Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4706 times)
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:15:27 AM

Ethereum has been operating at maximum capacity the last few days. It was already near full before and cryptokitties pushed it beyond the limit. You just need to increase your gas a little bit and your transactions will go through though - the miners usually favor the highest fees transactions to go first (so they make more money).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:56:39 AM

The ethereum game called crypto kitties is the reason why the ethereum transactions is slow right now,they are in maitenance today so stay tuned.
yes its makes the transaction so slow. i believe it will overcome soon. just be patient and wait tlll its fix. eth soon will rise as bitcoin do. the market is so good for crypto, all crypto are  rise so high. eth will becomes around 600 $

Budening

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:52:53 AM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?
Just give your opinion, maybe the reason because ethereum now has a game cryptokitties that make etherdelta a delay and trigger a lot of speculations that are pros and cons. And I don't know how long this problem will be resolved. I hope etherdelta can take a one more step for resolve this problem.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:03:42 AM

In what case Ethereum so slow? The growth or the transaction process. Ethereum run slow in growth case because Ethereum want to make long term cryptomarket, as we can see now Ethereum value is around 400USD and maybe can reach 500USD. And in transaction process, now trending Cryptokitties as a plan to let the btc bubble explode

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
wapperjaw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:22:42 AM

Eth is bogged down because cryptokitties. Cute little fuzzy crypto cats
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:21:02 AM

Blame those damn kitties.

(They are cute though)
tharindukw96

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:43:36 AM

In the last weeks Ethereum and its network have been the target of a constant attacks resulting in various issues and disruption of the normal operation of the network and users having trouble with transactions. The attacker(s) apparently have been very crafty in locating vulnerabilities in the client implementations as well as the protocol specification and abusing them in order to make things hard for everyone else mining or using Ethereum. According to the Ethereum developers the most visible consequence of the attacks for most users is that they are having difficulties getting transactions included in blocks, and full nodes are facing memory limitations in managing the bloated state. This needs to be addressed with a hardfork and that hard fork was initially planned to happen at block 2457000, but has since been postponed for block 2463000 to allow for more testing of the new code before it becoming live. This is supposed to happen sometime around the coming Tuesday, October 18th. Do note that around that time some exchanges may temporary disable Ethereum (ETH) trading and withdraws/deposits in order to avoid possible issues when the hardfork hits, so make sure to be careful operating with any Ethereum coins around that time.
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215

CryptoFan

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:44:02 AM

Because there is a hype with some cats.
No it's not a joke :p
You can buy cats and feed them and make them reproduce to have more cats with random genes, then you can trade them and sell them, and there is a big hype around that, which is taking a huge load of the ethereum network right now.

That's why it's so slow today. But after the hype and when PoS will be 100% working, there won't be this kind of issue so much.
Just let's be patient, and wait for the paradize.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

Because the developers are douche they cant even fix what slowing their network,cryptokitties which causes that damn problem the whole network fucked up.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:14:15 AM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?
Just give your opinion, maybe the reason because ethereum now has a game cryptokitties that make etherdelta a delay and trigger a lot of speculations that are pros and cons. And I don't know how long this problem will be resolved. I hope etherdelta can take a one more step for resolve this problem.
i think they are now making a way on how they will resolve it but as of now it is on a way or in a process so we just patiently wait for what will happen next if they make some way to resolved this issue.
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

crypto kittens take all speed))) what's wrong with cats? why the shadows are so important in our lives...it causes laughter in me.. but a slow network - it upsets me
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:23:39 PM

crypto kittens take all speed))) what's wrong with cats? why the shadows are so important in our lives...it causes laughter in me.. but a slow network - it upsets me

And yet the slow network interferes with the work for a week as, and also frustrates the lack of a real alternative to ether.
In any case, at the moment, despite all its shortcomings, we are forced to use it (I hope the situation in the near future will change for the better.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:30:12 PM

blame the crypto kittens.

They will sort this issue out soon. It is a great stress test for the platform and they will learn from this.
daniyalasghar

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:34:25 PM

cryptokitties is the reason these days cryptokitties is getting attention of alot of peoples. Peoples are playing cryptokitties too much which is affecting the speed of ethereum and it is really not a good thing they must have to find a way to solve this slow speed problem.
Desperaboss

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Some shitty digital kitties occupy eth network and slows it down. Vitalik is happy to have some kitties but he dosn´t do anything to fix this problem. Can´t wait for Ardor to replace ETH.

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:39:02 PM

Ethereum is so slow because of the stupid cryptokitten game. Which means that Ethereum is still unripe for mass adoption.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:57:02 PM

From the very beginning Ethereum grew on thousands percent. It couldn’t be so speedy everything. Especially when BTC make one record after another. Ethereum will continue to grow. This one of the most reliable currencies today.
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:59:39 PM

If you think Ethereum is slow, try Bitcoin, compare the speed, and make sure that Ethereum is much faster  Smiley
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:23:30 PM

Ethereum really needs to solve it's scalability issues. It has major spikes in transactions because of ICOs, and it's blockchain, with just 14 transactions per second, can't handle the high demand of ICO selling, or ehterdelta trades. The network could not hand Cryptokities, how will it handle the rest of it's apps. I like ethereum, it has a lot of potencial with both ICOs and dapps, but if it doesn't solve these problems it wont be able to fulfill it's purpose.
There are many updates on their roadmap, that should solve these problems, and some of them should be deployed soon, so I guess things will get a little better soon.
yenilmez86

Activity: 1256
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

I guess we have to get used to. I was try yesterday Bittrex to Mew and it's complete in 3 minutes than i check on etherscan my tx, after i saw Bittrex using 85 gwei for eth transfers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: