Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:36:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dying !!!  (Read 3471 times)
warden (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:39:26 PM

just woke up on this massive dump !

what do you think it's causing this ? and do you think this is the best time to buy ? or it will dump even more   Shocked

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:59:18 PM

What dump are you talking about? Are you talking about the alt/btc ratio or just the value in dollars?

Because  the value in fiat has been rising for almost all the altcoins that are now listed on the market.

And the value in btc ratio has been going down for a while, ethereum was more than 0.12 in July, and now it is just 0.03 each one of them, more than 400% of decrease in just a few months.

But the price is still going up, only that it is not following the bitcoin price pattern.

EDIT: Your image link is broken.

Hello
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

what do you think it's causing this ? and do you think this is the best time to buy ? or it will dump even more   Shocked

There is no dump going on. Unless you are referring to some crappy coins, not even worth mentioning. The major ones, the real ones, the solid ones are generally experiencing a value rise accompanying the rise of BTC fiat value.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:23:41 PM

This is happening all the time when Bitcoin is setting a new all time high, it’s a high risk to trade any altcoin paired with Bitcoin. By this reason I started trading altcoins paired with usd(t) and patience is the key to success.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:36:31 PM

Expect more dumping in the following days because Bitcoin is sucking most of the volume in the altcoin markets and also there are hardforks to be followed so expect the altcoin market to bleed. I lose huge amount from the dump. My trades failing. That fine with me. Anyway, altcoin are getting more cheaper. So i take it in a positive way. Some altcoins are pumping because of good updates. Like IOTA. Iota is pumping for days now because of huge announcement. But it's now going to a retrace.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:37:21 PM

This is happening all the time when Bitcoin is setting a new all time high, it’s a high risk to trade any altcoin paired with Bitcoin. By this reason I started trading altcoins paired with usd(t) and patience is the key to success.

Indeed, but that can not be considered as a dump. I would say it's a side effect of the BTC/Altcoin pairing and it is not affecting all altcoins in the same manner.

crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:46:46 PM

I would not call this a dump. If you look at the history of coins, you can quickly see that the trend cycles. The cycle simply oscillates between mostly increasing to mostly decreasing. Generally, if you look at all of an exchanges cryptocurrencies and sort them by most profitable to least profitable, you can place a pivot at the 0% mark. This pivot point will cycle from mostly positive to mostly negative ever so often. It's nothing to panic about, but it can be used as a trading tool if you know how to use it.
poloniex777

Activity: 234
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:53:37 PM

the market is very good to buy

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:55:44 PM

That is a normal cycle, bitcoin is surging up so the pri e of alts in term of bitcoin is going down but its equivalent is usd is still the same. It will start to grow back once bitcoin settles down again. And if it helps, eth is still growing, so stable coins adopt quickly to the price of bitcoin.
Pedro18

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:26:34 AM

It is because of bitcoin, bitcoin now is unstoppable. Look at the price of bitcoin now, so really hard to stop. But it is okay. Altcoins has the time, maybe next year.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:47:27 AM

Damn, never expected it to be this bad. I guess DIVERSIFICATION really is an important aspect of any investment. Should have saved more money kept in BTC. Oh well, i'm confident prices will stabilize soon. Bitcoin is really the king.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:01:41 AM

Overall my blockfolio is up. That's all I look for month over month. These short term rises and drops don't mean a thing. 
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:16:19 AM

why tf dont alts go up if they are all valued in satoshis. I allways hear alts go up cause value of btc goes up, so why and how tf r they goin down  Angry
Knightly

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:26:49 AM

It's a bloody crazy time to be in alts.

My portfolio is (mistakenly) 100% alts, so I watch my portfolio's sat value go down and down, but the dollar value going slowly up.

I do hope alts have their time soon. Live and learn!

Good luck out there everyone.

-Knightly
franss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:33:12 AM

The cause can be accompanied by high bitcoin prices. If you want to buy altcoin, you should be able to choose which altcoin you should buy if you can not make the right choice, you will definitely regret it.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:40:30 AM

This is very much expected due to the upcoming hard forks. People are dumping their altcoins for them to have more Bitcoin before the fork happens so that they can get an equivalent amount of the coin from the fork. Rest assured that the altcoins will be back on its track after the hard fork. It is the best time to buy more altcoins and add them on your portfolio.
DiniazRosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

ICO starting on 16th of April!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:02:45 AM

This happen because bitcoin jump from 12k$ to 14k$ in few hours. Altcoins not dying, you still have the same usd when you invest in altcoins.

》  ZPER  ▐|   DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM for P2P FINANCE
◣   Whitepaper   ◤   Main-sale 16th Apr   ◥   One Pager   ◢
▐|    Facebook   ||   Twitter   ||   Telegram   ||   Youtube    |▌
vanedwap

Activity: 560
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:28:04 AM

as we expected alt coin always dumped when bitcoin is up, when the price of  bitcoin gets stable thats the time that our alts price will increase

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:44:12 AM

I believe that the falling market is the best time to get started with it. I am in the process of doing the research in alt-coins and I believe systematic investment plan would work best in such conditions because everyone is running behind BTC (including me) and ignoring the market potential of alt-coins. I am expecting a huge growth in the price of Bitcoin in the coming years but we should never underestimate the altcoin market in my opinion.
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:47:38 AM

He gave an example in relation to bitcoin and thinks that there is a dump, and you tried to look and see the real things without a binding. Then you will understand that this is beneficial and people are gradually moving to alts.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: