Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge Television Ad for Bitcoin on All the Major Networks  (Read 13315 times)
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:40:12 AM

sadly i didn't read all the pages of comments Tongue we may be better off getting the people that make southpark to have bitcoins in an episode, they would probably bash it, but as they say 'their is no such thing as bad publicity'. though we still need better 'stuff' before we can really sell bitcoin to the masses.

Look up "south park" and "space cash".

It's pretty good.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:40:46 AM

Hrmmmm.....as mentioned previously the usability problems remain until the client is at a stage where the public will embraced it.

Also:
The Comprehension Gap
Watch all the troll videos on youtube and one thing quickly becomes clear - People do not have a comprehension of bitcoin as a publicly shared and verified cryptological ledger! These people don't have a fucking clue!

Now you can get all up on your high horse and call em stupid, but the fact is that we still haven't communicated the nature of our technology here in simple terms that the every day layman can understand, and as long as this is the case, Bitcoin will remain a divisive subject which does absolutely nothing for the further of bitcoin!  

Before we go selling a product, how about first we document and explain just what the hell we are selling!

Pfft, Sales guys.....Operations FTW! Wink

So your saying we need a trusted famous person to make a statement about how they use and trust bitcoin? I vote for Remi Gaillard and LulzSec! and maby Notch... Gabe...hmmm who else? BENDER!

edit: i found a real tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko5lOc4nsac please ban him from life...

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 11:13:32 AM

Hrmmmm.....as mentioned previously the usability problems remain until the client is at a stage where the public will embraced it.

Also:
The Comprehension Gap
Watch all the troll videos on youtube and one thing quickly becomes clear - People do not have a comprehension of bitcoin as a publicly shared and verified cryptological ledger! These people don't have a fucking clue!

Now you can get all up on your high horse and call em stupid, but the fact is that we still haven't communicated the nature of our technology here in simple terms that the every day layman can understand, and as long as this is the case, Bitcoin will remain a divisive subject which does absolutely nothing for the further of bitcoin!  

Before we go selling a product, how about first we document and explain just what the hell we are selling!

Pfft, Sales guys.....Operations FTW! Wink

So your saying we need a trusted famous person to make a statement about how they use and trust bitcoin? I vote for Remi Gaillard and LulzSec! and maby Notch... Gabe...hmmm who else? BENDER!

edit: i found a real tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko5lOc4nsac please ban him from life...
No, I didn't say anything about a famous person.

I am saying that the underlying fundamentals of how the system actually works is not being communicated in a clear and concise manner that *everyone* can understand.

If you look at most of the anti-bitcoin videos it quickly becomes clear that these people think bitcoins exist as some kind of unit that can be pushed around when in fact the system works as a public record that recognizes what quantity you possess based on your public key and only verifies your right to spend on the basis of your private key.

If we can't communicate the exact nature of what we are advocating, then what the fuck is the point of advocacy in the first place!

The video that explains bitcoin on weusecoins, briefly touches of this by explaining the signing of bitcoins to your recipients address, but doesn't go far enough.

Put it this way, Toyota don't simply sell the Prius as just a car, they sell it as a hybrid petrol/electric car that stores energy for driving as you drive with resulting higher mileage. Apple don't sell the iPhone as just a phone, they show you it's workings to communicate how it will empower you and yet still manage to keep it simple.

This is how it is, we either get our message straight and market it as such.

Or we don't, the potential user never gets it, and as a result we are worse off for it. We can only achieve mass market penetration by having it possible that people can share the idea in simple communicable terms meaning that our revolutionary technology can become viral in everyday conversation.......or bitcoin can remain the currency of early adopters and geeks.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 12:37:16 PM

educating the public...were doomed...

Not at all, a difficult task but not an impossible one. The vast majority of the public only have a enough approximation of how a plane flies, yet that is enough to engender trust to fly on one. In a way bitcoin is similar, the absolute trust in the veracity of the technology is a must, but it is more then achievable to communicate this given we can find a medium to do so.

HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:41:58 PM

BITCOIN

Now 0.3.23 beta!  Looking for suckers who will support the market value of a digital commodity that has little to no use, generated by nerds with GPU farms!

Secure currency now featuring no real-world uses and plaintext wallet file!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 09:04:58 PM

Wow.    You new people in the forum have become such cynics....    That's sad.

Anyway...

My vision of what the commercial would NOT be about:

• bitcoin as an investment / it would not mention that at all / not at all
  • political or philosophical benefits of bitcoin / again, no mention at all

My vision of what the commercial WOULD be about:

• easy to use
  • no transaction fees
  • transactions that can't bounce or incur chargebacks
  • no need for bank approval
  • you can start using bitcoin within seconds with no technical skills necessary
  • the world's first decentralized currency
  • the world's first currency with a limited supply, yet extremely divisible

On the topic of Facebook, I am working on a simple, yet brilliant   Wink  project there too....   I'll post about that soon.

do you have a time frame for us?
I'm sure everyone will want to know a few weeks in advance before it airs
I for one will want to buy a few more bitcoins right before  Tongue

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 11:27:45 AM

I am wondering how that is anything other but the most obvious thing I've ever seen.
If it was so obvious, dinosaur corporations such as Nokia and Microsoft wouldn't be languishing.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:09:21 PM

I was thinking about how to make an analogy for bitcoin without mentioning cryptography and whatnot, but it's rather hard… Glass deposit boxes where everyone can see the contents, but no one knows who holds the key? Hrm…

Also, do let me know when this will be aired. I'd love to buy in before that Smiley

terroh8er

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:32:22 PM

People who buy things on infomercials are not the type who will be interested in Bitcoin.  Infomercials are associated with snake oil products and telling people to get involved in an internet commodity is a sure way to get educated people uninterested. What is the selling point, if not ideology? "Register on a Bitcoin exchange today and you can transfer funds from a Dwolla account - which you will need to sign up for - and transfer money from your bank account so you buy Bitcoins and buy things on Amazon - well, sort of. All for a low fee!" Why not just use a credit card?

The best thing we can do right now is get certain "underground" geek product providers - VPNs, seedboxes, etc - to accept Bitcoins. The first ones that do will quite a few extra customers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 07:49:03 PM

We already have a video that would make for a great TV spot (except maybe we mention Bitcoin.org at the end rather than weusecoins.com):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

This video has only a half a million view count. I can't envision a Bitcoin video reaching the one million view count mark. (tongue in cheek)

View count update: 9,294,935 views
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:02:12 PM

Perhaps bitcoin advertising is a really good idea. Many people have heard about it, but very few people understand why it is needed and how it works. I do not know whether the advertising, which says the author of the topic, but I think it is still necessary for cryptocurrency.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:53:01 PM

I will send you a small amount of money to help you implement your idea because I also hope that Bitcoin is well known. But I hope that you can make it more precise because I don't know how this will happen and what advertising network you will advertise ?
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:53:39 AM

Way to necrobump a Bruce Wagner thread Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 12:45:45 PM

Way to necrobump a Bruce Wagner thread Roll Eyes

Do I win a trip to Pataya?
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:56:19 PM

Hi, any update on that BTC ad? its liek 8 years after your first post - people would love to watch the ad you made Smiley
SIDDHI777

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:39:40 PM

Television add regarding bitcoin can make a huge different if done properly and specially because it is broadcast through majority of USA channels it might do a real change  but I hope you will at least share a screenplay or a proof of work in this very thread so donors who are willing can donate without hesitation for sake of bitcoins future and it is a good idea but it should be execute properly

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:26:11 AM

By the way promote and advertise bitcoin by using Television is more effective than using other social media and other advertise way, many people always watch television program every time and have billion people watch their favorite program every day. By using television as media for advertising we can promote bitcoin faster than using social media program and will make many investor know about bitcoin for investing or payment transaction.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:17:41 AM

Advertising on TV needs huge budget. Those projects who got some funds I think should be doing it instead like the ETH and EOS and TRX projects which already gained a lot. Bitcoin doesn't need advertising since its already known. The good thing about advertising one crypto project is that all other blockchain will be put in a spotlight. Those projects supported by billionaires like Tim Draper or Elon Musk can potentially be known if flashed on TV.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:23:11 AM

Advertising on TV needs huge budget. Those projects who got some funds I think should be doing it instead like the ETH and EOS and TRX projects which already gained a lot. Bitcoin doesn't need advertising since its already known. The good thing about advertising one crypto project is that all other blockchain will be put in a spotlight. Those projects supported by billionaires like Tim Draper or Elon Musk can potentially be known if flashed on TV.
Thats true, moreover who will prepare the budget for bitcoin on television? I think bitcoin doesn't need to do that. and besides that various projects in cryptocurrency have also promoted in various media such as youtube, google, even television, of course indirectly bitcoin will also get influence from that ads
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:18:39 PM

It might be useful to reach people who doesn't spend time on internet so much. There are many people who prefer to watch TV and these people might be informed directly about crypto currencies by advertising. These people's interest in crypto currencies can be increased by the direct access to accurate information about crypto currencies, and thus can lead to faster adoption of crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: