Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total  (Read 116344 times)
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:29:55 PM

Thanks. I will try it out

PS: dmdpool has solved another super block: 30 coins (202499)
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:24:49 PM

Please vote for Diamond and comment if you want DMD price to skyrocket https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297020.0     Grin It will be part of marketing activities that DMD needs
Cygnify

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:26:08 PM

Where can i buy this coin atm?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:28:38 PM

Where can i buy this coin atm?

You should wait up Cryptsy re-list DMD/BTC (very soon).

rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:51:02 PM

Please vote for Diamond and comment if you want DMD price to skyrocket https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297020.0     Grin It will be part of marketing activities that DMD needs

Done ©
rfcdejong

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:10:46 AM

After successfully solo mining diamond a bit, finding like one diamond each 10 minutes on average, it now doesn't work anymore..
Internal server error 500 after i find a block

zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:25:36 AM

After successfully solo mining diamond a bit, finding like one diamond each 10 minutes on average, it now doesn't work anymore..
Internal server error 500 after i find a block

did you try to restart the miner? What was the result?
rfcdejong

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:46:12 AM

haven't tried to restart it, i went back to some safety blockfactory mining.. might try it tomorrow, since i'm going to bed now Smiley
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:16:32 AM

Please join dmdpool.net. It will increase your possibility to solve blocks. Even you can not, you are paid by what you contribute
rfcdejong

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:42:19 AM

Please join dmdpool.net. It will increase your possibility to solve blocks. Even you can not, you are paid by what you contribute

i did, mined in the pool for an hour and got 1 diamond.
Solo mining gives like 5 diamonds in 1 hour, because the network speed is so low
rfcdejong

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:43:29 PM

Restarting cgminer with no supernodes in the conf this time, still the internal server error 500.
Pool mining now, just until i got like 100 diamonds Smiley
gmg

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:48:29 PM

Solo mining gives like 5 diamonds in 1 hour, because the network speed is so low

Solo mining will give you lots of variation. You may get 5 diamonds in one hour and then no diamond for the next 8 hours.

Pool mining gives more predictable winnings - plus, you keep the network secure.

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Building some new windows bins for testing and then release.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:46:08 PM

Solo mining will give you lots of variation. You may get 5 diamonds in one hour and then no diamond for the next 8 hours.

Pool mining gives more predictable winnings - plus, you keep the network secure.

with a low net difficulty, it's always better to solo mining, ALWAYS

no fee, no stupid ddos, no maintenance and other shit
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:27:36 AM

with a low net difficulty, it's always better to solo mining, ALWAYS

no fee, no stupid ddos, no maintenance and other shit

Pros and Cons for each; I run a pool for Spots [SPT] after running solo for a while and there is a HUGE difference in earnings. Solo mining takes longer overall with a higher risk for orphaned blocks.

Pooled mining over the longer term because of (as mentioned before) predictable earnings and more blocks found. Most likely you just make more money on pools versus solo as well.
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:59:36 AM

I will buy some DMD .... any interest PM me, will talk about details

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:44:18 AM

New Diamond 1.0.2 Windows QT and the return of diamondD Client.

-new client cps to bypass dead fork
-graphics, icons updated
-version update
-temp fix for reported errors...

Source:
https://github.com/DMDcoin/diamondcoin

download( zip includes QT and diamondD)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/DMD/

Make sure to check your block with:
http://dmdpool.net/
which is running 1.0.2

*diamondd has an issue will add later
dMUWewcXaqqA3bPnKA4ch6u8gmxTv3kZtk

digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:44:31 AM

Downloading ... Thanks
leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:18:06 AM

Trying to do just that, but "Please check your mailbox to activate this account" how long does it usually take to receive this? ..and yes I check spam as well.

Edit: Please disregard. It showed up right after I posted..of course.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
gmg

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:25:49 AM

I did some research on DMD block chain recently and found that

Trading

Lots of people trades this coin until it is de-listed from Cryptsy and other exchanges to help developers fix the blockchain. BigVern, Cryptsy owner said he would open it up once again when the bug was fixed

Developers

There are 2 new developers or maintainers. Two, not one. That makes me very excited. Most of altcoins has 1 developer only. zuper said he had a team behind DMD. A team? Definitely, he wants to do something big with DMD. The best thing in a altcoin is its developers and action plans to promote it. I see those in DMD

Transactions
+ DMD transaction is fast, much faster than both Litecoin and Bitcoin. Fast transaction is a very important feature. Buyers and merchants should not wait for too long to see if their contract has any progress. However, DMD transaction speed is good enough to keep the network stable. 1 minute is good. 30 seconds like what you see in WDC is too fast, making network unstable because of high network latency and delayed synchronization
+ DMD supports transaction message that helps third party developers integrate DMD into their website or payment system, activation system easily. For example, you can send some DMD coins to a merchant wallet together with a secret, encrypted message. The receiver decrypts the message, extract useful information (user_id, contract_id, product_id, key ...) to handle the payment. It should open up a huge opportunity for merchants to accept it.

Branding
DMD has a very nice, luxury name which

++ makes easier for merchants to include it or promote it in their website. For example, they can accept DMD donation. Diamond is precious, luxury. It is WOW factor when a merchant or website mentions that they accept Diamond. Customer will be curious. That's the purpose.
++ It can be used as rewards or virtual present or gift. Remember Tencent e-money Q Coin? It increases customer satisfaction if merchants rewards Diamond to customers who buy their products. It reminds me of Cryptsy Points. However, Cryptsy Points can not be withdrawn and traded outside of Cryptsy. Diamond does. Diamond make customers feel that they are rewarded with luxury gifts, which they appreciate. It is good for merchant brand.

Scarcity

DMD is scarce. This is an important feature:

++ No one owns a lot of coins to manipulate the market
++ It makes people who hold coins think it worth something because almost DMD holder has a few of them only.

Energy efficiency

DMD is much energy efficient than Litecoin and Bitcoin. It is not a Proof of Work coin. It combines best features of Proof of Work and Proof of Stake. You can leave the wallet open, without running cgminer to mine PoS coins.

In long term, this feature is very important because it keeps the network stable. People do not need to run cgminer all the time to mine or verify transaction

Woman friendly

Woman and shopping: yes. You know what I am saying. 4.5 billion people. And other 4.5 billion want to make woman happy

DMD is woman friendly: requires no energy if she wants, beautiful name, luxury and precious feeling that woman loves. Woman love collecting things that are precious right? Also, woman likes things that represent love. Remember: diamond engagement ring. No altcoin can do it better than DMD

Gaming

DMD may be adopted by gaming industry too. Diamond is something very familiar to gamers. It can be part of rewarding items or payment system in games. Using the same reward that can be exchanged freely on the market will connect gamers and indie developers together. Let me think about it.

Stability
DMD price is stable. No big bet on it yet. The price is quite cheap now. Remember May 29, 2010? A guy trades 10 000 BTC for 25 USD http://www.slideshare.net/mapsofworld/is-bitcoin-the-future-of-money and now those BTCs worth 1 mil.

Profit

I have earned more than 50k USD from selling BTC. It looks like BTC is hard to triple its price in a year. DMD can. No one can say any certain thing about the future. But it worths a try. If I spends 500 - 1000 USD in DMD, I hope I can earn 500 - 1000% profit in a year. DMD price is quite cheap. In a bad case, I think that I can sell them without any loss in a year. However, it will be long term investment. It is normal to lose 500 USD/day when trading LTC on BTC-e. Ha ha

I still do research more about DMD when waiting for the next DMD wallet release and Cryptsy to open DMD exchange up

Thanks for your comment

From another thread, but an excellent post. Just had to copy it here.

Thanks digicoin, you put the case for DMD excellently! I'm so thrilled this coin is receiving so much support now, it deserves it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: