Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:54:34 PM

I'll take 16 K1s complete with all chips except ASICs as soon as you can provide them.

What is the price?

Ok my bad everyone. To be clear this is a straight buy K1 Nano with chips.

If you want just K1 boards WITHOUT AVALON CHIPS go here to this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252113.0

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:05:27 PM

Ok thanks,

I'd like 16 WITH the ASICs but you probably are on a much longer time schedule for those.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:07:45 PM

Ok thanks,

I'd like 16 WITH the ASICs but you probably are on a much longer time schedule for those.

We may have some in July at the same time as the K1 boards. Depending on:

1. Avalon Chips
2. Customs
3. BKKCoins prototyping schedule
4. Luck
5. More Luck.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
joeventura

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:21:05 PM

Ok then perhaps I will take 16 of those if you can provide
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:22:14 PM

Ok then perhaps I will take 16 of those if you can provide

Roger. Smiley

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:40:24 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 07:53:04 AM by Bicknellski

Tomorrow is Friday and the site is almost ready.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:45:29 AM

Please note prices will be posted up on the website later tomorrow with a payment gateway.

Code:
Tentative Pricing Matrix K1 NANOs - (Check Site Tomorrow For Final Prices)

1 - 9 Units 0.99 BTC
10 - 49 Units 0.89 BTC
50+ Units 0.79 BTC

Based on Mt Gox prices at $86 / BTC.

500+ Larger Group Orders ask for pricing and shipping dates.

We are pricing so that more people will trend towards group buys or bulk just so it makes our shipping easier. Comments are welcome.

Note that we will be using USD to set the BTC price for each unit.

$85/K1s for 1 - 9 units
$75/K1s for 10 - 49 units
$65/K1s for 50+ units

Any orders larger than 500+ will need to contact us as we have variable shipping of Avalon chips so we can not guarantee availability for larger orders. We welcome group buys but remember we have production running from July to September for these K1s so may have situations where we are restocking if sales are brisk.

joeventura

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:23:18 PM

Please note prices will be posted up on the website later tomorrow with a payment gateway.

Code:
Tentative Pricing Matrix K1 NANOs - (Check Site Tomorrow For Final Prices)

1 - 9 Units 0.99 BTC
10 - 49 Units 0.89 BTC
50+ Units 0.79 BTC

Based on Mt Gox prices at $86 / BTC.

500+ Larger Group Orders ask for pricing and shipping dates.

We are pricing so that more people will trend towards group buys or bulk just so it makes our shipping easier. Comments are welcome.

Note that we will be using USD to set the BTC price for each unit.

$85/K1s for 1 - 9 units
$75/K1s for 10 - 49 units
$65/K1s for 50+ units

Any orders larger than 500+ will need to contact us as we have variable shipping of Avalon chips so we can not guarantee availability for larger orders. We welcome group buys but remember we have production running from July to September for these K1s so may have situations where we are restocking if sales are brisk.

What is the pricing if I provide the ASIC?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:32:26 PM

Can't do that as I stated before. We do not have the time as the logistics would be a problem. You can either buy the full K1 or check out the group buy for K1 boards and make them yourself. Check the DIY thread here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227186.0

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:45:50 PM

any idea when K1's will be ready to ship?

If waiting on Avalon chips, when are you expecting them approximately?
And how long after chips arrive will K1's be ready to ship?

Thanks
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:53:31 PM

any idea when K1's will be ready to ship?

If waiting on Avalon chips, when are you expecting them approximately?
And how long after chips arrive will K1's be ready to ship?

Thanks

We should have k1's ready to ship in 3-4 weeks depending on when bkk completes the k1 design and when the chips arrive.

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:58:42 AM

We are currently working on the shipping / payment gateway today. I suspect this will be ready today or tomorrow.

pthnmj

Activity: 683

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:57:38 AM

What will you be approxmiately assuming size wise of these Nanos?

USB Drive - Powercable on a small unit or a big rig?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:15:23 AM

They will be USB sized

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:45:55 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:11:52 PM by Bicknellski

50 mm x 25 mm are the square dimensions.

Note: If the K1 is cut from inside two other boards then the board width could be 24mm according to BKKCoins.

