Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold 100 Cryptocurrencies for 5 Years - Week 1 - $404 USD in profit  (Read 591 times)
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:37:37 PM

Sharing this cool experiment on crypto, consist of holding 100 cryptos for 5 years, investing $10 on the top 100 on coinmarketcap. So far with $404 USD in profit on the initial $1000 invested seems like the experiment is doing well.

What do you think about it? Could it be an actual good strategy to spread the investment on many coins? has any of you done something similar?

https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-cryptocurrencies-for-5-years-week-1-404-usd-in-profit/
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:26:13 PM

That's a pretty great start! I'll be following the blog - many of my coins are on that list anyway!
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:31:35 PM

Pretty cool idea. But I am not sure if I would want to hold for 5 years. But then we never know, and you might get lucky and invest in the next facebook or google. I am sure you will end up making good money.

Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:42:48 PM

Pretty cool idea. But I am not sure if I would want to hold for 5 years. But then we never know, and you might get lucky and invest in the next facebook or google. I am sure you will end up making good money.

I would sell for a decent profit but then it won’t respect the experiment rules
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:47:00 PM

awesome, i mean how someone so patience and just hold the coin for 5 years !! if that that were me i absolutly allready sell it and take the profit, keep it like that mate ill following your blog and see can i get profit too

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rajeswari_BTC

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

respect the  rules similar journey I came across on I am sure you will end up making good money !!
But where is end you will decide !!
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:00:35 PM

Sharing this cool experiment on crypto, consist of holding 100 cryptos for 5 years, investing $10 on the top 100 on coinmarketcap. So far with $404 USD in profit on the initial $1000 invested seems like the experiment is doing well.

What do you think about it? Could it be an actual good strategy to spread the investment on many coins? has any of you done something similar?

https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-cryptocurrencies-for-5-years-week-1-404-usd-in-profit/

I am not much convinced from your experiment. First reason is that the sole amount is not much to give effective result. If seen singular then only $10 has been invested which isn't enough to take advantage of promising coins due to excessive diversification in shitty coins too.
Then secondly, during last one month Crypto Market was extremely bullish. This may not be in coming months and you may end up bearing losses. Also if you chose some 5-6 promising coins in last month, your profits may have been 100-150% than 40%
Igorgnome

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:03:25 PM

Interesting and very simple. I think this strategy has minimal risk and will give a good result.  I would take the top 10 coins. Now I doubt it. May invest in 100 also?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:47:35 PM

Interesting and very simple. I think this strategy has minimal risk and will give a good result.  I would take the top 10 coins. Now I doubt it. May invest in 100 also?

What do you mean exactly?
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:07:40 PM

I think 70% of the tokens you picked will under perform long term, but those that will win will do very well, I believe the samples size is too many, I would have prefer something like 20 to 30 selected coins

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:28:17 PM

Interesting idea. Your portfolio is diversified. $404 however is a lot in 1 week. I'm interested in how much you lost in fees and how many wallets you have? I have never done it but I have looked into doing it for the top 20...
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:35:37 PM

It's definitely interesting, but I would say that it is a terrible strategy.
It's basically diversification on crack and too much of something is never good.

Also, it seems to be more like betting rather than strategic investing.
Since the only thing that is considered is coinmarketcap, there was no thought or research put into what you are actually buying.
That would be like going into a super market in a foreign country, and buying one item of every single thing in the produce section even if you don't know what the food is.
I'm guessing that that strategy would give you quite a bit of foods you purchased that you end up not liking.

Another thing to consider is that 2018 will be very different than 2017.
BTC has entered hyper inflation mode and it's spilling into eth and ltc.
One thing to consider though, is that there are a lot of even top 30 coins that are just not rising in price well.
Most of the surge in price is a direct result of the btc inflation rather than actual real money flowing into these coins.
Take a look at Monero vs. say omg, or qtum, or so many others.

I think in 2018 you will see more cases of this where coins with real uses and solid tech will do extremely well and all of the others will stagnate.

Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:44:08 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 11:11:45 AM by Carmen01

predict is good or bad because it's no assurance,no one know if the crypto is still here after 5 years or we have this after 5 years that all i can say and that is negative.But now i think we experience already the future of crypto that we have digital money with high price so is the positive here.Invest now but not all of your money and that is safety move to do with this volatile price of digital money or bitcoin.

Cop999

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:45:04 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 08:57:38 PM by Cop999

Very interesting project.
Although of course 100 coins are very much, it is better to choose not more than 25 coins. My opinion.
On the other hand, it will be more interesting.
If the cryptomarket does not crash, then in 5 years you will become a rich man.
Good luck. I will be follow up the project.
Kakkles

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:46:23 PM

Very interesting project! Please keep sharing your progress, looking forward to seeing it next week!
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:50:11 PM

I really admire your perseverance waiting. Five years is not a short time, but with that small amount of money you have made a small profit. Most people are impatient and sell cryptos when it raises prices. With Bitcoin, too, if everyone waited patiently, maybe now you have become rich with it
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:04:59 PM

Very interesting idea I will follow your site. Maybe better hold maximum 50 crypto
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:16:18 PM

It make sense because investing into multiple currencies actually gives us more odds of winning the game. I actually read this somewhere on this forum only. I mean it is really easy to work out when we talk about the math behind this. With multiple currency investment we get to hit the stone in a crowd and this means that hitting the target is far easier. I understand what you want to show us here, by multi coin investment we can see mass effect on the profits. For example, 100 coins moving by few cents is nothing but our investment moving by few dollars if considered altogether. Yeah thats pretty awesome. However putting stakes on 100 coins isn't possible because some of them might dump crazy zero and we may need to over come that $10 investment first before we can proceed for profit window.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:20:22 PM

Interesting, don't stop updating the thread and don't get tempted to sell early either or we will never see the true result.
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:21:33 PM

I really admire your perseverance waiting. Five years is not a short time, but with that small amount of money you have made a small profit. Most people are impatient and sell cryptos when it raises prices. With Bitcoin, too, if everyone waited patiently, maybe now you have become rich with it

That much patience is too much. We can't wait forever by holding those tons of tokens. 5 years is too much, and it would make a pressure on me. Waiting for years is the job of rich people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: