Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4706 times)
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM

the main reason is the game called crypto kitties that ethereum network has released last2 yesterday surely it causes the problems about transactions.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jpbregonje

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:48:13 AM

Because of the recent Crypto Kitties game. Buying and selling virtual kittens on the main Ethereum blockchain. Literally just a virtual character on a website. Like collecting pokemon in Pokemon Go except that it runs on the ETH blockchain and the only way to add new kitten are to buy or gave birth to it. Both done on ETH chain and people somehow love it. That's why the network is clogged up, people are making transactions to sell, buy, and gave birth to new kittens LOL. Hilarious. What a way to force Ethereum dev to scale up their blockchain Tongue

https://www.cryptokitties.co/
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/people-have-spent-over-1m-buying-virtual-cats-on-the-ethereum-blockchain/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/viral-cat-game-responsible-for-huge-portion-of-ethereum-transactions
https://twitter.com/CryptoKitties/status/937444644740198400

Aahh well at least we now know that the network has scalability issues  Lips sealed
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:48:46 AM

I think ETH is never slow Because they really have good road map and always improve them self Cry
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

I think ETH is never slow Because they really have good road map and always improve them self Cry

did you ever tried to send any amount of ETH this day?  you will know how slow it is when you send , im very disapointed about this happening right now.  i cant even sell many altcoin i have right now because of this crypto kitty game.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
astridplomp

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:52:35 AM

ethereum is being effected by the rising of bitcoin, more and more people are selling their eth and turn into bitcoin, they make bitcoin rises more but the eth drop drastically, and they need a very long time to regain back to normal, as long as bitcoin keep rising eth will keep rising too but at a very slow speed.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:58:22 AM

This is just a sign of ethereum blockchain isn't ready for this massive transaction as the blockchain is too congested now so transactions now are all compromise.
Even you change gwei in higher or lower amount still transaction is failed or pending. Well, just hope it can fix as soon as possible.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:03:09 PM

Because CryptoKitties (virus game on blockchain) creates too many TX, which load ETH-network. I think it will soon be over, but now ETH has very big fees

pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:08:26 PM

Ethereum is not slow just grow your gas price and you can see this first transaction.

I was changing the gas price to be 15 gwei but still need to wait 1.5 hours to confirm thebtransaction.
If we increase again mean our small transaction will pay bigger amount.
It is happen since last 3 days. And also send etherium from 1 wallet to another need long time.
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:29:51 PM

i have set gas limit to 400000 and still pending since last night, what happen now? eth price down and we cant sell our token?
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:35:57 PM

since ethereum additionally has some genuine scaling issues and each time the quantity of exchanges on the ether chain increments, everything goes to hellfire. the cost of an exchange will increment too quick and too high, significantly quicker than bitcoin and you will feel the gradualness, and there additionally have been not kidding cases that the system went down and trades needed to debilitate store and withdrawals for seven days until the point when the issue was understood.

this for the most part occurs amid the ICOs where there is a great deal of disorder happening all over the place.
fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:36:41 PM

Ethereum is not slow just grow your gas price and you can see this first transaction.

I was changing the gas price to be 15 gwei but still need to wait 1.5 hours to confirm thebtransaction.
If we increase again mean our small transaction will pay bigger amount.
It is happen since last 3 days. And also send etherium from 1 wallet to another need long time.
That's i think very impressive, i hope this situation only temporary and the dev teams can solve this network problem as soon as possible. For now we just can waiting for devs works and give them supports
Thewel

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:48:32 PM

ethereum instead of slowing down but you have to add gas to make transactions, but this is a bit unsettling because many failed transactions and make people who do not understand to be confused.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:03:09 PM

it cause cryptokitties
you can see in pending tx at etherscan , there a lot of txid pending.. 25k transactions pending
and if you want trade in etherdelta now, you must use high gwei for gas
recommended gas you can check in here : ethgasstation.info
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:05:06 PM

theres a lot oof traansactions going every seconds! be sure to put more gas to make transaction faster than expected . 21000 gas is normal and dont go slow because gas is just a cheap for ethereum, and i agree to a guy that ethereumm deserves 3000 USD each !

stefy77

Activity: 658
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:08:05 PM

If it is true that the cause is a game like Crypto Kitties that is based on the blockchain of Ethereum to work then it will not be so difficult to block it altogether that blockchain. Just another game like that or two and Ehereum is planted. Shocked
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

Well, why the ether is already slowing down, but does anyone know that Vital and his team are going to fix this case? or so everything will be left until the cats imitate? Something I'm already tired of 5 $ for the transaction to pay and for all the 3 hours of translation to wait!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:22:36 PM

Yeah this game blew off the roof many ,and broke the Ethereum network a transaction inhibit
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:26:54 PM

To be honest i really dont know why the electroneum is very slow in fixing their sites and distributing the stakes to the participants all we have to do is wait for the bounty and trust the process
take a bow brother here we are talking about ethereum not electroneum. ethereum is very old in the market and electroneum just came now.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:41:13 PM

Reading those reason gives me some idea why eth is slow by now, I think the dev needs to comply and needs to fixed this problem, thinking
to add some eth from my wallet so after btc rally then we will see that eth will rise again hope the network is already fixed from that time.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:50:13 PM

probably because the system is being interrupted. I also feel the same, from the past I have difficulty to access, hopefully the system quickly normal and can be used for transaction again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: