Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:59:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HitBTC scam!  (Read 24650 times)
Apekool

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:38:20 AM

After some digging the following company also seems to have a connection to HitBtc.

Cryptopay INC Ltd

GUNIASHOV, Dmitrii (<-- registered owner)
ACTIVE
Correspondence address 145/147, Hatfield Road, St. Albans, England, AL1 4JY
Role Director
Date of birth November 1988
Appointed on 14 October 2013
Nationality Russian
Country of residence United Kingdom
Occupation Director

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08730592
https://cryptopay.me/

Address: Flat 3, 92 Wilton Road
London
SW1V 1DU

The address corresponds with the address of HitBtc's initial shareholder and owner, Georgii Basiladze (born 24/08/87 in Russia). There are/were several more companies registered on that address, and in at least one of them both Georgii and Dmitrii are registered as active directors. They actually changed the addresses some time ago, so the link wasn't visible immediately, but np, the internet will find out.

CPS TRANSFERS LIMITED
Company number 10311113
Registered office address 145/147 Hatfield Road, St. Albans, England, AL1 4JY
Company status Active
Company type Private limited Company
Incorporated on 3 August 2016

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10311113/persons-with-significant-control

2 active persons with significant control / 0 active statements

Mr Dmitrii Guniashov
ACTIVE
Notified on 6 April 2017
Date of birth November 1988
Nationality Russian
Country of residence England

Nature of control
Ownership of shares – More than 25% but not more than 50%
Ownership of voting rights - More than 25% but not more than 50%
Right to appoint and remove directors

and

Mr Georgii Basiladze
ACTIVE
Notified on 6 April 2017
Date of birth August 1987
Nationality Russian
Country of residence Russia

Nature of control
Ownership of shares – More than 25% but not more than 50%
Ownership of voting rights - More than 25% but not more than 50%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:40:06 AM

What kind of multi-million dollar exchange has such poor poor service??

HitBTC. Smiley The thing with this exchange is that it has had a very questionable reputation since its very first public appearance. It's like 50% of its user base has no real issues with this exchange, and the other 50% experiences problems all the time. It's a structural problem they suffer from, that nowadays has grown to even larger proportions. But then again, there are more exchanges that can't cope up with the increased usage, especially when it comes to their support. It's like they don't want to invest in expanding their entire staff that's meant to handle support tickets in a timely manner. I don't see it getting any better in the upcoming months....

unicorn logo...zero red flags :-D haha

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:49:23 AM

His business partner is Dmitri Gunyashov, russian citizen living in London:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/916590165/MR-DMITRII-GUNIASHOV/summary
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dgunyashov

Not sure how they are related to the business, but the investigation should start with them

The development and support service is based in Talinn, Estonia
I have the address of an office building at:

Metro Plaza, Viru Valjak 2, Tallinn, Estonia, 10111

I also have an address in Denmark: Orestad boulevard 73 2300 Copenhagen HITechnologies K/S

If the owner are indeed Russian and you want to find them, then you can pool a number of defrauded customers, build up a class action and hire a IT and russian investigator to find the huys behind the company. Many guys from the security services sell their services for investigative jobs

Address from which the operation runs in the UK

Flat 3, 92 Wilton Road
London
SW1V 1DU

Registered on the name of that Dmitrii as well, and he still rents the place, link

ejhayehm

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:09:24 AM

good thing I have never encountered anything bad on their services in the past. reading all of your rants and experiences help me to avoid using their services in the future. I have considered them recently to deposit my remaining btc.
Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:40:35 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 08:18:43 AM by Apekool

Apparently HitBtc has a registration in Hongkong as of 28 march 2017, having left the United Kingdom because no annual return (AR01) has ever been filed. Financial position is therefore unknown. Hit Solution Limited is registered in Hong-Kong jurisdiction with the company number 2510720. It might probably move out of there as well, as soon as the HK authorities demand for the annual return / financial position to be filed, which of course is by definition flawed.

CR No.:   2510720
Company Name:   Hit Solution Limited
Company Type:   Private company limited by shares
Date of Incorporation:   28-MAR-2017
Active Status:   Live
Remarks:   -
Winding Up Mode:   -
Date of Dissolution /
Ceasing to Exist:   -
Register of Charges:   Unavailable
Important Note:   -

Name History
Effective Date   Name Used
28-MAR-2017   Hit Solution Limited

https://www.icris.cr.gov.hk/csci/CBDS_Search.do

Viewing a document can cost up to $200, which might explain their choice for Hongkong after they left the UK in a hurry.

Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:43:39 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 10:41:53 AM by Apekool

His business partner is Dmitri Gunyashov, russian citizen living in London:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/916590165/MR-DMITRII-GUNIASHOV/summary
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dgunyashov

Not sure how they are related to the business, but the investigation should start with them

The development and support service is based in Talinn, Estonia
I have the address of an office building at:

Metro Plaza, Viru Valjak 2, Tallinn, Estonia, 10111

I also have an address in Denmark: Orestad boulevard 73 2300 Copenhagen HITechnologies K/S

If the owner are indeed Russian and you want to find them, then you can pool a number of defrauded customers, build up a class action and hire a IT and russian investigator to find the huys behind the company. Many guys from the security services sell their services for investigative jobs

Address from which the operation runs in the UK

Flat 3, 92 Wilton Road
London
SW1V 1DU

Registered on the name of that Dmitrii as well, and he still rents the place, link

And another private address is registered by Dmitrii according to a filed 2015 Certificate of Incorporation of a Private Limited Company (company nr 10883405):

93 Perryfield Way R
Richmond
United kingdom
TW10 7SL

Incorporation Statement of capital on 2015-01-30 Model articles adopted
Page 6: Initial shareholders
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09414265/filing-history

There is also another address registered under his little brother's name:

Flat 22, 61 Victoria Road
Surbiton
United Kingdom
KT6 4JK

and another address turned up in a filed AR01 from 2013. The document actually states that this is a a service address, but a quick peek on Google shows a private home and the real estate agent states it's in leasehold of the same owner since 2012. That is if their website's data is accurate.

This is probably the address they lived before they moved to an address mentioned earlier (Flat 3-92), see documentation:

AR01 / Annual Return 2013 Mobile Systems Consultancy Ltd
AD01 / Change of Registered Office Address 2014 Mobile Systems Consultancy Ltd

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

Okay so here is my case. I had a recent Ether withdrawal from HitBTC. We all know the excellent swiftness of the ETHER network that any transaction with a good amount of gas will be confirmed within a minute at max. Even every exchange process eth withdrawals quite quickly. But here is Hitbtc. It has much more withdrawal fees than normal exchanges. A fees of 0.01 ETH while its just 0.002 on exchanges like Mercatox. But the main problem is that I processed a withdrawal yesterday and it took more than 24 hours for that withdrawal to get on the ethereum blockchain it was because they didn't even sent the transaction to network for more than 24 hours kept it to themselves.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:59:06 AM

But the main problem is that I processed a withdrawal yesterday and it took more than 24 hours for that withdrawal to get on the ethereum blockchain it was because they didn't even sent the transaction to network for more than 24 hours kept it to themselves.

What was the status of the transaction according to HitBTC? In most cases there are several indications like when a withdrawal needs to be authorized, or that it's pending, etc.... If it according to HitBTC was stated as sent, where most cases an exchange also provides you with a transaction ID, and it still took so long to show up on the network, it's likely them having had technical difficulties. Or it could be that their node wasn't entirely up to date, and for that reason it took so long to push it to the network. While I can understand that it's pretty annoying since you want to have your withdrawal available as soon as possible, this doesn't fit in the category of shady or scam.
LupeKidman

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:04:54 AM

I used to respect hitbtc but after I lost $100 there I became a hater. Now I keep binance acc, coinbase acc and recently got a freewallet acc cause they are really working hard to keep low fees and do btc transactions quite fast and cheep
Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 06:49:55 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 07:30:19 AM by Apekool

...While I can understand that it's pretty annoying since you want to have your withdrawal available as soon as possible, this doesn't fit in the category of shady or scam.

This does

other docs: uk.gov

Wanna bet the annual return forms and financial documentation of Binance and Poloniex show something different than 1 EUR. HitBtc has no activities, no personnel, never had any, says every document. According to the documentation this company never did anything at all. Shell.

Oh and btw, where do all the people that do customer support come from? And do they work for free?

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

Okay so here is my case. I had a recent Ether withdrawal from HitBTC. We all know the excellent swiftness of the ETHER network that any transaction with a good amount of gas will be confirmed within a minute at max. Even every exchange process eth withdrawals quite quickly. But here is Hitbtc. It has much more withdrawal fees than normal exchanges. A fees of 0.01 ETH while its just 0.002 on exchanges like Mercatox. But the main problem is that I processed a withdrawal yesterday and it took more than 24 hours for that withdrawal to get on the ethereum blockchain it was because they didn't even sent the transaction to network for more than 24 hours kept it to themselves.
Not trying to defend them but I know for a fact that both ethereum and bitcoin networks have been clogged for some time and just yesterday even the swift network of eth i had to wait for over an hour to get my eth transaction through which had a decent fee attached to it.

