Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:26:38 AM

Exactly.  That is why we are waiting for the next-gen rigs.

Let the previous customers have them at a discount price so we can fill the rigs, ones that can verify they ordered m-boards and such.

Woo Go Megabigfury and all that Jazz.

Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:59:44 AM

Exactly.  That is why we are waiting for the next-gen rigs.

Let the previous customers have them at a discount price so we can fill the rigs, ones that can verify they ordered m-boards and such.

Woo Go Megabigfury and all that Jazz.

Smiley

This. I have a half-filled september m-board, and i have been buying antminers for the last several months because bitfury boards were outrageously priced so the board goes un-filled

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:22:05 AM

Didn't you all know..  IF you can not make a 5 million dollar purchase, "Buzzman" has no love for ya. Stopped buying Bitfurys and started buying antMiners 3 months ago. SOOO happy I got in on the S2's (AKA Bitfury killer). As for the bitfury's, they have been delegated to the test lab for now and soon the rifle range. CEX.IO has 2 Petahash worth of "futures" going for less then $5/GH not likely Megabigplower will ever have anything to offer miners. Lucky for him noobies like Merlin are born everyday, how's that 5 million in Bitfury gear treating ya?
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:00:47 PM

Didn't you all know..  IF you can not make a 5 million dollar purchase, "Buzzman" has no love for ya. Stopped buying Bitfurys and started buying antMiners 3 months ago. SOOO happy I got in on the S2's (AKA Bitfury killer). As for the bitfury's, they have been delegated to the test lab for now and soon the rifle range. CEX.IO has 2 Petahash worth of "futures" going for less then $5/GH not likely Megabigplower will ever have anything to offer miners. Lucky for him noobies like Merlin are born everyday, how's that 5 million in Bitfury gear treating ya?

All of these giants buying all of the hardware and mfg making huge mines is not exacly in their own interest.  Bitcoin has a future, but until it is established it is on ice.  The reason many people get into it now is because of profit, either mining or trading, don't get me wrong, I said most.  As a few gain control and hardware never profits then bitcoin will be forgotten.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:08:19 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 08:18:31 PM by AussieHash

Amateur hour is over

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/meet-the-manic-miner-who-wants-to-mint-10-of-all-new-bitcoins/

At any given time, Carlson's goal is to account for seven to 10 percent of the entire world's Bitcoin mining as measured by processing or hashing power
The first rigs were delivered in July 2013 after about a year of planning, board design, and manufacturing (more technical detail is available here). Carlson's team achieved its first "petahash" of mining power—a thousand trillion or quadrillion hashing calculations per second—in January. It's up to about 2.2 petahash now across two facilities in Washington state and a third in Poland.
Toward that end, he's soon opening a third facility in Washington and rolling out a new rig design. The current rigs each contain 16 boards, with each board containing 16 BitFury chips, for a total of 256 mining chips on each rig. Carlson said about 90,000 processor boards have been deployed, which would put the number of rigs at about 5,600.

A new board MegaBigPower is designing will have 756 chips on each rig instead of 256.

Right now, MegaBigPower can mine 7,000 to 8,000 bitcoins per month, he said. Bitcoin to dollar exchange rates go up and down all the time, but at a price of $585 per bitcoin, that's $4.1 million to $4.7 million. When Bitcoin prices topped $1,000 in January, the monthly yields were worth up to $8 million.

Part of Carlson's business has been selling mining boards online. He's still doing big shipments—including a $5 million deal with Bitcoin investment fund CoinSeed—but he's pulling back from online sales.
"I figure I spent about $1 million building the existing facility and racking and deployment of the mining hardware, and then we probably spent in the range of $2 million to $3 million on the hardware itself," he said. Rent is another $8,000 a month, power $40,000 a month. "I think we spent probably $3 to $5 million dollars total on the operation. It's paid itself off [in bitcoins] many times over already."

While Carlson may run the biggest Bitcoin mining operation in North America, he's "fairly certain" that the creator of the UK-based BitFury is operating at a larger scale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2182nb/kncminers_ceo_sam_cole_dumping_bitcoins_worth/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u4QXM1KbI78/Uy_4gW2YIcI/AAAAAAAAL0k/cgXuC9hS308/s1600/0.table2.24032014.png

http://thenodepole.com/2014/02/06/knc-miner-to-build-10-mw-datacenter-in-the-node-pole/

We make three million swedish crones (466,000USD) everyday from mining Bitcoins and selling, says Sam Cole, CEO KNCminer.

KnC already owns 10.93% of the network hashrate
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

Amateur hour is over

Thanks AussieHash. It's pretty clear now who owns 1HTM4TYSXF5yZKLpco6MTUUNfSBCiiwGsU .

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:40:52 AM

:/
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:07:21 AM

Lol, I remember when Dave was running customer support for Tom/BitcoinAsic.  If I'm not mistaken, he was volunteering his time to help dig Tom out of his hopeless mess.  He even helped me get my refund.  Smiley

You've come a long way Dave!

Btw, has anyone heard what Tom is up to these days?  I bet he wished he hadn't imploded so violently.  He could have been at the top and Dave might have been just an employee instead of a BTC mogul.
xzempt

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:17:37 AM

Lol, I remember when Dave was running customer support for Tom/BitcoinAsic.  If I'm not mistaken, he was volunteering his time to help dig Tom out of his hopeless mess.  He even helped me get my refund.  Smiley

Btw, has anyone heard what Tom is up to these days?  I bet he wished he hadn't imploded so violently.  He could have been at the top and Dave might have been just an employee instead of a BTC mogul.

dont get me wrong i have no hate for Dave... he should be very proud of what he has built so far....   just disappointed at a refusal to price in line with other manufacturers...  the community helped finance his operation,  and now he has made it,   just feels like he is giving us a big F U since our money isnt needed any longer to keep them going.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:35:16 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 04:12:30 AM by xstr8guy

Lol, I remember when Dave was running customer support for Tom/BitcoinAsic.  If I'm not mistaken, he was volunteering his time to help dig Tom out of his hopeless mess.  He even helped me get my refund.  Smiley

Btw, has anyone heard what Tom is up to these days?  I bet he wished he hadn't imploded so violently.  He could have been at the top and Dave might have been just an employee instead of a BTC mogul.

dont get me wrong i have no hate for Dave... he should be very proud of what he has built so far....   just disappointed at a refusal to price in line with other manufacturers...  the community helped finance his operation,  and now he has made it,   just feels like he is giving us a big F U since our money isnt needed any longer to keep them going.

Individual sales were never MBP's priority.  He had his big-time buyers/investors.  Dave just let us piggyback onto the hardware sales.  This was known from the very beginning and shouldn't be a big surprise.  Besides, there are many other miners to chose from now.

I'm personally running over 1.5THs of Bitfury boards and love my fickle little buggers.  But I'm much more pleased running my KNC and BitMain machines.  I don't have to worry about wiggling and swapping boards and constantly restarting.  What you don't see in the video of Dave's datacenter is the army of interns running about wiggling boards and writing new SD cards, lol.  Oh, and running to the store for new supplies of crappy rPi's.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:36:59 AM

lol - Tom and bASIC... what a mess that was.. glad I was able to get out of that one alive.. Dave did help a lot of people out on that one..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
xzempt

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:00:27 AM

Lol, I remember when Dave was running customer support for Tom/BitcoinAsic.  If I'm not mistaken, he was volunteering his time to help dig Tom out of his hopeless mess.  He even helped me get my refund.  Smiley

Btw, has anyone heard what Tom is up to these days?  I bet he wished he hadn't imploded so violently.  He could have been at the top and Dave might have been just an employee instead of a BTC mogul.

dont get me wrong i have no hate for Dave... he should be very proud of what he has built so far....   just disappointed at a refusal to price in line with other manufacturers...  the community helped finance his operation,  and now he has made it,   just feels like he is giving us a big F U since our money isnt needed any longer to keep them going.

Individual sales were never MGP's priority.  He had his big-time buyers/investors.  Dave just let us piggyback onto the hardware sales.  This was known from the very beginning and shouldn't be a big surprise.  Besides, there are many other miners to chose from now.

I'm personally running over 1.5THs of Bitfury boards and love my fickle little buggers.  But I'm much more pleased running my KNC and BitMain machines.  I don't have to worry about wiggling and swapping boards and constantly restarting.  What you don't see in the video of Dave's datacenter is the army of interns running about wiggling boards and writing new SD cards, lol.  Oh, and running to the store for new supplies of crappy rPi's.

if you use a good sd card, and shutdown the rpi properly you shouldnt have any issues....   my bitfury equip has been running non stop since january,  once it was set up, ive never had to touch it,  other that log in via pc and change pools.... 
btljuice

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:27:36 AM

if you use a good sd card, and shutdown the rpi properly you shouldnt have any issues....   my bitfury equip has been running non stop since january,  once it was set up, ive never had to touch it,  other that log in via pc and change pools.... 

I second that. I have a V3 m-board and V2.2 h-cards. I just keep some fans on them, make sure the cards don't wobble and they're good to go. I just wish the stratum proxy worked as failover (if primary pool fails, go to backup, so on), instead of splitting work.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:57:26 AM

True enough about the sd cards, sandisk + proper shutdown and they never seem to corrupt. I've yet to have one flake out on 12 rigs. The wobble thing is a very fair criticism though. Never should've been set up with that silly connector.

I just wish the stratum proxy worked as failover (if primary pool fails, go to backup, so on), instead of splitting work.

Just chuck chainminer and that proxy and run cgminer.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:15:55 AM

Individual sales were never MGP's priority.  He had his big-time buyers/investors.  Dave just let us piggyback onto the hardware sales.  This was known from the very beginning and shouldn't be a big surprise.  Besides, there are many other miners to chose from now.

I'm personally running over 1.5THs of Bitfury boards and love my fickle little buggers.  But I'm much more pleased running my KNC and BitMain machines.  I don't have to worry about wiggling and swapping boards and constantly restarting.  What you don't see in the video of Dave's datacenter is the army of interns running about wiggling boards and writing new SD cards, lol.  Oh, and running to the store for new supplies of crappy rPi's.

I haven't had many SD card issues since I learned to shutdown properly.  But occasionally I'll lose the ability to connect to a rig via SSH or the web interface and have to do a hard shutdown.  I've scrambled a few SD cards that way.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

Yeah, too bad he isn't selling anymore. I actually like my MBP rigs even though they take a long time to tune and require third party cases to properly secure and stabilize the cards. You can build them nice and quiet, unlike the other noisy offerings that need 2000+ RPM fans to operate.

I plan to keep mine running until 25 billion difficulty and beyond.
btljuice

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:11:31 PM

True enough about the sd cards, sandisk + proper shutdown and they never seem to corrupt. I've yet to have one flake out on 12 rigs. The wobble thing is a very fair criticism though. Never should've been set up with that silly connector.

I just wish the stratum proxy worked as failover (if primary pool fails, go to backup, so on), instead of splitting work.

Can anyone confirm cgminer working with V2.2 H-cards? I followed instructions found elsewhere in the forum, compiled from a certain github repo (can't find link right now) with --enable-bab and running cgminer did not hash, just gave spi errors. If I could get cgminer going for my V3 m/V2.2 H rig, I'd be very very happy   Smiley
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

I second that. I have a V3 m-board and V2.2 h-cards. I just keep some fans on them, make sure the cards don't wobble and they're good to go. I just wish the stratum proxy worked as failover (if primary pool fails, go to backup, so on), instead of splitting work.

I previously griped a dozen times because the machine would always orrupt SD cards and actually managed to turn two cards un-usable. (even when trying to format under a linux OS)

I upgraded to a Class 10, 16GB card and no more issues. I can unplug the machine hot, reboot it safely, no issues for a month or two now.  Definitely an issue with using low-end SD cards.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:48:47 PM

Can anyone confirm cgminer working with V2.2 H-cards? I followed instructions found elsewhere in the forum, compiled from a certain github repo (can't find link right now) with --enable-bab and running cgminer did not hash, just gave spi errors. If I could get cgminer going for my V3 m/V2.2 H rig, I'd be very very happy   Smiley

Bfgminer has excellent support that I can confirm works. Compile it on the Pi.

Have to add some modprobes to boot config then just sudo ./bfgminer -S bfsb:auto

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:19:42 AM

Can anyone confirm cgminer working with V2.2 H-cards? I followed instructions found elsewhere in the forum, compiled from a certain github repo (can't find link right now) with --enable-bab and running cgminer did not hash, just gave spi errors. If I could get cgminer going for my V3 m/V2.2 H rig, I'd be very very happy   Smiley

All of my hcards are v2 and running cgminer. Just nano driver-bab.c and change this:

#define BAB_SPI_SPEED 96000

to this:

#define BAB_SPI_SPEED 625000

run make again and you're gold.

These options can be passed to cgminer on startup:

--bab-options <arg> Set BaB options max:def:min:up:down:hz:delay:trf

As mentioned above bfgminer also works with --enable-bfsb, but cgminer autotunes bitfury, uses far less of the rpi's weak cpu, and runs much better imo.
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: