Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: BAIKAL GIANT B - WWW.BITTAWMART.COM - ORDERS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED  (Read 7774 times)
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:43:09 AM

I've just received email back from Baikal saying that I can now place my order for Giant B. Payment to be made within 24 hrs and with BTC. Its looks genuine but it sounds to good to be true doesn't it!??

make sure you have the right baikal

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haryuki

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:56:54 AM

Strange,

I received an email this morning

«Hi,

Thank you for your contacting.
 Now we don’t have any miner for sale. please pay some attetion on our announcement, any news we will update it on there. Please understand we do have no news could share with you at the moment.»

My question was when the next batch will be.

crypto-world

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:03:58 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 09:14:55 AM by crypto-world

Many resellers sell Baikal Giant B in Alibaba. Fake or not?
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:10:00 AM

Many resellers sell Baigal B in Alibaba. Fake or not?

most on aliexpress are fake

ASICMINERMARKET ARE SCAMMERS TOO

beware of impersonators
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:17:59 AM

What’s the likelihood these miners sky rocket difficultly into oblivion and the machines make 8 bucks a day, like the D3s on x11. I got burned by D3s 😒

Ok This is the situation. Baikal is stating delivery Baikal B 160 ghs  by January if they keep delivery promised you will be able to mine at high profit until June. In June there is Obelisk releasing dcr1 1500 ghs 28 nm semi custom asic and the sia miner SC1 800ghs. Then there is another company DCRasic which will be releasing the Materia 1 Turbo full custom asic 16 nm with hash rate of 3 ths (impressive) . So Baikal B with FPGA chips running at 160 ghs cannot compete with the new miners released in June and will only be profitable with LBRY and pascal. So this would be a high risk investment.
Papaspider

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:08:22 PM

Thank you for the advice.
I want to get into ASIC mining.  The Baikal Giant B seems to good to be true. Still would love to get one, or two and sell them in June.
I guess I should get in the preorders for the 2nd batch of Obelisk which will ship on or before August 31, 2018. Which miner, the one for Decred with the DCR1 miner or Siacoin with the SC1?
mifer2311

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:07:23 PM

Hey all.

Back again with this cool new product:

Baikal Giant B:

Blake256R14/Blake256R8/Blake2B/Lbry/Pascal
Hash Rate:
Blake256R14 - 160GHS - 410w
Blake256R8 - 160GHS - 260w
Blake2B - 80GHS - 300w
Lbry - 40GHS - 400w
Pascal - 40GHS - 210w

Power supply:ATX Power(12V 6Pin connector * 6)
Interface:1 X Ethernet
Temp Operation:0 ~ 40 ℃
Dimension:312mm(L) x 125mm(W) x 130(H)
Weight:3800g

Buy here: https://bittawmart.com/products/baikal-giant-b-pre-order-for-january

I'm interested in a giant-b, send to Brazil? When?
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:03:26 PM

What’s the likelihood these miners sky rocket difficultly into oblivion and the machines make 8 bucks a day, like the D3s on x11. I got burned by D3s 😒
You have to consider Obelisk also, delivering in June or sooner (well, or later). That will take DCR and SIA out of reach, leaving for now only Pascal and Lbry that can get saturated more easily. Also Baikal (and most suppliers) can be late. I definitely think it's high risk, I actually passed on this one.

june batch is sold on (Directly from them anyway) its August now
tummymumma

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:08:30 PM

I've just received email back from Baikal saying that I can now place my order for Giant B. Payment to be made within 24 hrs and with BTC. Its looks genuine but it sounds to good to be true doesn't it!??

Careful,

There are a lot of scammers.   Alot of fake Baikal Skype addresses and emails etc... I thought Baikal only accepted payment of type USD?  Just be careful TeamPaws --
Rogue_322

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:21:39 PM

You have to consider Obelisk also, delivering in June or sooner (well, or later). That will take DCR and SIA out of reach, leaving for now only Pascal and Lbry that can get saturated more easily. Also Baikal (and most suppliers) can be late. I definitely think it's high risk, I actually passed on this one.
Hey, thanks for info about obelisk. So what your thoughts on it? have u made it to first batch? It is us based company isnt it?
Dudukian

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:44:48 PM

Hey, thanks for info about obelisk. So what your thoughts on it? have u made it to first batch? It is us based company isnt it?

If people think the Giant B is a risk , the Obelisk is much worse .  Sia coin has never been very profitable for mining and will get much worse  . It's a real sh*t coin IMO for other reasons as well.    Decred has been the best coin of these two miners but will be flooded with new hashing power causing a rapid decline in profitability.  However , it may be abandoned by convention GPU miners which could create a rebound of sorts for the asics.

The best position for both short and long term is to have the Giant B mine Library ,  Pascal or Pascal Lite .    This should be a profitable niche for quite some time.  Library and Pascal have always been decent B grade contenders , but the Giant B could be a real game changer .  I don't expect Library to be profitable at $19,000 per month like it is today , but $3500 would be excellent for the next few months.  Blake coin is the other coin that probably won't see action unless both LBRY and Pascal were to tank.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:49:57 PM

If people think the Giant B is a risk , the Obelisk is much worse .  Sia coin has never been very profitable for mining and will get much worse  . It's a real sh*t coin IMO for other reasons as well.    Decred has been the best coin of these two miners but will be flooded with new hashing power causing a rapid decline in profitability.  However , it may be abandoned by convention GPU miners which could create a rebound of sorts for the asics.

The best position for both short and long term is to have the Giant B mine Library ,  Pascal or Pascal Lite .    This should be a profitable niche for quite some time.  Library and Pascal have always been decent B grade contenders , but the Giant B could be a real game changer .  I don't expect Library to be profitable at $19,000 per month like it is today , but $3500 would be excellent for the next few months.  Blake coin is the other coin that probably won't see action unless both LBRY and Pascal were to tank.
For me the big difference here is the company behind the miners. Communicating with Baikal is a nightmare, good luck if you have any issue. Obelisk is unproven since it never shipped anything, but you can easily communicate with them, and they are US based, what gives some legal guarantees.
TeamPaws

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:58:42 PM

Careful,

There are a lot of scammers.   Alot of fake Baikal Skype addresses and emails etc... I thought Baikal only accepted payment of type USD?  Just be careful TeamPaws --

Yeah i noticed on closer inspection a slight change of spelling on their email address , ive sacked the idea of mining for now and will just stick with the buying of alt Smiley
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:53:50 PM

Its a new company that hasn't produced a single product yet.  I think in this day and age buying any altcoin miner is high risk though.
Dudukian

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:53 PM

Its a new company that hasn't produced a single product yet.  I think in this day and age buying any altcoin miner is high risk though.

Defiantly high risk.  The muti algo is what makes these particular models different .  I am running 5 GPU mining rigs and have the flexibility of switching coins .  However , my power consumption /profitability ratio is no where near these new asics .  Running 400 watts instead of 4,000 is a nice advantage.   Also my rigs turn the house into a sauna from the heat . 
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:15:47 PM

hi,bittaw
Is jaiant B you bought from you at the end of January as planned?  Wink Wink Wink
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:24:02 PM

hi,bittaw
Is jaiant B you bought from you at the end of January as planned?  Wink Wink Wink

So far we have not heard of any delays

beware of impersonators
alexhjelm

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

hi,bittaw

So far we have not heard of any delays

Can you send me your skype in PM?
RadFX

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:26:21 AM

So is there still any chance of getting in on a purchase for a Giant B sometime before the profitability starts going down?  I’d be happy with even half of the profit per month (not that I want it go down).
Solovey4ik

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:31:27 AM

Please sign me in for 5-10 in next group buy.
from Canada

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: