Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Pool mining primecoin using DigitalOcean (VPS)  (Read 88502 times)
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:46:48 AM

This seems to be hit or miss...same thing as I've done before, yet I get this when compiling hp5:

g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/bitcoinrpc.d -o obj/bitcoinrpc.o bitcoinrpc.cpp
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs> for instructions.
ivanlabrie@ivanlabrie1:~/primecoin/src$

This is after making a swap file? Only time we've seen this error so far.

Yep, I'm starting all over again...
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 09:15:50 AM

If you are a paying customer and are interested in them opening a new tier for high CPU, low disk and memory, do send them a note. I mentioned it to them, but I'm only one person.

Ticket response I got a few minutes ago. I asked about increasing droplet limit and opening up high cpu, low disk and memory. No mention of cpu in reply though.

Hello,

At this time we are not increasing droplet limits for PrimeCoin, BitCoin, or AltCoin mining purposes.

We will be completing large upgrades to capacity in all regions soon at which time we will again be able to offer higher limits.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks
DigitalOcean Suppor

You know if you were to fund someone willing like me, who has most resources available you could get all of that?
New VPS appears that's actually good for mining  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
robotrebellion

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:43:28 PM

Seems the profitability of VPS mining is nearing an end.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:56:54 PM

For those having issues with low amounts of RAM (i.e. 256 MB and/or 512 MB), I compiled it on my Raspberry Pi with a whopping 10 Primespersec (you're all going down!) just by changing the makefile.unix
There's one line with the compile flags, remove the "-O2" from it and it should be alright. The Pi is 512 MB of RAM so I know this works, but good luck to those with 256.
This also works for other "optimized" clients.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 03:00:34 PM

For those having issues with low amounts of RAM (i.e. 256 MB and/or 512 MB), I compiled it on my Raspberry Pi with a whopping 10 Primespersec (you're all going down!) just by changing the makefile.unix
There's one line with the compile flags, remove the "-O2" from it and it should be alright. The Pi is 512 MB of RAM so I know this works, but good luck to those with 256.
So if you buy about 10 000 Raspberry Pi you might have something? lol

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:21:17 PM

Start trembling in fear.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

Start trembling in fear.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rethaw (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:59:33 PM

Got my DigitalOcean stickers today!

You can request your own by emailing barry@digitalocean.com .

I had been having trouble getting my clients to sync up from time to time so I added these nodes posted by Sunny (original thread).

Try adding this set to your configuration (primecoin.conf)

addnode=208.68.37.41
addnode=129.7.204.114
addnode=198.199.100.118
addnode=87.98.146.72
addnode=88.190.56.58
addnode=78.31.111.116
addnode=198.199.84.246
addnode=197.96.138.8
addnode=96.126.103.94
addnode=192.81.212.113
addnode=198.199.112.141
addnode=192.34.58.127
addnode=31.25.188.219
addnode=54.235.231.242
addnode=175.41.200.152

rethaw (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

Got a PM

Hey, do you know how I can merge all servers to one main wallet? what is the steps to take for the droplets?

My suggested method for moving coins around is in the OP. You dump the private key from the droplet and importprivkey into your main wallet.

maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:56:07 PM

Got a PM

Hey, do you know how I can merge all servers to one main wallet? what is the steps to take for the droplets?

My suggested method for moving coins around is in the OP. You dump the private key from the droplet and importprivkey into your main wallet.

My point was that if in theory, I want to use 5 servers with 1 wallet, wouldn't that give me a leg up in mining a block because instead of it being 1 server at 1k pps with its own wallet, couldn't I just power level all servers together and earn more blocks this way?
rethaw (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:58:39 PM

My point was that if in theory, I want to use 5 servers with 1 wallet, wouldn't that give me a leg up in mining a block because instead of it being 1 server at 1k pps with its own wallet, couldn't I just power level all servers together and earn more blocks this way?

Thanks for clarifying that maco. Although the wallet has some overhead there is no dedicated miner at this point so each of your instances is going to have the full Primecoin blockchain. I expect this to change in a week or two, which I presume will make running a VPS miner much easier.

maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:00:12 PM

Thanks for clarifying that maco. Although the wallet has some overhead there is no dedicated miner at this point so each of your instances is going to have the full Primecoin blockchain. I expect this to change in a week or two, which I presume will make running a VPS miner much easier.

ah okay. Thanks.

I think you see where I was going with it... because I wasn't sure if it uses the wallet to detect what is reaching up the blockchain. If that was the case, then we would be using them all together.
noel

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 06:08:21 AM

hi ya i had no issues until this point hope you understand this snippet  Grin

root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# echo "rpcuser=******* rpcpassword=****************** gen=1"
rpcuser=******* rpcpassword=****************** gen=1
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src#
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# > ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# sudo mv primecoind /usr/local/bin/.
mv: cannot stat ΓÇÿprimecoindΓÇÖ: No such file or directory
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# primecoind --daemon
primecoind: command not found

which one of these or how do you auto send to a wallet address as they are mined

Getting coins to another wallet:

There are a number of ways to do this:

After they've matured:

Code:

primecoind sendtoaddress yourhomeaddress amount

Before they've matured:

from vps: Is this digitalocean yes?

Code:

primecoind listtransactions # to find the receiving address I do this after?? long??
primecoind dumpprivkey $receiving_address where do i find "dumpprivkey"

from home: Huh

Code: Huh

primecoind importprivkey $privkey_from_vps Huh

I then remove the wallet.dat from the vps to get all new keys, though its not necessary.
thanks for the help sounds like fun so i just have to have a play and the best thing is i am learning something new.
thanks
noel

My Bitcoin Address is 1A2WeFuxL2WuyoqNAYqKx4P2a5YieYaunp

Donate Please.
rethaw (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:21:50 AM

hi ya i had no issues until this point hope you understand this snippet  Grin

root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# echo "rpcuser=******* rpcpassword=****************** gen=1"
rpcuser=******* rpcpassword=****************** gen=1
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# > ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# sudo mv primecoind /usr/local/bin/.
mv: cannot stat ΓÇÿprimecoindΓÇÖ: No such file or directory
root@PRESSEDHARD:~/primecoin/src# primecoind --daemon
primecoind: command not found
[/quote]

Something went wrong before this. Try pasting it line by line instead of all at once.

which one of these or how do you auto send to a wallet address as they are mined

Getting coins to another wallet:

There are a number of ways to do this:

After they've matured:

Code:

primecoind sendtoaddress yourhomeaddress amount

Before they've matured:

from vps: Is this digitalocean yes?

Code:

primecoind listtransactions # to find the receiving address I do this after?? long??
primecoind dumpprivkey $receiving_address where do i find "dumpprivkey"

from home: Huh

Code: Huh

primecoind importprivkey $privkey_from_vps Huh

I then remove the wallet.dat from the vps to get all new keys, though its not necessary.
thanks for the help sounds like fun so i just have to have a play and the best thing is i am learning something new.
thanks
noel

I'll try to make that section more clear.

When logged into the VPS enter:

Code:
primecoind listtransactions

If you have mined a block you will see something like:

Code:
    {
        "account" : "",
        "address" : "A***********",
        "category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 12.34000000,
        "confirmations" : 3,
        "generated" : true,
        "blockhash" : "hash",
        "blockindex" : 0,
        "blocktime" : timestamp,
        "txid" : "hash",
        "time" : timestamp,
        "timereceived" : timestamp
    }

Take the address from that output: "A***" and on the VPS enter:

Code:
primecoind dumpprivkey A***

The result of this is the private key used in the next step. "P*****"

Now from your main wallet:

Code:
primecoind importprivkey "P*****"

It will then show in the list of transactions for your main wallet. If you're satisfied the transfer went properly you may remove it by entering into the VPS:

Code:
primecoind stop
rm ~/.primecoind/wallet.dat
primecoind --daemon

rmhuntley

Activity: 980

HALA MADRID

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:44:57 AM

ok, out of curiousity. I'f I were to lease one of their 24core, 96gb ram servers for 24hrs($33.85), would there be a point?  I don't know how much processing power  it takes to find primes at this point, but I'm thinking it might be an interesting experiment.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

ok, out of curiousity. I'f I were to lease one of their 24core, 96gb ram servers for 24hrs($33.85), would there be a point?  I don't know how much processing power  it takes to find primes at this point, but I'm thinking it might be an interesting experiment.

Honestly, I have flipped my views on DO the more I play around with their service. It sort of blows. It seems like every time you spawn an instance, it's a total crapshoot as to whether you will get what is promised. I've also had a bunch of instances hang for ridiculous lengths of time on power off commands, and had two freeze altogether that I just told their engineer to destroy (shared wallet ftw).

They have been super chill about this onslaught of miners, and they deserve maaaaaaad credit for that, but it seems fucked to me that you could open two of the same instances, even in the same locale, and easily have one running ten times the speed of the other. Amsterdam is running about double the speed of the US servers right now for me. I know PPS is not the end-all indicator, but it's something, and I suspect something is seriously amiss with an 8-core instance runs slower than single cores for prolonged periods. I have seen it time and time again while playing with builds and resizing. I'd say maybe 20% of my droplets will just be fucked and hobbled upon creation, and I will have to try again and hope for a better roll of the die. I finally got some multi-core instances in Amsterdam that aren't totally crippled and showed performance increases that corresponded to the increase in cores. Hopefully it's a sign of improvement. Maybe we are just totally killing them, but then why the hell wouldn't they just kick some of the heavier abusers and stop letting their respectable customers suffer at our hands? I think it's likely they are revelling in the numbers to flash at their investors and suit dummies, and all the while just pushing lackluster service to all their users. Whatever. It's cheap and making us unsustainable money, I guess.

edit, forgot to answer the question:

As far as finding blocks...still seems to be a combination of computational power and luck. My PPS has increased over tenfold in the past maybe five days, and my rate of block finding hasn't, if that's an indicator. Some people are running way more than me and have been for a week and are still high and dry. Day two, I hopped on with only my laptop as I was out of town and was snatching a block every few hours. Slowly increased with the improved miners and snagging better instances, then I went from micro to 2 cpu instances in amsterdam, now sitting at like, 20k PPS and have stayed above a block/24hrs thus far.

If the 24-core instance ran as promised/equal to 24 micro instances, you could get maybe 30k pps...but who knows what that even means? Also, 24 micro instances would cost $.17/hr. Depends on how much you like to gamble, and how much you think XPM will be worth when you want to cash out. It would be a safer bet to buy some. Block reward is like, 12.2 something, my first block was 22. something.
96redformula

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:10:48 AM

ok, out of curiousity. I'f I were to lease one of their 24core, 96gb ram servers for 24hrs($33.85), would there be a point?  I don't know how much processing power  it takes to find primes at this point, but I'm thinking it might be an interesting experiment.

I tried that on the first week and it was definitely not worth it.
rmhuntley

Activity: 980

HALA MADRID

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:54:59 PM

ok, cool. it was just an idea I was playing with. Another question, Can you use the DO services to mine for anything else?

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 04:51:38 PM

ok, cool. it was just an idea I was playing with. Another question, Can you use the DO services to mine for anything else?
CPU only coins I guess.. you can't compete with GPU's obviously

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:40:12 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 07:01:20 PM by kimosan

Honestly, I have flipped my views on DO the more I play around with their service. It sort of blows. It seems like every time you spawn an instance, it's a total crapshoot as to whether you will get what is promised. I've also had a bunch of instances hang for ridiculous lengths of time on power off commands.

They have been super chill about this onslaught of miners, and they deserve maaaaaaad credit.

I have found the same problems and have arrived at the same conclusion. DO droplet cpu performance is spotty. Been running 15 for the last 36 hours or so, not a single block. I more than made my money back with early blocks but it no longer seems cost effective to run these things. To me at least.

ok, out of curiousity. I'f I were to lease one of their 24core, 96gb ram servers for 24hrs($33.85), would there be a point?  I don't know how much processing power  it takes to find primes at this point, but I'm thinking it might be an interesting experiment.

Not worth it, imo. I tried a few, actually had one hang on boot (which in DigitalOcean terminology means 'Active', yep, they charged me the 2 hours it was stuck...), when finally running the 4 had completely different pps. One got @ 14K, the others between 6k and 10k. None of them hit their full potential. Ran them for a few hours, found a couple blocks but that was back a few days. I think the 8 core droplets are/were the best bang for the buck, you could pretty much get an even pps distribution through those ones.

I shutdown my droplets this morning.

Going to keep mining on only my home machines unless someone, cough*mikaelh, releases a SUPER cpu miner.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: