Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:59:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9  (Read 4927 times)
Jluyt123

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:34:22 PM

I am in if you are still perusing this
btc-haze

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:38:11 PM

are you already mining at your factory ? a few pics of some machines that are already running would be nice

There you go.
BTW I'm not going to ask anybody to send me any money/BTC .. I'm talking to them about paying directly to Bitmain.
Gosh some people around here are cynical assholes.

https://ibb.co/bTJ3Pm
https://ibb.co/cMXV4m

I don't have 500 yet, but it's a start (:
In any case it doesn't seem like there is enough interest at this point to get this done.

nice .. will Bitmain accept your order with all the payments broken up ? im def. interested.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:47:26 AM

im still interested as well
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:58:37 AM

are you already mining at your factory ? a few pics of some machines that are already running would be nice

There you go.
BTW I'm not going to ask anybody to send me any money/BTC .. I'm talking to them about paying directly to Bitmain.

In any case it doesn't seem like there is enough interest at this point to get this done.
You are really saying there is no interest in buying S9s? Really?
nemopowertools (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:26:42 AM

There you go.

My list is at about ~20 people right now, and I want to buy 100 myself.
But the minimum order will be 500
If you can find 380 more people who want in, it will happen.
Price will most likely be around $2500 but I'm waiting on the official quote and delivery date.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:37:38 AM

There you go.

Price will most likely be around $2500 but I'm waiting on the official quote and delivery date.
So you don't have a price or a delivery date and you expect people to commit? The problem is not the demand, there's plenty of it, the problem is that you are not making any sense.
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:36:26 PM

There you go.

So you don't have a price or a delivery date and you expect people to commit? The problem is not the demand, there's plenty of it, the problem is that you are not making any sense.

I'm not asking anybody to commit at this point. Just say if they're interested to see if it's even possible to pull off.
Once I have enough people on the list, I'll ask Bitmain for exact dates. The answers I got so far on the phone are "dealer prices are 5% cheaper" and "We will ship large dealer batches before the individual orders from the site".
Telzey

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:52:18 AM

Interested for 3-5 units
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:10:55 AM

Interested in 10 units.
FatAnt

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:46:11 AM

• BTC difficulty jumps in Jan. 2018
  • BTC prices heading down
  • S9 price double from last month

= less enthusiasm than I had 6 weeks ago.  Still interested in several S9's.

Sounds like you'll need to build/allocate some sort of area to house the miner racks, provision AC power, exhaust hot air, etc..
any idea how much that will cost and what the hosting overhead might be?
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:50:44 AM

Sounds like you'll need to build/allocate some sort of area to house the miner racks, provision AC power, exhaust hot air, etc..

Already have that covered for myself (100 units)
I have lots of space in my factory in China.
I'm no longer planning on hosting anybody else's machines though, it seems like alot of headache.

Still waiting on the official written quotes.. Will update as soon as I get it.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:21:03 PM

Mostly noobs willing to bend over and buy used miners ,wait months and pay top dollar for it.  Just be patience fellas bye the time these s9's ship there will be something better out.  Bitmain know this thats why there screwing people over so bad right now because they know its probably the last time they'll be able to do it before competition hits. 

i hope you are right, and i think you are.. im glad i didnt buy at that price.. i see ebang has posted that they have 10nm devices ready to ship jan 20th (not on sale yet, and also their description page shows 14nm, so im confused). we will see what happened. i ended up ordering one 741 but i may re-sell it depending on what comes out in Jan/Feb.
FatAnt

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:11:27 PM

Already have that covered for myself (100 units)
I have lots of space in my factory in China.
I'm no longer planning on hosting anybody else's machines though, it seems like alot of headache.
Still waiting on the official written quotes.. Will update as soon as I get it.

With a 100 units, you can expect some DOAs.  You'll gain experience dealing with Bitmain 'warranty' process.

I'd be willing to pay extra to have your IT staff unpack 'my' S9's, fire them up, configure them to run on your pool for a week or so and ship me only working units.  Your staff could chase Bitmain to get the DOAs replaced/repaired much more efficiently than I could from a different continent.
crypto_curious

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:45:18 PM

With a 100 units, you can expect some DOAs.  You'll gain experience dealing with Bitmain 'warranty' process.

I'd be willing to pay extra to have your IT staff unpack 'my' S9's, fire them up, configure them to run on your pool for a week or so and ship me only working units.  Your staff could chase Bitmain to get the DOAs replaced/repaired much more efficiently than I could from a different continent.

+1 here. I am puzzled about some people selling "new unpacked" hardware from Bitmain, are actually arguing when asked to open them and test them for me (a buyer). I actually value more an opened, slightly "used" miner than a grey box with big question mark inside it.
When I used to do early bird mining back in 2013-2014, I would open every single box, mine it for couple of minutes at least, or overnight if they would stay that long (when I was importing staff to sell to friends). And people were really thankful for that, not other way around like these days.
stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:22:27 PM

There you go.

Hi Nemo,

I'm interested in getting about 5-8 units.

If the price of S9 is hodling at usd2500.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
nightwolfz

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:35:40 PM

Had to create an account after an eternity of lurking just for this message.

I might be interested in purchasing 240 units if I can get a confirmation by email or otherwise from bitmain and have my share be shipped to a warehouse of my choice in China.

You can contact me at admin[at]city[dot]life  (yup it's a .life)
crypto_curious

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:56:49 PM

Had to create an account after an eternity of lurking just for this message.

I might be interested in purchasing 240 units if I can get a confirmation by email or otherwise from bitmain and have my share be shipped to a warehouse of my choice in China.

You can contact me at admin[at]city[dot]life  (yup it's a .life)

Now we're talking  Grin
To OP, this request is worth pursuing, I guess.
newnewminer

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:59:42 PM

Sent a pm on reddit where he also posted, saying i'm interested in 50-100 units, maybe more. That was 2 days ago. Haven't heard back yet...
crypto_curious

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:52:24 PM

Sent a pm on reddit where he also posted, saying i'm interested in 50-100 units, maybe more. That was 2 days ago. Haven't heard back yet...

-_-'

They are everywhere, like a plague  Angry
CryptoCurt615

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:40:54 AM

I'm in. Interested in 20 - S9s.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: