Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch #3 & More  (Read 5868 times)
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:46:33 PM

It's not like everyone didn't try and warn all the batch 3 people that they wouldn't ROI.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155345.msg1649240#msg1649240

Thing is I was good with first delivery date (which was beginning of May). If I had Avalon on that time I would make ROI easy. With all those delays Im not sure.
Gamble on batch#3 WAS how much hashrate jumps (BFL, AM) in May, and WASNT how much delayed deliver will be.
Thats why I think batch#3 deserve partial refund, as price was based on 1 Month ROI.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:59:18 PM

in the photo you posted, it is hard to see but it does appear that the heatsinks are the same distance from the fans as previously, however in the photo from the back, the heatsinks are nearly butted up against the back of the case.  in my batch 2, there is a 3 inch gap betweent the end of the heatsink and the case.  so to me it seems the heatsinks (or modules) are 3 inches longer than batch 1 & 2? or the cases 3 inches shorter?  or 2 different case designs in pics maybe too.
Yes your observations are right. For full completeness, I would need to correct my previous post: I swapped Front and Back

Front is where the cold air gets sucked in

Back is where the hot air gets blown out

The motherboard has moved to the front of the machine, where the two LEDs are.

They could have moved the Control Unit up a few cm and place the motherboard under it.

But then what happened to the third fan? Are there only 2 fans in the front of the machine now?

In the previous Batch #1 and Batch #2, the motherboard was placed in the back, where all the hot air
exited. As was the Batch #1 USB hub
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

It's not like everyone didn't try and warn all the batch 3 people that they wouldn't ROI.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155345.msg1649240#msg1649240

Thing is I was good with first delivery date (which was beginning of May). If I had Avalon on that time I would make ROI easy. With all those delays Im not sure.
Gamble on batch#3 WAS how much hashrate jumps (BFL, AM) in May, and WASNT how much delayed deliver will be.
Thats why I think batch#3 deserve partial refund, as price was based on 1 Month ROI.

Everyone would be happy if Avalon had shipped when they said and not sat on the units for themselves.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

dream on Wink
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

Forget Batch #3! When are they sending the CHIPS?  Roll Eyes

koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:08:31 PM

I hope in 3 months from now  Cool
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:06:55 PM

after a well deserved break and Chinese new year.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 07:52:01 PM

I am in a difficult situation...

A. I can't get a refund, because all Avalon's were bought in a group buy and some people paid 2x what we originally paid to take over shares. These people would be pretty mad if I all the sudden got a refund and they lost half their money.

B. I have paid 3 months rent and bills now at the commercial space where I have planned to host the equipment.

I hope Avalon is happy with themselves, this has been one of the worst business decisions ever for me to decide to host Avalons, due to Avalon's delays. They certainly owe it to their batch 3 customers- I hope they give back somehow, but I am doubtful that they will. Otherwise, Avalon is no different from BFL, and I will never forget about this or buy an Avalon product ever again.

Avalon got greedy and decided to jack the prices up to $10k a machine due to how much money they were making. But, since we get them 3 months late this price is unacceptable now, I don't think Avalon would pay this price themselves. I hope that Avalon and company still have a heart and realize that they screwed batch 3 customers (but again, I am doubtful we will see any recourse).

I was very jealous of your group buy. I would love to have organized something like that and was wondering how all of the escrow sellers and group buyers were handling this. I'm sorry you seem to be a bit screwed now but I still have complete faith that Avalon will make things right for batch 3 in one way or another.  Some evidence is that we have heard nothing and as we have been told, that is good news Wink

Avalon lives or dies by bitcoin and we are choosing to live or die by Avalon.  Let it ride.

I wish the Avalon team good luck in getting this batch out the door and getting back to their engineering.  I think their next gen will make kncminer, etc. look like ASIC 1.1, not ASIC 2.0 and I look forward to ordering one... if I make enough BTC back by then.

Did anyone else notice that in the photos in the latest update, the heatsinks seem much closer to the case edges??  Smaller case?  Bigger heatsinks?  Different placement? *speculates*

I have extended him an offer to host with me.   I am already committed so hopefully this will help him out.   Wanted to do something.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:13:24 PM

I have extended him an offer to host with me.   I am already committed so hopefully this will help him out.   Wanted to do something.

Yes. Committed to locking in your own profit at the cost of holding all your share holders at a bind all the while claiming you work "for" your share holders. Wanted to do something? How about responding to my PMs?

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