CHECK FOR CORRECT LENGTH FOR HEAT SINK (36mm x 25mm x 10mm)

You plug these K1 Nanos into a USB port or hub.

We are currently sourcing hubs, raspberry pi's, sd cards. We will post more information as soon as we have fully tested our burn hubs. Potentially we want to be able to burn in a large number of K1s at a time so we will definitely have a robust hub that can handle a 24 hour burn in.

The heat sinks, which are attached with an adhesive heat sink pad material at the end of fabrication, is 10 mm high on top of the board height. So be aware of that for spacing on hubs. We want to make sure the heat sink is sufficient for our users for potential over clocking beyond 282 Mh/s. Given the test so far BKKCoins has had stability with air cooling and fan at 341 Mh/s per chip. We are confident that he will push the design further.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:38:29 AM

Updated Parts List for K1Nano.

As we are sourcing parts from outside Indonesia and brought in our prices for parts are higher and our fabrication is in Batam for the boards.

Original parts file on github: https://github.com/bkkcoins/klondike/blob/master/docs/K1%20Parts%20List.ods?raw=true

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:00:56 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:52:19 PM by Bicknellski

Yes my error everyone. The entire length is 50 mm. I will have revise my picture. Thanks roybitcoin for pointing out my error. The guys doing the buying of the heat sinks have the right measurements I on the other hand was a tad sloppy there.

Given that a typical USB plug is 14 mm I will assume that the board for the K1 is 39 36 mm. To check this someone can verify on the Github files for the K1.

https://github.com/bkkcoins/klondike/tree/master/kicad

Almost. I just measured a board here. Your 39mm is 36mm. The 25 is ok but when cut from a panel of 2 or 4 would probably be 24mm, depending on cutter blade loss. So that is determined by how you assemble them. Most PnP shops will want to put lots of those in one big panel because they're just too small to do one by one. - BKKCoins

roybitcoin

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Bicknellski on: Today at 22:31:26 »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

I measured 35.88mm from the gerbers files.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:08:29 AM

Oh the tension... so.... so... sooooooooooo close guys. Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196281.msg2717626#msg2717626

Pentel Asks:

Any update on the Klondike K1 Nano USB Bitcoin Miner's?

BKK Responds:

I expect to complete a final revision of the board in a couple days, and then order a batch for final testing. The K16 has been verified and this is based on that, uses same firmware and cgminer driver, which are working, though quite basic still. Once boards are ordered I'll have time to polish the code and get a bootloader added (which allows upgrading via USB).

For anyone planning to use the board design for their own project / products, note that I will be changing it to the QFN version of the PIC and the parts list will have some changes.

The K16 has been running quite well for me in testing. The HW error rate is still a bit high and I think some board changes planned will help with that.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:14:25 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg2720178#msg2720178

I haven't seen it happen again after changing the USB cable to the high quality one from my Canon camera that has a ferrite core near the board connector.

I've wired in the inverters now. The signal has very sharp/fast rise times now and it's easy to see the clock delay is 50nS. I tested it manually in ktest and got all GOOD nonces up to 420 MHz doing repeat work filling the queue . At 430 MHz they came back BAD.

Unfortunately on cgminer the error rate hasn't improved. I haven't run that long yet but I'm seeing 3% - 5% error rates. I believe this is now related to noise on the PLL and instability. It can go quite a long time with no errors, and just when I think Ok, it's down to 1% now, but then a bunch pop up and it's back to 3%.

I'm moving onto final board revisions now. Hope to have a new K16 release later today and k1 tomorrow sometime.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:24:24 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 02:12:52 PM by Bicknellski

Just teasing out the last little problems with the website everyone. We should be ready with it Monday at the latest. Note there is a group buy available to get those lower prices right now with Beastlymac. Tentative shipping prices are posted there as well. As we are doing BTC only our shipping prices will be estimated and before delivery we will confirm based on exchange rate as we have to pay in fiat for shipping.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254358.0

Indonesian community members there is also a group buy here:

This is the link to the Indonesian group buy organized at Kaskus (Indonesian Nation-wide Forum)

---------------------

Ini adalah link ke buy kelompok Indonesia diselenggarakan di Kaskus

http://www.kaskus.co.id/post/51df0bde5a2acf1d7f000005

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: