Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4706 times)
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:13:08 AM

I am unable to deposit tokens on etherdelta even with a 2$ fee. That's just disgusting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ayertosco

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:32:09 PM

Waiting my eth deposit on Kucoin for hours, still can't find the transaction on the network. Scale this damn thing.
HAARP

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:33:11 PM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?

There is a problem with ethereum blockchain since yesterday. O etherdelta, it's only possible to operate on ether blockchain that's why people can't perform transactions.
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:36:29 PM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?

There is a problem with ethereum blockchain since yesterday. O etherdelta, it's only possible to operate on ether blockchain that's why people can't perform transactions.

So... the issue is in ethereum network??

I was wandering about this... I have some transactions stuck on EtherDelta since yesterday and I didn't know if it was EhterDelta fault or ETH network.

Good to know! Anyone knows why? Another scalability issue on Ethereum? Will this affect the value?

Other transactions, besides EtherDelta, getting stuck also?
Ayertosco

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:40:50 PM

This situation will show the actual problem of blockchain tech. Scalability issues have to be solved. If a stupid cryptokitty game can take down a supercomputer network like Ethereum then, the tech can't work in the real world. Let's see what the next development can bring to the table.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:44:23 PM

damn cryptokittys!  they are setting the gas price to 400 gwei  Huh

the network is rejecting even 200 gas limits...
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:44:58 PM

Really? After works with network it is very fast and cheap. Very good technology. I think most part of slow transactions gives EtherDelta.
Ethereum is very good!
I agree with you on this.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

the reason for the currenty performance issues is crypto citties. This game with the cartoon cats is obviously using 15% of the overall transactions of ethereum. This is insane. And this game just started one week ago.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:49:55 PM

It is not slow, try to make your GWEI higher, probably 50k sat of Eth is good, but probably higher than that is better. Try to do that and probably you can say that it is fast right now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Evanston45

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:42:43 PM

can the gas price be increased on exchanges like coinbase/GDAX? I don't see an option for it.
Swid

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:45:18 PM

damn crypto kitties everywhere!
Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:49:27 PM

If transaction is stuck, try sending 0 ether to yourself and it should cancel the transaction. Then re-send transaction with higher gas price, currently 12 gwei(!)

https://ethgasstation.info/
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:51:37 PM

the reason for the currenty performance issues is crypto citties. This game with the cartoon cats is obviously using 15% of the overall transactions of ethereum. This is insane. And this game just started one week ago.

It's amazing that such a ridiculous concept is the cause of ethereum congestion. What is wrong with people?!?!?

I expect a whole host of ethereum blockchain games coming online in the coming months to try to emulate this success. Hope we see some action to speed up confirmation times!
jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:51:46 PM

There's a new 'game' with crypto kitties that's blown up like crazy and that's helping to congest the network! It's crazy, people paying over $5000 for virtual cats?!  Huh Huh Huh

+1 to the guy above me, expect to see crypto puppies here in no time.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Evanston45

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

but how can i increase the gas price if I already sent the ETH and its pending? I sent 1 ETH this morning 4 hours ago via coinbase...still pending. Can't seem to cancel. Can't seem to adjust gas (even before submitting).
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:12:30 PM

The last few days, moreover, it is slow, so still very expensive. Transactions do not go, but the commission is paid. Probably some time we should reduce the number of transactions ..
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:16:15 PM

Maybe there are lesser Ethereum miners now? As some other coins are more profitable to mine now...
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

At first you need to check your gas price because if your gas price is low then your transaction is too late and thereum have more transaction so it pay auto for all participate who move his eth.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:26:09 PM

I think there are lots of ICO running right now, there are thousands of ETH transactions going through ETH network so transactions with less Gwei is not getting confirmed within few minutes, increasing your Gwei will make your tranactions faster which is possible with etherdelta. Just set your Gas price high by going through link in upper right corner of your trade window.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:27:26 PM

It's amazing that such a ridiculous concept is the cause of ethereum congestion. What is wrong with people?!?!?

I expect a whole host of ethereum blockchain games coming online in the coming months to try to emulate this success. Hope we see some action to speed up confirmation times!

I thought these kind of issues will be happen on ethereum too but tro to beware of using the ethereum. Whatsoever ethereum is the  centralized currency and people who are main investor and dev team can control on anytime. That is the reason I don't take care those altcoins in my investment as well.
Guys if you looking into invest your find altcoins try to choose by checking the dev team and it is decentralized money or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: