Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge Television Ad for Bitcoin on All the Major Networks  (Read 13308 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:54:02 AM

We are working on a Bitcoin TV ad.....  to be broadcast on ALL the major television networks within the USA.

This television commercial will be advertising the basic benefits, for both consumers and merchants, of using bitcoins.

If you're interested in helping out in any aspect of this project, please send me an email or call me.

Bitcoin TV Ad Donation Address:    19ChNLmVHAcUDXUQ7grtUvWSBL9DwUwdU3

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:55:15 AM

Go on...
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 01:55:29 AM

Do you have any screenplay to reveal or is that under wraps?

Regardless, thank you. I will donate a Bit or two when I have the chance.

Go on...

This.
pokwer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:57:49 AM

Cool

Remember this: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html

Smiley
lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:58:51 AM

I hope your ad production skills are greater than your web video skills.
alkhdaniel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:01:16 AM

Wasn't there some other thread about a television ad?

Anyway, more information would be nice and what donations actually can help out with would be nice.
If this has any connection with the other thread (that i think i have seen?) a link to that one in the original post might also be helpful.

[edit]
And also if there is any other way but donations to help the project.
AtlasONo

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:02:44 AM

Try not to make it look like some wacko fear mongering/anti government or cash for gold nonsense. IE: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24506.0

Good luck I hope you know what you're doing and who your audience is.
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 02:04:07 AM

Try not to make it look like some wacko fear mongering/anti government....
Hahaha. Well, that one is already funded and is being created as we speak.
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:05:28 AM

No no... It's not a show...  No screenplay.

Just a little TV commercial.   I expect it to be the normal 30 to 60 second commercial.

Because it will be very brief, it will only cover the most basic concepts --- the most important features and benefits.

In order to get placement on ALL of the networks.....  at off hours....  ( unsold inventory slots )....  at super-discounted rates.... It will need to actually sell a product.

Most likely that product will be an ebook about Bitcoin...  sold and shipped on a CD-ROM...   essentially sold at a price that only covers the cost of duplication and shipping.

( Selling a product is the only way to get such super discounted rates. )

We're working with real professionals in mainstream television commercial production....  In fact, this whole idea was theirs.

I think that it could be a great opportunity to get the word out to the masses...

I'll keep you informed of how if goes.
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 02:06:43 AM

No no... It's not a show...  No screenplay.

Just a little TV commercial.   I expect it to be the normal 30 to 60 second commercial.

Because it will be very brief, it will only cover the most basic concepts --- the most important features and benefits.

In order to get placement on ALL of the networks.....  at off hours....  ( unsold inventory slots )....  at super-discounted rates.... It will need to actually sell a product.

Most likely that product will be an ebook about Bitcoin...  sold and shipped on a CD-ROM...   essentially sold at a price that only covers the cost of duplication and shipping.

( Selling a product is the only way to get such super discounted rates. )

We're working with real professionals in mainstream television commercial production....  In fact, this whole idea was theirs.

I think that it could be a great opportunity to get the word out to the masses...

I'll keep you informed of how if goes.

Excellent. This is great. : ) Again, thank you.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:07:48 AM

run it on GBTV.com

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 02:09:47 AM

run it on GBTV.com

Are you trying to insult him? Haha.
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:11:09 AM

A bitcoin infomercial idea that was thought up by tv producers that are mainstream...........color me not interested. Having a bitcoin infomercial that airs late at night will more than likely make it look like a joke. Let's think about who watches tv at 3am........
AtlasONo

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:11:59 AM

Selling an ebook on late night tv? Seems like it will come off looking a whole lot like a scam to me. :\

Better have it link to a really professional looking website with cross links to articles by major news organizations.
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 02:12:07 AM

Seems a little bit suspicious if you ask me. But that's just me, and I'm a total crack-pot.  Wink

Selling an ebook on late night tv? Seems like it will come off looking a whole lot like a scam to me. :\
I was thinking the exact same thing.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:14:31 AM

I hope your ad production skills are greater than your web video skills.

Come on now the last few shows, the sound was great.  Before that it was pretty horrible but what do you expect.  My local tv public tv station stil cant get it right after like 20 years. lol
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:15:06 AM

Everyone watches TV at 3am...... sooner or later.

The script will be written by me ( and by you - I plan to have you all review it before it airs ).

They will produce it.   They have won many awards for producing some of the most famous television commercials... you know and certainly would recognize.

The networks I'm talking about are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_over-the-air_television_networks#Table_of_broadcast_television_networks

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cable_and_satellite_television_networks#Documentaries.2FEducational

Selling an ebook on a CD for like $4.95.... or $8.95...  is just a way to get it on the air.   It's not the point.   The book will be clearly an EDUCATIONAL book.   And clearly no profit motive there.

And, yes, my plan is to have it route viewers to an educational web site for more information.

The POINT here is:   Millions of Viewers will Be Exposed to the word Bitcoin

Think about that.
done

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:16:39 AM

Great news. Excited to see the completed work.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 02:26:00 AM

I think that without a serious improvement to the client and usability, attracting "normals" to Bitcoin in droves is a recipe for a flop.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:32:49 AM

I think that without a serious improvement to the client and usability, attracting "normals" to Bitcoin in droves is a recipe for a flop.

This.  Not only do I think it's too early for this kind of promotion, honestly, it makes bitcoin look like a scam.  I don't see why we need to be in such a hurry.  A few months, even years, for infrastructure build-up would go a long way for the staying power of bitcoin.  This screams pump and dump.  Sorry, Bruce.

I'm sure you're still going to go for it anyway, so please, please make this look professional.  No promises of big returns.  No "you can be an early investor" stuff.  Advertise the fundamentals; the real lasting benefits of this sort of monetary system.  Please don't make this about quick, easy money (i.e. quick increases in purchasing power).  Ultimately, that's not what bitcoin is about.

Please focus on this stuff:

Distributed
No intermediary
International
Low Friction

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: