Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Network Crashing??  (Read 1298 times)
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:54:53 AM

Ethereum network is currently clogged, the ascent of ICOs are causing the ATH txns and some game (Eth kittens or something) have hijacked the network increasing txns more.

Unless the devs can come up with solutions, we will be experiencing this slowdown for some time.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 AM

It's just the network congestion is too much but still my transactions are going through in a timely manner. It has happened earlier as well but this time due to too many ICOs, the transaction log has increased. My TX got confirmed in less than 15 minutes with 0.000470337 Ether as fee which is still normal compared to others paying $1+ fee for getting faster confirmations. Today again my TX got confirmed in 10 minutes.

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:04:24 AM

I also noticed the slow transaction yesterday when I transferred ETH and it took like 10 mins to confirm. I learnt the cause of the congestion was the crypto kitties on ethereum network.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:05:10 AM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?

I haven't heard about Ethereum's crashing on my Cryptocurrency news feeds but I think if this is true then developers are on their way to resolve this issue.

johnyespapa

Activity: 257

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:06:15 AM

This problem was started when they released the game called crypto kitties where you can farm ethereum by breeding kitties.

DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:09:03 AM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?

I haven't heard about Ethereum's crashing on my Cryptocurrency news feeds but I think if this is true then developers are on their way to resolve this issue.

True. I just don't think Ethereum will simply fall because of this. Damn, there were a lot worse than these and yet they recovered it well and continue to rise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Joshua85

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

It's so frustrating, I can't even use etherdelta with 20gwei
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:11:00 AM

I don't think so bro, it's just a limited problem. Mybe they are working to fix it or they are upgrading the system of ethereum. And i am still waiting for my withdrwal money from last day, because of ethereum.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:22:34 AM

you are seeing these problems because Ethereum has a lot of issues and bugs and it can simply go down like this. it has happened before multiple times. each time it was as long as a week before going back to normal but it will get worse as it grows. which is partly due to its scaling issue.

some people think just because some altcoin has faster blocks and seemingly fast transactions, it is a good thing but they miss all the long term downsides such as what you are experiencing here.

it won't fall now because the issues are not yet serious and also because the whale manipulators still want their profit out of this coin and they won't let it burn that easily. but it is a doomed project that will fail miserably in the end. and there is no stopping that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:40:13 AM

The problem is that the activity around CryptoKitties – an ethereum-based app that uses tokens to represent digital cats that can be traded, exchanged or bred to create more e-pets – has effectively clogged up the blockchain.
As a result, users - including those trying to participate in token sales via the ethereum network – are stuck with longer wait times given the plethora of transactions associated with the CryptoKitties app.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:41:36 AM

It's just the network congestion is too much but still my transactions are going through in a timely manner. It has happened earlier as well but this time due to too many ICOs, the transaction log has increased. My TX got confirmed in less than 15 minutes with 0.000470337 Ether as fee which is still normal compared to others paying $1+ fee for getting faster confirmations. Today again my TX got confirmed in 10 minutes.

I5 Minute is like 10years on Ethereum Network! Ethereum usually confirm in less than 10sec. This is an attack on the Network

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:47:08 AM

As a newbie to cryptocurrency this really made me worry since I've got some eth stored in an exchange sites and seems that I cannot withdraw them and only seeing a lot of pending transactions. This never happened to me before so I got worried. I hope this will be settled soon.
CrypTick

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:47:40 AM

this wil rise wholw december
leftover_potato

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 08:03:43 AM

As a newbie to cryptocurrency this really made me worry since I've got some eth stored in an exchange sites and seems that I cannot withdraw them and only seeing a lot of pending transactions. This never happened to me before so I got worried. I hope this will be settled soon.
i did a ETH transfer from MEW wallet to another MEW and it took less than 5 minutes. around 21000 gas.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:08:15 AM

The transactions is getting longer because of the game crypto kitties they have released,maybe in the future ethereum will crash.

millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:11:41 AM

I have done some transaction of my holding tokens to exchange its really doing good currently so i wanted to sell but even after few hours there is no transaction confirmation . Its am facing after long time in ethereum network .Recently i was using ethereum for most of my payment transaction now seems to be worse than bitcoin.
I also did some transactions few hours ago and it went fine. I heard though that the new game called crypto-kittens being the first game on the blockchain technology and on Ethereum platform caused the whole congestion. I really do not know how true that is, but a lot of work still need to be done by Ethereum devs.

chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:47:31 AM

Two articles show that CryptoKitties are clogging up the entire Blockchain network.

Read below for more info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42237162
and
https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-cryptokitties-blockchain-deluge-sparks-ico-delay/

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fortress

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:06:50 AM

Is it due to the Crypto Kitty stuff?

I've heard it is causing bloating issues.
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:09:57 AM

Invasion of the CryptoKitties is happening. It happened before with Pokemon.
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

how deep will the price of ETH decrease due to these issues? I think to sell it now. Amazing world of cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: