Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch #3 & More  (Read 5868 times)
tagada

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:56:07 PM

I'll second that about a partial refund. I think it's only fair to help compensate for the delay and the resulting worse ROI, since we're pretty far from the difficulty on which the price was based originally.
dylan186

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:58:31 PM

yifu,
    I open a ticket #1284 and #1300,but nothing change? The batch #3 will shipping soon,pls help me to deal with the ticket about my batch#3 shipping address .
    thank you
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:07:08 PM

Bitpay seems to be unaware of how to find a invoice URL. I am waiting on a response. If you did not recieve an invoice URL there may be a possibility that the coins went somewhere else?! Bitpay is stating they never received my BTC and they do not own the address.
Same here  Shocked
As far as I can remember during Batch #3 ordering process Bitpay URL have could be seen just for a short time and then browser have been redirected to the AVALON shop. So I've never got a chance to grab URL. Nor I ever got payment confirmation letter from the Bitpay. To prove my payment I can provide you with the TXID (I actually did already).

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:09:09 PM

I'll second that about a partial refund. I think it's only fair to help compensate for the delay and the resulting worse ROI, since we're pretty far from the difficulty on which the price was based originally.
+100
I'd be happy with partial refund, too. Say, circa 50 BTC for 4-module unit.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:11:23 PM

Partial refund seems fair to me, as price was calculated to 1month ROI.
mitak64

Activity: 254

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:31:38 PM

How about a nice discount on purchasing a 4th module ?
tagada

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:42:20 PM

How about a nice discount on purchasing a 4th module ?

Then what about those who ordered the 4th module version? I think a refund is fairer to everyone, and since now the ROI will probably take at least 2 or 3 months at best, a 30 to 50% refund does not seem exagerated to me.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:50:26 PM

Awesome to hear Batch 3 is shipping so soon!

Late "a few weeks" is pretty funny, but whatever Smiley

I'm surprised that people would opt for a refund personally. I don't have tons of faith that Metafury and KNC (even though I have shares) will ship when they say. I think Batch 3 won't have a crazy-quick ROI but if you look at running for at least year, it really isn't that bad of a deal.

But also glad that folks to have that option...thanks Avalon.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:55:16 PM

All you guys whining "partial refund" ... How long did BATCH 1 & 2 Customers wait?  Batch #2 was supposed to be APRIL!  The last units just went out the door.

I got shipping info on my Batch #2, I am more than happy.  I had guessed it might be MAY, worst case JUNE, now its JULY.  So 3 months late, but still happy.

Avalon really did just take ~3 weeks to produce/ship basically all of B#2 once the new line was up.   Batch #3 will definitely be much more "on time" comparatively speaking, I am very surprised there is even an offer of a refund for the whiners.

Put simply:  Should I be asking Avalon for ~250BTC for "lost profits" of my Batch 2 being multiple months late?  Heck no.  Mining has always been YMMV!
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:59:24 PM

All you guys whining "partial refund" ... How long did BATCH 1 & 2 Customers wait?  Batch #2 was supposed to be APRIL!  The last units just went out the door.

I got shipping info on my Batch #2, I am more than happy.  I had guessed it might be MAY, worst case JUNE, now its JULY.  So 3 months late, but still happy.

Avalon really did just take ~3 weeks to produce/ship basically all of B#2 once the new line was up.   Batch #3 will definitely be much more "on time" comparatively speaking, I am very surprised there is even an offer of a refund for the whiners.

Put simply:  Should I be asking Avalon for ~250BTC for "lost profits" of my Batch 2 being multiple months late?  Heck no.  Mining has always been YMMV!

batch 1 was DIRT CHEAP.
batch 2 cost less

ok
koob

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:59:56 PM

Difference is batch#3 prica was calculated on Btc ROI, not like#1 and #2 USD.
tagada

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:00:44 PM

Agreed, but you have to take into account that the price of batch #3 was explicitely based on a 1 month ROI. There's just no way that's going to happen now, and i'm not even counting the chips just from Avalon that will be delivered mid-July (which isn't very fair either, but that's another subject)
yeemartin

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:02:23 AM

Given the hashing power increase rate. if we cannot get batch#3 before Sept. there will be no ROI.

Why would you get it in Sept?

He said they're going to start shipping Monday and expect to be done within 2 weeks. Given their history, that may stretch to a month. Even if it does, that only brings us into early August.

Also note that they said some B3s will be compatible with future 55nm modules. Gives me more hope for ongoing ROI.

I never doubted Avalon. They are not BFL. You can't expect constant communication with a Chinese vendor of money generating machines. There have been issues, but I prefer to sit back and laugh at all the tools wasting their time by complaining on this board on a daily basis.

That said, this is very exciting news.

In reality, a lot of people of Batch #3 will see their avalons in Sept. especially Russia, India and other third world counties.
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

batch 1 was DIRT CHEAP.
batch 2 cost less

Both 1 & 2 were ~$1500 USD at the time of purchase when you include shipping costs.

Both B2 and B3 cost about 75BTC, so if you were paying with BTC already mined the reality is B2 people get screwed the most by the delayed "promised vs actual" timeline.

Its fun to pick & choose which numbers to compare, because the wild fluctuations in BTC/USD price throw off the comparisons but the reality is someone who purchased a B3 is getting their unit with much less overall delay than B2.

Quote from: koob
Difference is batch#3 prica was calculated on Btc ROI, not like#1 and #2 USD.

Who actually bought that line?  I think we all know Avalon decided to finally take some profits on B3 and this was as good as logic as any to keep the BTC price mostly fixed between B2 and B3.
monkee

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:06:43 AM

batch 1 was DIRT CHEAP.
batch 2 cost less

Both 1 & 2 were ~$1500 USD at the time of purchase when you include shipping costs.

and batch 3 was about 10k USD for a 4 module

big difference
cmdbill (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:14:16 AM

batch 1 was DIRT CHEAP.
batch 2 cost less

and batch 3 was about 10k USD for a 4 module

big difference
The exchange rate at the time of batch 3 sales was $75
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

all refunds are in full, in addition

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

mdbssm

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:34:57 AM

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

Fair enough, and thanks for the full refund option.

But for those who still want their avalons, would you not consider either a partial refund or a credit towards other avalon products, given that batch 3 will not return the purchase price in one month but now 3+ months.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:50:13 AM

Fair enough, and thanks for the full refund option.

But for those who still want their avalons, would you not consider either a partial refund or a credit towards other avalon products, given that batch 3 will not return the purchase price in one month but now 3+ months.

Fair point. But base on batch#2 experience, they will not.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:21:48 AM

Guys come on at the "partial refund me bitches". He will find a way to 'compensate' us, whether it be compatibility, first born child (split into shares) or something else. The best decision for his business would be a discount on future purchases.

But then again, he quite rightly wants to go back to hardware development so we can all stfu Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: