Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4706 times)
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:23:54 PM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?

Mostly of us,can experience this slowing transaction in ethereum this few months,even you change your gwei into  4 and you still wait until 20 minutes and sometimes your transaction is cancelled.all this things happen because of the hacking system in etherdelta,because until now they still repair there  defense system wall agains hacking capability thats why if they find out that there someone who done transaction to there platform  they rapidly cancelled,thats why ethereum transaction now in etherdelta is still slow, so why you just try to transacting to another platform sites like cryptopia or hitbtc,or use some accelerator to make fast your ethereum transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zhukovt34

Activity: 225

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

Ethereum transactions become so slowly as numerous ethereum ICOs are developing nowadays and use of Ethereum as smart contrats platform is in constant rise.

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:02:27 AM

With all the network congestion, there is no way eth should cost as much as it does.  It was proposed as the next gen crypto to solve so many problems, yet it has the same scaling issues as everything else.  It's snail slow now.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:54:03 AM

They need a redesign of the core protocol. This has been known since about day one but has been ignored. As long as price increases no Devs care if you can use it  or not.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:04:18 AM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?
Because of the rise in the price of ETH and the continued popularity of the ICO market, more and more people are using ETH, which leads to the congestion of the block.

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:13:26 AM

Unfortunately, in the last weeks, Ethereum and its network have been the target of attacks resulting in issues of the normal operation of the network and users are having trouble with transactions.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:16:01 AM

It'll take a couple years before 3rd gen blockchain coins emerge and overthrow eth.

Meanwhile, i'll sit here for half a day waiting for my ethers to process..
Alaira

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

What do you mean slow.? The price.? I think it is normal because ethereum is a big coin and if the price ups and downs easily, it shows the coin is not good (unstable). And then if you have a ethereum as your investment, dont expect the price will changes every single day, it is a long term investment

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:34:12 PM

Does anyone here think that exchanges slow down transaction times on purpose so they could manipulate your funds in the meantime?

Yes, scammy exchanges have been doing it since day 1, Craptsy was a great example when they held Doge when it skyrocketed and then dumped your coins then bought them back when it tanked and gave you those coins a few days to a week later. Trying to arb is impossible on a scammy exchange.

In some threads here people discuss the possibility of Ethereum will overcome Bitcoin price. If it will happen in 2018 it will be a big surprise. Of course Bitcoin will survive. But what will be the price? Let’s watch on what’s going on.
xDsoGood

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Because of the demand and supply of ETH. ETH has low demand and many supply, unlike in bitcoin many people were striving to get some bitcoin because the supply of bitcoin is limited only.
cris17

Activity: 640

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

Oh, it's driving me crazy sometimes! I hate waiting for my coins to go from one wallet to another. The developers of ETH must do something to make the coin convenient to use again.
there are too many transactions on eth, a lot of ICO are running on ETH smart contracts, also crypto kittens made a mess before. I hope soon transactions will be again fast.
VestRidCr

Activity: 392

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

Oh, it's driving me crazy sometimes! I hate waiting for my coins to go from one wallet to another. The developers of ETH must do something to make the coin convenient to use again.
there are too many transactions on eth, a lot of ICO are running on ETH smart contracts, also crypto kittens made a mess before. I hope soon transactions will be again fast.
Transactions on the ethereum and now very fast, they are just expensive. By the cost of transactions, the ethereum is already catching up with Bitcoin. This is abnormal, and I hope this will change.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:08:12 PM

If you can remember once bitcoin network was also much faster and didn't take so long for transactions to be confirmed. But back then bitcoin didn't have so many users and the network wasn't so busy.
Is Ethereum now coming into same phase? That the network isn't prepared for such heavy traffic?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

D1n4R

Activity: 168

Honesty is the best policy

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:11:20 PM

transactions  can also increase at a higher cost because in some cases usually when using high cost then the transfer will be faster.
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:14:58 PM

It will become slower and slower as soon as more silly games like the kryptokitties will appear and congest it. It may even become unusable like Bitcoin as some point...
Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:45:33 PM

I think it is slow, because of many ERC20 tokens. I think that they should do something to make transactions with ethreum faster. Otherwise, Ethereum transactions will be like BTC ones are, slow and expensive

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:53:04 PM

In which manner u asking about in the price of Etherium or the transactions rate. However, if u ask about the price of Etherium then it is normal because it is a big value coin and not every one to invest in it.
On the other hand if u ask about the transactions then last week hackers attack on there network and also too many ICOs are developing there systems on Etherium platform, are cause of delay or slow the transaction rate. To over come from all this the Etherium team repair all these wholes and creates more secure & reliable system for there customers.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:15:17 PM

so many transactions based on the ether now that it technically can not be fast. the team is working and trying to find solutions that will reduce the cost and speed up the transfers.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

Hopefully this high transaction fees and the slow network speed will be over soon. I can see that this will hurt Ethereum badly in the long run as people who want to use the network on a daily basis realize that its not working anymore as it did. So they might turn away from it. Hopefully the Ethereum devs will finds a solution for this issues.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:13:45 PM

butterin and his team must do something against high fees and low transactions.

ethereum is turning to bitcoin with smart contracts. it's very bad in the long run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: