Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:35:13 AM

HW errors are not included(noncerate vs hashrate). The reject rate hovers around .03% on bitminter so I doubt it's much of a factor either. Hashrate gyrates between 4900ish and 5400ish according to bitminter with 138 cards, a little over half of which are modded(voltage & aluminum). BtcGuild seems to be spitting out very similar numbers now, though the cards initially had stability trouble there. I dunno if a proxy update patched up the trouble or what, but they work fine on BtcGuild now.

Listen, I'm not looking to be the bitfury spokesperson, I think the gear is horribly overpriced at this point. They should at least come with heatsinks at these prices, but they are fun to tinker with and you can finesse a decent hashrate from them with some patience. Well lots of patience. It's not a very polished product to be sure.

Love cgminer btw, so thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:40:25 AM

Is cgminer now working with the newer H cards? If so I would switch in a second, 0 failover sucks so bad.
solarion

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:49:13 AM

Load balance works fine on chainminer. I haven't checked the cpu load on the wimpy raspies since adding more pools, but they seem to be holding up fine with a modest overclock. Bitminter has been going down recently and the idle hashes were sent to the other two pools like clockwork. 
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:48:02 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0

Even at 40ghs per board...... 215ghs avalon gen 2 for 1.10btc.....   200ghs antminer 1.4btc

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:12:14 AM

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.
MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.
All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy. 
If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:16:00 AM

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.

MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.

All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy.  

If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.

All valid points. Which opens up the market to new players.

Are the 55nm chips coming back to your site for sale Buzzdave?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:31:24 AM

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.
MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.
All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy. 
If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.

good points, but it doesnt make your product any more attractive then an antminer S1. I just know that when I am buying my next 1+TH of equipment it will be from them, because the product does the same thing but at a lower cost.

MBP deserves a premium for their payment options and FedEx delivery speeds, but not what it is now. A ~35GH card costs 0.5BTC - thats a price more than twice that of Bitmain.

However, its your store and clearly the current sales numbers are sufficient. If thats the case, then by all means continue making money - just remember that you could get many more sales at a lower price-point

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
solarion

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:37:55 AM

Are you able to price products in BTC Dave? Your service is light years ahead of the competition. You guys say you're shipping and the fedex dood is knocking on the door next day Shocked, but the current exchange rate makes your products tough to take. H cards were right around .42BTC last time I bought, but they're now around .53BTC with higher difficulty. It's a bummer.  
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:39:00 AM

Which is a real shame. You have a fine product. It's not "legacy" by any means. The only problem is the price. Since you can't meet the going $5/gh rate, we'll look forward to the next gen. Hopefully that will bring you back into a competitive price range.

Buy & Hold
xzempt

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:42:15 AM

im glad you ship....  but bitmain ships,  avalons are shipping,   no one has asked for matching cointerra $3 per ghs,   a little help on prices to be more competitive with ant miner or avalon is all the community has requested....
xzempt

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:48:03 AM

Discount on future order for paying over market prices today?   There are lots of promos and things that you could do to show appreciation to the customers that have stood behind you.   Hoping that $5 million.dollar sale didnt make you think the little guys are no longer important....
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:49:49 AM

didnt make you think the little guys are no longer important....

Unfortunately that is exactly what he is saying.  Retail support and sales is a pain in the ass that they will only deal with for a price.  Choose to pay it or not, they don't care, and they shouldn't.  That is how business works. If it reaches a point when they need the money they may lower price but who knows.

I however don't understand the comparison of preorder, no one here had mentioned anything about being cost competitive with something that cannot ship right now.  And although some where whining I would hope that most are just inquiring of their intent, in order to make current purchase decisions.
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:53:44 AM

Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital,

We are investors. Now they move on to bigger things.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

Ive been having trouble with my bitfury staying connected to the pool during the last 2 days - it is constantly dropping to zero hashrate from anything from a few minutes to a few hours. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17ztqVKWEg1j25D3AoX87W66rYJApasPLK

the interface for the miner says it is stable and never reflects issues. It seems to work again if i click 'start miner' but that isnt solving the constant ups and downs

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

Ive been having trouble with my bitfury staying connected to the pool during the last 2 days - it is constantly dropping to zero hashrate from anything from a few minutes to a few hours. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17ztqVKWEg1j25D3AoX87W66rYJApasPLK

the interface for the miner says it is stable and never reflects issues. It seems to work again if i click 'start miner' but that isnt solving the constant ups and downs

Ha, welcome to my problem all along..,  I so far only have been running stable on BitMinter. Al other pools I've tried it runs for a few hours then pool reports it's at ~3GH/s (from 350gh/s)
Have not been able to resolve it either.., even with auto restart of proxy and miner timers.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

Ha, welcome to my problem all along..,  I so far only have been running stable on BitMinter. Al other pools I've tried it runs for a few hours then pool reports it's at ~3GH/s (from 350gh/s)
Have not been able to resolve it either.., even with auto restart of proxy and miner timers.

Eligius has an issue with Bitfurys chminer. Went into the IRC channel and they acknowledged the speed flux issue, and have no workarounds or fixes. 

I pointed a rig there and wasn't getting good speeds.  Even tried to set the cron to reset every 10 minutes but that didn't fix it. 
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:43:03 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 09:46:29 PM by klondike_bar

Ha, welcome to my problem all along..,  I so far only have been running stable on BitMinter. Al other pools I've tried it runs for a few hours then pool reports it's at ~3GH/s (from 350gh/s)

Eligius has an issue with Bitfurys chminer. Went into the IRC channel and they acknowledged the speed flux issue, and have no workarounds or fixes.  

I pointed a rig there and wasn't getting good speeds.  Even tried to set the cron to reset every 10 minutes but that didn't fix it.  

Ive had weeks of stable operation though, with maybe tiny blips here and there. today though, the machine is only getting about 50% uptime compared to its usual 256GH average for 12hrs I am getting ~123GH averages for the time period.

I need to resolve this asap or it will be back to ghash.io

EDIT: NOW I AM REALLY CONFUSED.

I changed my pool config data to disable eligius and enable only ghash. Its been almost 8 minutes and the bitfury webUI shows hashing at 240GH and the modified pool info, but theres absolutely no activity on my ghash account OR my eligius account. Somehow chainminer seems to be hashing without a set desination

EDIT 2: LOOKS LIKE I NEEDED TO STOP AND START MINER

hashrate now showing at ghash.io - if there is still any issues I will report back. Its unfortunate that it was acting so poorly on eligius

Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:48:44 PM

Use thier Kncminer port, its 12234 I think, it starts at a higher difficulty. I have run my miners on it the last 4 days and its been stable.

I would verify that port but the eligius main site is down for me.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:53:44 AM

This gear does NOT work well or at all with Eligius because Eligius uses some dynamic difficulty algorithm that clearly sets the difficulty TOO LOW and this overloads the bitfury's work queue and thus hashrate drops. As a result of this I am forced to use btcguild which allows me to set a minimum difficulty that is actually proper for the miner's given hashrate.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

Use thier Kncminer port, its 12234 I think, it starts at a higher difficulty. I have run my miners on it the last 4 days and its been stable.

I would verify that port but the eligius main site is down for me.

Hmm, you know I was thinking of doing that myself but never got around to it thinking that the their dedicated kncminer port would not start with a higher diff but do some other magic. I shall try that out with one of my bitfury rigs and see how stable it is. Thanks for the tip! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: