Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:20:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling top at $16500 (New speculation: Guess the price 19 Feb 2021!)  (Read 24296 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 03:11:43 AM
Merited by sgbett (1)

You'll note *my posts are not investment advice* in my signature . (You know that place where most people link to some pump and dump coin or ICO scam!)

Hmmm. Like -- just for an example -- Fortune Jack?

The irony is rich.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
JohnTask

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 03:47:37 AM

The irony is rich.

Hahaha, as if sgbett wasn't slaughtering them hard enough already! They seem to be getting desperate. Sad.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:57:45 AM

<snip>

<snip>
Remember - it goes back up to ~$9500 first Smiley

Now in the approach phase everything looking good

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:59:18 AM

The irony is rich.

Hahaha, as if sgbett wasn't slaughtering them hard enough already! They seem to be getting desperate. Sad.

I’m just in the “rope sales” business Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 12325

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:29:12 PM

Speaking of all made calls after the event happened is always easy, true BTC'ers as myself (true to the bone) are the ones that see and read and hear all those calls but just think nice or yeah or ... but whatever we HODL and will see what happens, why cause we believe in our product and in what it will achieve as I read here you are a BSV kinda guy believe thats the real deal, then act like one and sell all BTC for it, cause I sure AF don't own any BSV and I will not buy as its below more as most of the sh*t-alts imo.....
I will never support that whats coming from a proven fraud, and will always advice people to stay off that sh*t...

Then I have read tons of guys making right calls and tops and bottoms and whatever, still most of them will be losing there money of there BTC of whatever.....
Also have seen more making mistakes of course and when there call was wrong they just popped up with another one until they have a correct one Roll Eyes

Please do not be another idiote to prefer those sh*tcoins over BTC.

Then again do as you please and be left behind, and your dumb f***  following boys as well.
(its not mine or torque's or not any BTC'ers loss .... it will only be yours)

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:39:08 PM
Merited by sgbett (1)

Speaking of all made calls after the event happened is always easy, true BTC'ers as myself (true to the bone) are the ones that see and read and hear all those calls but just think nice or yeah or ... but whatever we HODL and will see what happens, why cause we believe in our product and in what it will achieve as I read here you are a BSV kinda guy believe thats the real deal, then act like one and sell all BTC for it, cause I sure AF don't own any BSV and I will not buy as its below more as most of the sh*t-alts imo.....
I will never support that whats coming from a proven fraud, and will always advice people to stay off that sh*t...

Then I have read tons of guys making right calls and tops and bottoms and whatever, still most of them will be losing there money of there BTC of whatever.....
Also have seen more making mistakes of course and when there call was wrong they just popped up with another one until they have a correct one Roll Eyes

Please do not be another idiote to prefer those sh*tcoins over BTC.

Then again do as you please and be left behind, and your dumb f***  following boys as well.

Even tough I'm totally on the opposite side of SgBett, but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit. You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015. If he wants the coin with Gigamegs( Roll Eyes) blocks, let him have it - we're all grown ups here.

Most of his calls were pretty good so far - at least give him credit for that. But everyone loses his magic at some point(i.e. Masterluc), so maybe this time it's SgBetts turn.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 06:40:57 PM

You assume that these guys ever had any real skin in the game and weren't bought out by the BSV clan to shill for pocket change. Your assumption is bad. Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:20:27 PM

You assume that these guys ever had any real skin in the game and weren't bought out by the BSV clan to shill for pocket change. Your assumption is bad. Wink

Your assertion is unsupported by any evidence. Perhaps you should be flagged as a liar that merely tears others down through spouting untruths.

Unless, of course, you have any evidence to back your claim. <-- hint, hint

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:31:33 PM

<peak hat gang shizzle>

Even tough I'm totally on the opposite side of SgBett, but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit. You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015. If he wants the coin with Gigamegs( Roll Eyes) blocks, let him have it - we're all grown ups here.

Most of his calls were pretty good so far - at least give him credit for that. But everyone loses his magic at some point(i.e. Masterluc), so maybe this time it's SgBetts turn.

See that is solid response. No BS. Just truth. I can respect that.

I gotta tell you holding above 9k has me sweating! It was supposed to go up there then roll over! Mind you if my "~2 year winter" call is right, nothing is gonna happen real quick I guess.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:20:32 AM

but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit.

No.

#AllBtcForksAreShitcoinScams
thecodebear

Activity: 2142
Merit: 824

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:54:25 AM

<peak hat gang shizzle>

I gotta tell you holding above 9k has me sweating! It was supposed to go up there then roll over! Mind you if my "~2 year winter" call is right, nothing is gonna happen real quick I guess.

It's not. That much has been set in stone for two and a half months now. Move on, start predicting the top of this bull market if you want. Enough with the "but I could have sworn we were still in a bear market" a half year after the bottom was in.

Though I do wonder, in short time you'll find out your big "9500 and then collapse" prediction is wrong. Once that proves to be wrong will you give up on this "the bull market is a bear market" stuff or will you just set you sights higher and start saying oh no it wasn't 9500 it was 12000 or something? Just wondering when this train wreck clown show you've created will end?
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:54:03 PM

<peak hat gang shizzle>

It's not. That much has been set in stone for two and a half months now. Move on, start predicting the top of this bull market if you want. Enough with the "but I could have sworn we were still in a bear market" a half year after the bottom was in.

Though I do wonder, in short time you'll find out your big "9500 and then collapse" prediction is wrong. Once that proves to be wrong will you give up on this "the bull market is a bear market" stuff or will you just set you sights higher and start saying oh no it wasn't 9500 it was 12000 or something? Just wondering when this train wreck clown show you've created will end?

If I am proven wrong then I will be wrong, but given this is a long term multi-year forecast that to date has played out pretty much as I said it would then I think we are far from being able to conclude anything yet. We've just got to the ~9.5k mark and it seems pretty tense to me.

Still, I'm under no illusion it could go either way...

I think it is you that seems to be the one with blind faith in this "bull market" Smiley

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:19:49 PM

You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015.

Try saying that to anyone who got in during the most recent bubble and they'll feel rather differently. 95-99% down in most alts is good enough. 83% for BTC does the job for most too.

I think what most people have been looking for is boredom, lack of attention and utter despair. Since so many more people arrived since 2013 that's not going to be same no matter what but I have seen plenty of sadness.

2013 could have been a one off and no one could be sure whether that was the case well into 2015/16. I don't believe that's the case any more.

Anyone who's been here since 2013 is too deformed to know what 'proper' capitulation should feel like any more.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:37:19 PM

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:42:52 PM
Merited by sgbett (1)

It's starting to get interesting.
thecodebear

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:23:45 AM

<peak hat gang shizzle>

If I am proven wrong then I will be wrong, but given this is a long term multi-year forecast that to date has played out pretty much as I said it would then I think we are far from being able to conclude anything yet. We've just got to the ~9.5k mark and it seems pretty tense to me.

Still, I'm under no illusion it could go either way...

I think it is you that seems to be the one with blind faith in this "bull market" Smiley

Or ya know, more like just seeing the obvious rather than the blind faith you put in a bear market continuing despite a clear bull market. The bull market was easy to call when bitcoin broke out of the bottom of the market on April 1st. It's been pretty obvious since that happened the night of April 1st - that night it looked EXACTLY like what you'd expect of the start of a bull market. It was exactly the move I was looking for to know the bull market had started, I saw it like 30 minutes after it started and immediately knew the bull market had started because like I said, it was textbook end of market bottom and start of bull market. It was still possible that it could have been a fakeout at that point like 30 minutes into the bull market, though very unlikely, but we're almost 3 months in now. This thread is a complete joke now. I know most people like'd to take a few weeks or a month or two to be sure about it, but here we are almost 3 months in and you aren't saying okay now the evidence is overwhelming we've been in a bull market the past 3 months, instead you're saying that despite reality you're gonna insist this continuous surge over several months is somehow magically a bear market. Seriously, its just like, get real man. You apparently decided on the future of bitcoin's price movements and then when the market clearly showed you were wrong you just decided to ignore reality and stick to your wrong conclusion.

You are calling for a continued bear market against ALL evidence. That's blind faith.
thecodebear

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:32:54 AM

You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015.

Try saying that to anyone who got in during the most recent bubble and they'll feel rather differently. 95-99% down in most alts is good enough. 83% for BTC does the job for most too.

I think what most people have been looking for is boredom, lack of attention and utter despair. Since so many more people arrived since 2013 that's not going to be same no matter what but I have seen plenty of sadness.

2013 could have been a one off and no one could be sure whether that was the case well into 2015/16. I don't believe that's the case any more.

Anyone who's been here since 2013 is too deformed to know what 'proper' capitulation should feel like any more.

The big difference between the 2018 bear market and the 2014/2015 one was that that previous one was the first time bitcoin had been down for YEARS! Between bitcoin first being traded to around the first halving there were many giant bubbles and huge crashes, the last market cycle during that time took like a year and a half from peak to peak I believe. But then comes 2014 and 2015 and a year and a half after the peak it was STILL at the bottom of the market! The previous cycle had surged to a new bubble peak by that time. Plus bitcoin wasn't close to being picked up by the wider public or the finance world yet, the way it is today, so it literally looked like bitcoin might just fade away (having gotten in in Nov 2013 myself, it certainly looked that way to me by 2015 - i kept faith until mid-2015 and then sold what i had left haha, the absolute worst time to give up! ;p).

Fast forward to 2018, and people who really get the market knew throughout the crash that it would return and that this was just another normal market cycle for bitcoin. The attention on bitcoin was huge even over the winter at the bottom of the market. There was never any real question of if it would surge back and enter a new bull market and expand bitcoin's adoption exponentially once again. 2014/2015 bear market and capitulation was like holy crap is bitcoin dead?! 2018 capitulation was like okay that was a rough ride but bitcoin finally finished bleeding now its time to accumulate.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:45:39 AM

2014/2015 bear market and capitulation was like holy crap is bitcoin dead?! 2018 capitulation was like okay that was a rough ride but bitcoin finally finished bleeding now its time to accumulate.

after the breakdown from $6k, everyone assumed that 2014-15 was the model since it looked to be turning into a multi-year bear market. and you know what happens when everyone thinks the same thing: the opposite happens!

it goes to show you that every bull/bear cycle is different. that's why i'm hesitant to assume the next bubble will keep playing out the same pattern too because once it becomes too obvious, the pattern will change as the market reacts to it. the next one might be the run-up where mass adoption follows. pretty much everyone assumes that the next bubble will be smaller than the last, % wise. they might be wrong.

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:54:35 PM

Lol, not satisfied with that biting you in the ass enough the first time around? Cheesy you make me laugh

you were told top was in at 16,5
you were told you would get 4
you were told you would get 9,5

if you'd sold at 16,5 bought at 4 thats a 4.15x profit
if you'd bought at 4 and sold at 9,5 thats another 2.375 profit
That's a 9.85x return so far.

When those 2,5 coins come in that will be another 3.8x which would give you a total return of just over 37x the amount of bitcoin you have if you had just held them the whole time. That's what you should be thinking if you believe BTC is bitcoin. Those are the moves you should be making.

Begin a bit out on the exact price, or the exact timing doesn't matter when you are following long term market trends.

Of course I just sold majority at 16,5 and left it at that. I don't think those 2,5 BTC will be worth buying by the time the market gets there.

Every day more people are seeing the light.

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:22:11 PM

So you're still sticking to your 9,5k then 2,5k speculation ? Even when we just reached 11200$ ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: