mining: ASIC but with consciously researched coins with slightly faster ROI, some time required;
Level 3 mining: GPU mining at nicehash, the lazy plug and play/forget method with slow ROI and not much time required - except for maintenance/troubleshooting (which will be plenty for $100k worth of rigs);
Level 4 mining: GPU mining but with directly mining a few coins you researched with optimized hardware;

There are quite a few levels after that, but those are not just being shared publicly for the most part but rest assured, putting the time in you can figure them out and you can earn the most.

For $100k you could just do ASICs (just avoid X11 ASICs for now) and forget about them, but it depends on what you're expectations are on your returns and how much time you're willing to spend on this project.

Not your keys, not your coins!
mhgxd (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

In case you're going mining, it entirely depends on how much time you're willing to sink in.

Let's look at some arbitrary examples ignoring scale:

(Level 0 mining: CPU mining, high electricity, no profit hobby mining, etc;)
Level 1 mining: ASIC plug and play, long time to ROI - if lucky but there's no need to spend time on it;
Level 2 mining: ASIC but with consciously researched coins with slightly faster ROI, some time required;
Level 3 mining: GPU mining at nicehash, the lazy plug and play/forget method with slow ROI and not much time required - except for maintenance/troubleshooting (which will be plenty for $100k worth of rigs);
Level 4 mining: GPU mining but with directly mining a few coins you researched with optimized hardware;

There are quite a few levels after that, but those are not just being shared publicly for the most part but rest assured, putting the time in you can figure them out and you can earn the most.

For $100k you could just do ASICs (just avoid X11 ASICs for now) and forget about them, but it depends on what you're expectations are on your returns and how much time you're willing to spend on this project.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

I’m somewhere between 3 and 4. If I go on level 3, my calculations are like this.
For example: I shall get a 6 gpu rig for around 3k€ right now, with a hashrate ~150mhs/rig w/o OC.

I’d get 33 rigs for ~100k, which is a ~5000mhs.

With 5000mhs, on cryptocompare profil calc, I’d get ~10k$/monthly mining ETHERUM.

My 2 rig electic consumption gets me a bill ~40€. 33x40 = 1320€/ monthly for electricity.

So in 12 months I’m nearly my investment and that is something I’m okay with.

Now these calcs are on this real time price which is nearly ATH for etherum.

With this hashrate I’d get 5 eths per month, and if the price keeps going up that becomes perfect.

I’m trying to understand the difficulty of ETH atm, but unfortunately I can’t find some good documentations that explains that.

Is there something I’m missing out in my calculations, or if someone has a better idea on this please reply.

Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:31:52 PM

That is not a good movement, and definetely not a good decision if you are going to invest 1/10 of a million dollars.

Why dont you invest that bunch of money in bitcoin? Buy a hardware wallet, write your 24 words, and forget about it for a year. Maybe during the next holidays, you are going to see your balance doubled, or even tripled in just a few months.

That is much more better than just buying tons of ASICs or GPU's are having to check them the whole day to see if they are burning theirselves or if you have any trouble with the electricity bills.

Make your own decision, but that is what i would do instead of that
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

Hi,

So I've got 100k$ that I'm planning to invest, I shall say, I'm not a trader, I've never daily traded any crypto in my life so trading is off topic.

I'm already highly invested in bitcoin and these 100k$ that I'm planning to invest came from btc profit which I invested way back to 2013.

I'm looking for options towards mining, I've checked out mining rigs, but honestly I can't figure out what cards to choose and which are the best.
I'm also between ASIC or GPU, gpu seems to give more space since you can mine a couple of coins with them and get better profit from it.

If you'd have this 100k$ to invest in mining hardware, what would you choose and why. I'm in a 3rd world country and electricity is pretty affordable even in large consumption.

I've had 2 rigs with 6 x radeon 480 4gb, for 6 months and I'm not even near to get my investment back since I bought the 2 rigs for around 6.5k Euros.
and this is holding me back since I can't get a plain plan, as what to invest and what to mine that would get me my investment back at least around 1 year from investment point.

Rather than mining and what about trying to use the Pos platform just like neo? Because my friends get passive income caused by staking his coin. There will be no power consumption. If just need to stake and you will be able to get your passive income.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:41:12 PM

Hi,

And why did you decide to get it? Why would you just not buy top currencies and just do not follow them?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:34:03 PM

with so much money would be very good to invest in bitcoin because later if the increase will be felt, and that I think is better than investing in ico or altcoin because the proof has not been like bitcoin

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:37:15 PM

I would probably go into BCH, everytime a fork happens everyone sells bitcoin and buys BCH which will make the price go up which sets up people to purchase BCH before the fork which makes people want to go before them and more people before them, eventually making people buy BCH scattered thinking its the lowest point before a fork, eventually making it into its own traded coin. Besides it going up from forks I believe that it will go up on its own I think it has a lot of potential since it has gained a lot of popularity. I see BCH being 50:100 to bitcoin I think it could retain half the value of Bitcoin after volume increases with BCH.
baronious

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:48:00 PM

I would probably go into BCH, everytime a fork happens everyone sells bitcoin and buys BCH which will make the price go up which sets up people to purchase BCH before the fork which makes people want to go before them and more people before them, eventually making people buy BCH scattered thinking its the lowest point before a fork, eventually making it into its own traded coin. Besides it going up from forks I believe that it will go up on its own I think it has a lot of potential since it has gained a lot of popularity. I see BCH being 50:100 to bitcoin I think it could retain half the value of Bitcoin after volume increases with BCH.

BCH is a centralized scam coin run by roger and jihan.. They use the bitcoin brand name and claim that they are the real bitcoin... Do not buy!
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:51:48 PM

Invest half in Bitcoin, and 10% in 5 other top 10 coins of your choice. Wait 5 years, cash out and retire.

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:44:23 AM

I think Low capitalized altcoins with great tecnicals would be good, like Byteball or Bitcore.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:45:52 AM

Look for the REAL projects.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479595.0

there you should put a good portion of any crypto investment

bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:24:36 AM

With 100k

30% on Bitcoin, no doubt!
30% on the top 15 altcoins, especially Stellar-Lumen, Monero, Litecoin, Bitcoincash
30% on altcoins with a low market cap
10% for me as a great advisor  Cheesy
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:25:31 AM

$ 100 thousand is a huge amount. With that money you can buy 10 bitcoins. But in my opinion, you should divide your investment into 3 parts. Part of you use bitcoin to exchange with the altcoin and earn from it. Part of you used to buy some potential ICO projects. Also you can participate in coin lending projects to get passive income from it.
jbboyet2406

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:35:53 AM

If I have 100k$, I going to invest

50% Buy some $Onions and hold it for long term.
30% Buy erc20 token and going to buy low sell high
20% Buy rigs for mining
20% Buy Bitcoin for more fork

I really worth it if this will come true  Smiley
runajailbr

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:50:24 AM

buy bitcoin for 30%
ETH 30%
Zcoin 20%
ubiq 20%
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:57:22 AM

I think it is big mistake to assume that mining is easier than trading. When you trying to get more ROI on your rigs you have to spent a lot of time to research all the coins you are planning to mine. Plus you have to watch the news and roadmap calendar, read the tweets of officiall accounts. Because you have to be ready to sell or start mining something else when the situation is changed drastically.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:41:41 AM

@mhgxd. I will share this article about Willy Woo with you and let you decide what you need to do. But one advice I can give you is to keep investing your profits in good and budding altcoins.

Also, your $100,000, x100 or x1000 would be your retirement.

Willy Woo sounds like a high stakes altcoin gambler.

He's often looking for insane 100x to even 1,000x gains, and he's willing to stomach the kind of volatility that could wipe out three-quarters of his portfolio's value over a couple of weeks.

And while everyday investors might be bewildered by those concepts, it's not too surprising for Woo, given his background.

While now best known for his innovative philosophies on cryptocurrency, Woo got his start in the trading world buying derivatives during the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis — he started shorting bank stocks right before the banks collapsed. And that experience gave Woo a pretty solid understanding of how to trade markets when they're at their most volatile.

Plus, with a background coding as a teenager, it's no wonder Woo was drawn to cryptocurrency.

It was right around the time bitcoin hit the $1 billion mark that Woo got interested in crypto, shortly after moving to Bali, where, as he describes it, he "went down the rabbit hole."

While his first foray – much like other investors just getting in – was bitcoin, he's since changed his tune, deciding the real action is in altcoins (alternative cryptocurrencies).

"My particular portfolio is very, very high gain, high risk. It's highly volatile," said Woo.

Read the full article https://www.coindesk.com/just-400-willy-woos-magic-math-insane-crypto-returns/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:51:18 AM

Gold maybe.. sure as hell not shitcoins.

EDIT:
Oh and Willy Woo is a scammy corrupt immoral douche i guarantee it.
Most of you doing this have no sense of integrity.
Morality or ideology has no interest to you ..nor does crypto (or it's future or usage)
You all will line up to squat down and take a fat shit all over it.. as long as you make money in the process.
Sound to me like he helped contribute to the 2008 world wide recession as will as shitcoining for ROI's.
Should i be jealous of idiots robbing old ladies for pensions too ?

Crypto makes me sick .

FUD first & ask questions later™
ecfel

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:57:57 AM

Quit my job. i'll invest in bitconnect, purchase in ICO and trade daily

airfio
Advancin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print