HitBTC needs to own up and convince us that they have the experience to deliver better services to the crypto users and some of their fees are ridiculously expensive i wonder how they compute these numbers they need to readjust them to be more fair and competitive on the market
drmarcobelli

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

HitBTC is really the ugliest exchange I've ever used.

With tons of problems! There's is a chance that you're withdrawal will not proceed.
I wouldn't advise anyone to use them.
Also their withdrawal fees are crazy, $10 for ETH, almost a buck for Ripple??

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:03:21 PM

If you have fallen victim to the practice of HitBtc, file a complaint:

Report international scams online!

econsumer.gov is a partnership of more than 35 consumer protection agencies around the world.

Your complaint helps authorities spot trends and combat fraud.

You can file a complaint for international fraud here:

https://www.econsumer.gov/#crnt

ebay1990

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:18:42 PM

But the main problem is that I processed a withdrawal yesterday and it took more than 24 hours for that withdrawal to get on the ethereum blockchain it was because they didn't even sent the transaction to network for more than 24 hours kept it to themselves.

What was the status of the transaction according to HitBTC? In most cases there are several indications like when a withdrawal needs to be authorized, or that it's pending, etc.... If it according to HitBTC was stated as sent, where most cases an exchange also provides you with a transaction ID, and it still took so long to show up on the network, it's likely them having had technical difficulties. Or it could be that their node wasn't entirely up to date, and for that reason it took so long to push it to the network. While I can understand that it's pretty annoying since you want to have your withdrawal available as soon as possible, this doesn't fit in the category of shady or scam.
They will try to correct those conditions soon. HitBTC trading platform is a big trading platform, you can delay transactions can contact the support they will help you. I'm trading there and I see them great
mekky1990

Activity: 101
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:06:15 AM

the same thing happen to me but with Cryptopia but that's not a scam or something bad at all cuz the ETH network had overload , i'm  not defending on HitBtc cuz they have no support and that's a strange thing, for now just avoid that exchange
mekky1990

Activity: 101
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:16:36 AM

check Coinsmarkets.com and you will know what scam exchange look like  Angry Angry
jdragon

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:13:13 AM

They will try to correct those conditions soon. HitBTC trading platform is a big trading platform, you can delay transactions can contact the support they will help you. I'm trading there and I see them great

Wow sound like you work for them.

Try to read there support forum... how many thread still suffering on waiting for their deposit.

My self have been waiting for 4days long now. I have test same coin on other exchange.... got them within 4 minutes.

so what can explain the case. some people still waiting week after week.

my advice please do not deposit anything there if you willing to loose it all.
poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:16:49 AM

omg, I used the exchange for a few times... but not a lot of coins, it seems there is not a lot of good coins traded there and fees are very high.
jdragon

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:25:56 PM

How funny.

I got reply to my ticket asking to be patience.

There response come in 5days after submitting tickets. they said didnt expect delay on deposit.

What about delay on response to ticket at least Huh? did they expect that???

When you try to type into chat msg.

this is what i type and they filter it out and banned me.

"to the moon on this exchange... with such delay on deposit and withdraw... to the moon where?

HOW THE HELL YOU GET BANNED WITH SUCH WRITING... NO RUDE WORDS.

I dont think i ever get my fund back from this exchange.
Until then i do my best not letting another victim like myself fall for such fraud and scam
Apekool

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:04:43 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 09:57:46 PM by Apekool

Wow sound like you work for them.

That's odd because there is no documentation listing any employees  Grin

The previous owners (director and major shareholders) did the right thing by getting rid of this exchange. The company with which they originally started before getting into this nonsense still runs smoothly, and is far less confusing when following the data/paper trail. By taking a quick peek in the UK company registers (company nr 08730592) it seems this is a nice up and running company; it earns money, the filed documents add up, it earns money, the financial situation is filed, it earns money, and most importantly they don't hide anywhere that this is their company, in fact they show themselves on the website.

The fact that they actually run a company in the crypto market that earns them free income for some years already implies that the need of hosting an illegitimate exchange on the side isn't actually there. Getting involved with HitBtc might in the end even work against them.

It is probable that the situation of HitBtc in the UK (that is until March 6 2017, documents: Application to strike the company off the register) was as followed:

- Crime boss smells money
- Crime boss wants crypto currency exchange platform
- Crime boss pays someone to sign the paperwork  
- That someone pretends to be the owner
- Company runs for up to <2 years and dissolves because of inactivity or files a request to dissolve

and the cycle starts over.. and the crime boss can be anyone and will of course never be found.

edit: <2 years btw because that is the maximum amount of time you can evade a government tax bureau

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: