Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4706 times)
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

I think a lot of people switched from bitcoin to ethreum and use it for making payments,  because of bitcoin fee price, it not that valuable as btc, but better then paying from 10-30$ for payment
Not really, it is because cryptokitty game, read it here http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42237162
Neither bitcoin or ether are good and they need improvement ASAP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:41:31 PM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?
Crypto Kitties is the main reason why the network clogged. We use 50 gwei just to make the transaction fast. I think it's time to fork ethereum once again.
marriams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:48:00 PM

I cannot believe that you did not hear about the damn kitties. Transaction volume increased 4-5 times and the blockchain collapsed.
Zarbout

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

I had this problem many times lately, it's because of kittens. You have to increase your gas price to 50 or more to get your transaction mined.

btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:55:05 PM

Because of the recent Crypto Kitties game. Buying and selling virtual kittens on the main Ethereum blockchain. Literally just a virtual character on a website. Like collecting pokemon in Pokemon Go except that it runs on the ETH blockchain and the only way to add new kitten are to buy or gave birth to it. Both done on ETH chain and people somehow love it. That's why the network is clogged up, people are making transactions to sell, buy, and gave birth to new kittens LOL. Hilarious. What a way to force Ethereum dev to scale up their blockchain Tongue

https://www.cryptokitties.co/
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/people-have-spent-over-1m-buying-virtual-cats-on-the-ethereum-blockchain/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/viral-cat-game-responsible-for-huge-portion-of-ethereum-transactions
https://twitter.com/CryptoKitties/status/937444644740198400

I've been hearing that kitties for a couple of days and being
interested what was that all about,really is that the reason why ethereum
transaction for how many days are going slow?wondering what this could
effect the ether trading ,to think that ethereum speculation to make improvement
this coming year is loudy speaks as year end comes

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:55:31 PM

I am not sure where I saw it but I saw and read from a site that I should be using 6 gwei and I use to use much more for some reason I think I use to use the default amount. Since then it has worked just as quickly and I saved some eth. Maybe trey using 5 gwei and see how that goes. It should help.

Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:08:52 AM

Ethereum is really in trouble right now or there is something went wrong the system. Same scenarios of what I have experience in the past days until now. Maybe it is a good thing if there is a maintenance break to trace where is the problem and enhance the system since the transactions is now incredibly increasing. The system could never handled to much load that result from slowing the transactions confirmation.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:40:37 AM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?

This is the main concern about ETH nowadays, slow transactions. Have you heard about cryptokittens? Its a game run by ETH blockchain. There were reports that due to the volume of transactions from cryptokitties are clogging the network causing to slowdown other transactions and that is what youre currently experiecing right now. I dont know why a lot of people get hooked to it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:09:52 AM

I have transaction still waiting from yesterday due to cryptokitties. Not the first time ETH had this kind of congestion and wont be the last, I'm not worried.
If you are wondering about the stability of ETH as a protocol just remember there are massive amounts of ICOs and projects who depend on ERC-20 tokens, ETH's not going away anytime soon and will adapt to these changes.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:18:08 AM

I hope after yesterday we have a problem with cryptokittens, today we can send without any delay. yesterday, ethereum is already increased but its only temporary and after that, the price drops again and now almost reach the price before. I think ethereum will wait some other time to back increase because bitcoin price starts to increase again and already reach $16k for the highest price this time. but yes, yesterday the fee that we should use is increasing too and makes the transaction got delay too long.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:31:08 AM

It is because due to the number of transactuons that are bing congested that is why it is slow. I think it will be fixed soon and it wont be like this in the near future. ETH will do there troubleshooting to fix this so that it will run smoothly again.if you ever heard about cryptokitties, it is a game launched by eth blockchain that is one of the sources of slow transactions because of the amount of transactions being made.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:12:57 AM

I do not exactly know what is the main reason why ethereum are very slow. I think that the people are not that crazy to invest on ethereum that big just like bitcoins unlike bitcoins the people who are investing on them are very huge. Ethereum prices are just are on stable not growing up and not going down or either slowly growing up and slowly growing down. At least that they have some stable consumers that are holding their coins for a long term investment but i think that if more people are investing in this the value will also rise just like bitcoins and will pump as quickly as bitcoins
Hasan_MSH

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:06:21 AM

Yeah! I agree with you. I am also affected by same problem. It's solution is important to me as well. Sometimes i feel boring to trade on etherdelta exchange. So, it is request to organizer, please solve the problem as soon as possible. 
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:15:05 AM

this is what most of the ethereum users problem now.lots of issue
has been throw in this forum regarding ethereums sending and recieving i
don't know if the support of eth has doing action towards this matter and
i hope they are now.because this is a serious problem.this may affect their
coins in market circulation
PokerStein1

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:22:45 AM

Last days Etherem network is killing me. Transactions not happening couldnt find on blockchain , you need to pay too much too confirm transactions. I hope they can find a solution.

Ethereuming

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:40:41 AM

I still have problems with transactions... I sent 2 days ago ETH from novaexchange to myetherwallet but ETH are not confirmed yet.  Huh Angry Angry Angry
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:48:36 AM

last update for my friend...
gas gwei 45 for fast transaction.... if under that, i think your transaction will be pending or failed

CMIIW

-= OI =-
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:12:07 AM

the gas fee can be increased to speed up the operations. your wallet you have installed on your computer or your phone usually has a static gas fee, so are the limits.
Make your transfers through myetherwallet. gas fee 2100 to 3000 now. you can send it by paying a little more fee. If the kittens breathe out, they will return to their old times. If a dApp can make the network this way, who knows what happens in more than one popular application ...
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:12:46 AM

This makes me worried that one project can slow down the whole network so much, i hope they are looking for some longterm changes.

TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:34:25 AM

I think Vitalik and his team are working hard to change the principles of the work platform ethereum. This will be some other principle for speed. These changes are inevitable, but the Kittens only accelerated the process. It's time to fork ethereum once again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: