Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:27:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: BAIKAL GIANT B - WWW.BITTAWMART.COM - ORDERS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED  (Read 7774 times)
tummymumma

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:09:10 AM

people are dumb if they willing to pay 15k giant b, wait for x10 to be on sale and pay less, what was the price 1400 usd + shipping, no point for overpay, also why buy from re-sellers if you can buy directly from baikal Grin

I was thinking the same thing .  I believe the original X10 sold for $1200 .   I have GPU miners that were producing $9,000 per month last week.  

I spotted X10's on Ebay they are asking $9,000 ,  and that makes more sense than $15,000 for the Giant B.    

At first I thought why would anyone want to sell their Giant B ?   Now , I think its a smart move to dump them at the inflated price and buy something else or even other Giant B's with the proceeds if and when available.  

I wonder if the re-sell prices will drop to $9,000 or so like the X10 ?

Bitmain also just r elease the A3 Blake Miner yesterday at Hashing algorithm     -- Blake(2b)  815GH

I still want a baikal, but I am not paying these insane prices.  the price on bittawmart is 16K now, and the price on ebay is 16-30K -- At 16K its  a huge gamble for me.

we are 15k and not 16k

3 left

Cheers

These things are selling for 16K because of the nicehash profitability calculator.  For a few days, that thing was showing 16k per month as the profit.... most of t he time it was showing 10k.  Bitmain did a good thing with their latest release of the A3 yesterday.  They staged the release over a day and limited quantity to only 1 to make it hard for the resellers to hoard and do what they are doing.   This is really not a supply and demand issue, its a hoarding issue.    There is no way that these people buying this machine at this price will make their money back in under a year.  If you think so, your fooling yourself.   These things do well for a few months, then the cycle repeats.

I respectfully disagree with every point you made.

Actually Library hit $20,000 per month without the need for nicehash.  It bounced from $14,000 - $20,000 for weeks . Mostly stayed above $16,000  A few days ago it dropped to $4500 and its down below $3500 today.   Remember its not a single algorithm miner .  Pasc can be mined for a similar profit.   Even at $15,000 it will pay for itself in 8 months. 

These miners were sold wholesale minimum order of 6 for $3600 and its now defiantly a supply and demand issue .  In fact most of the "Hoarders " on this site sold them for under $4500 which is a pretty modest margin .   Its the personal units that are now being sold for $$$ instead of used for mining .   I think Bitmain made a mistake 1 limit .   The high prices on the open market gives their product a better value with less headache .   

1.  The nicehash profitability calculator is being advertised and used as an example of what can be made per day
2.  Baikal did not sell to the general public, but only to resellers who immediately pushed the price up even before there was a demand. 
3.  Its not the personal units that are being sold for $$$$, look at the thread with itopshop.  The first batch he spread the risk on the forum members and now that he sees the demand, he is charging
    12k per unit for the next group buy.
4.  I don't know how long you have been mining, but do you know how long 8 months is?  In 8 months that miner might be acting as a doorstop, so I dont know how you can count on that.
5.  Bitmain actually did something right, they allowed the general population to buy the unit instead of these resellers who just markup up to 1000% sometimes.  To me that is just ridiculous and they are fleecing the mining community.  Crypto has gained traction and alot of noobs are going to lose their shirts on these things, and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Just take a look at the S9.  2 weeks ago, you couldnt buy that thing for under 5500 at best.  Today I saw someone trying to sell 7 for 3k each

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dudukian

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:05:19 AM

people are dumb if they willing to pay 15k giant b, wait for x10 to be on sale and pay less, what was the price 1400 usd + shipping, no point for overpay, also why buy from re-sellers if you can buy directly from baikal Grin

I was thinking the same thing .  I believe the original X10 sold for $1200 .   I have GPU miners that were producing $9,000 per month last week.  

I spotted X10's on Ebay they are asking $9,000 ,  and that makes more sense than $15,000 for the Giant B.    

At first I thought why would anyone want to sell their Giant B ?   Now , I think its a smart move to dump them at the inflated price and buy something else or even other Giant B's with the proceeds if and when available.  

I wonder if the re-sell prices will drop to $9,000 or so like the X10 ?

Bitmain also just r elease the A3 Blake Miner yesterday at Hashing algorithm     -- Blake(2b)  815GH

I still want a baikal, but I am not paying these insane prices.  the price on bittawmart is 16K now, and the price on ebay is 16-30K -- At 16K its  a huge gamble for me.

we are 15k and not 16k

3 left

Cheers

These things are selling for 16K because of the nicehash profitability calculator.  For a few days, that thing was showing 16k per month as the profit.... most of t he time it was showing 10k.  Bitmain did a good thing with their latest release of the A3 yesterday.  They staged the release over a day and limited quantity to only 1 to make it hard for the resellers to hoard and do what they are doing.   This is really not a supply and demand issue, its a hoarding issue.    There is no way that these people buying this machine at this price will make their money back in under a year.  If you think so, your fooling yourself.   These things do well for a few months, then the cycle repeats.

I respectfully disagree with every point you made.

Actually Library hit $20,000 per month without the need for nicehash.  It bounced from $14,000 - $20,000 for weeks . Mostly stayed above $16,000  A few days ago it dropped to $4500 and its down below $3500 today.   Remember its not a single algorithm miner .  Pasc can be mined for a similar profit.   Even at $15,000 it will pay for itself in 8 months. 

These miners were sold wholesale minimum order of 6 for $3600 and its now defiantly a supply and demand issue .  In fact most of the "Hoarders " on this site sold them for under $4500 which is a pretty modest margin .   Its the personal units that are now being sold for $$$ instead of used for mining .   I think Bitmain made a mistake 1 limit .   The high prices on the open market gives their product a better value with less headache .   

1.  The nicehash profitability calculator is being advertised and used as an example of what can be made per day
2.  Baikal did not sell to the general public, but only to resellers who immediately pushed the price up even before there was a demand. 
3.  Its not the personal units that are being sold for $$$$, look at the thread with itopshop.  The first batch he spread the risk on the forum members and now that he sees the demand, he is charging
    12k per unit for the next group buy.
4.  I don't know how long you have been mining, but do you know how long 8 months is?  In 8 months that miner might be acting as a doorstop, so I dont know how you can count on that.
5.  Bitmain actually did something right, they allowed the general population to buy the unit instead of these resellers who just markup up to 1000% sometimes.  To me that is just ridiculous and they are fleecing the mining community.  Crypto has gained traction and alot of noobs are going to lose their shirts on these things, and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Just take a look at the S9.  2 weeks ago, you couldnt buy that thing for under 5500 at best.  Today I saw someone trying to sell 7 for 3k each

1. Forget nicehash , its based on the resale of hashing power .  For better accuracy , use the other calculators that are based directly on mining.

2. Actually , they did sell to the general public .  They quoted me 6 @ $3600.

3 . Other than a couple of possibly fake sellers on Ebay , most of the units being resold are from people selling their small personal orders and decided to take advantage of the opportunity. 

4. I have mining equipment that makes more money today than it did when I bought it 8 months ago.

5.  Actually nothing really much different.  They were all gone in one day and the A3 is now only available for those who are willing to pay $9,000 .    The winners and losers will be determined later.   At least hey are providing an honest service .   

People be aware of the following fake sites that actually do rip people off:

asicminers.com with an s is a fake site .   The site without the s is selling for $20,000

altmininggear.com .  scam site

baikalminermarket.com   fake scam

Many other scams on Ebay and Alibaba as well.

thecoder2012

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:39:09 AM

Pre-order really possible? With email or skype? Giant B, X10 or both?  Shocked

4. I have mining equipment that makes more money today than it did when I bought it 8 months ago.
Which equipment?  Huh
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:46:19 AM

Which equipment?  Huh

Giant b pre order was sold to public by baikal but with a minimum order of 6 at 3600 each. Through email. They sold out.

Dudukian

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

Which equipment?  Huh

8 months ago , I built a rig with 7x GTX 1070 .  Like the Giant B , it is capable of mining different algorithms . 

At first it mined $850 per month , later dropped to $600 and now earns over $1,000 per month.  It was actually earning about $1500 before last weeks Bitcoin correction

I don't believe the other poster understands the concept of the low wattage efficiency and multi algo's of the Baikal miner .  A typical Asic will mine a single algorithm at 1300 watts.   The Baikal can mine multi -algos with a much lower wattage. 

tummymumma

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:33:30 PM

1. Forget nicehash , its based on the resale of hashing power .  For better accuracy , use the other calculators that are based directly on mining.

3 . Other than a couple of possibly fake sellers on Ebay , most of the units being resold are from people selling their small personal orders and decided to take advantage of the opportunity. 

5.  Actually nothing really much different.  They were all gone in one day and the A3 is now only available for those who are willing to pay $9,000 .    The winners and losers will be determined later.   At least hey are providing an honest service .   

People be aware of the following fake sites that actually do rip people off:

asicminers.com with an s is a fake site .   The site without the s is selling for $20,000

altmininggear.com .  scam site

baikalminermarket.com   fake scam

1.  It really is almost the same thing.  Mining in a pool is not mining directly, they are both based on market driven factors so both provide good data.  Nice hash is 'nice' because it averages in profit based on rates over time, while something like whattomine will just use the current exchange rate "now".   So I would look at nicehash as a better indicator of profit ratrher that a one time picture of pascal at 8am in the morning on a Saturday etc.  My feeling is that is less accurate.

2.  The general public does not spend 20k on miners in one order.  They spend 2k, they buy 1  or 2.  The general public is mostly considered people who are going to use the product.  Not people looking to buy and resell.  We are not talking resellers here.  Making it available to the general public means selling it through conventional means, not through wire transfer etc... I dont know why this is so hard to understand.

3.  Have no idea where you get this info from.. but its just wrong

4.  Thats ok, I do too... GPU miners will fluctuate, Litecoin miners as well and maybe even DASH might be doing better now... Its the nature of the beast.    I guess  I cannot understand how you think 16k is a good price for this thing.  Maybe it is because you have one and are delusional.

5.  The A3 is in the same situation.  But atleast Bitmain limited the quantity..  People still, even though there was a limit created multiple accounts and bought multiple devices, but it made it much harder for them to do.  That is a good thing.  In this day and age, we dont need resellers, we dont need a distribution channel that just raises the prices for no reason, so yeah, baikal should follow Bitmains lead and start limited their customers.

Many other scams on Ebay and Alibaba as well.

[/quote]
Saph

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:55:48 PM

@Bittawm

since you're close to shipping, I have a few questions:

- Is there a CE-marking on the package or the hardware? It is not allowed to import hardware without the marking into EU and the customs always take a look into it. Just a small sticker is sometimes enough.
- Can you please include a bill with the Baikal price for the VAT?
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:52:25 PM

@Bittawm

since you're close to shipping, I have a few questions:

- Is there a CE-marking on the package or the hardware? It is not allowed to import hardware without the marking into EU and the customs always take a look into it. Just a small sticker is sometimes enough.
- Can you please include a bill with the Baikal price for the VAT?

I still do not have the packages yet.

I will double check for the CE marking.

Our prices are plus tax, if you need to pay tax when the miner arrives; that is your business to sort out.

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Saph

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

I'm talking about the price on the bill. If it's baikal price, I have to pay way less than if you put the price of your shop.
Usually it's around 19% of the price
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:37:38 AM

MINERS HERE AND WILL BE SHIPPED OUT OVER THE NEXT DAY / TWO DAYS IT IS 7PM NZ TIME NOW.

I WILL GET TO WORK TOMORROW MORNING

APART FROM SOME RACK RASH THE MINERS LOOK GOOD

CHEERS GUYS

beware of impersonators
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:52:16 AM

Thank you sir   Grin

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
agentkennethwang

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:32:22 AM

Which coin is currently most profitable to mine with the gaint-b and which pool?
Saph

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:48:53 AM

@bittawm

Thank you for the update!  Wink

Some signs of CE-marking?
Are you providing a waybill?

I would pay for a premium shipment (DHL?) to make it faster if I had the option
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:57:51 PM

@bittawm

Yes we will be shipping off today and tomorrow, although I am struggling to find a CE marking

beware of impersonators
Dlikrot

Activity: 227
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:24:58 PM

It’s maybe a bad advice, but buy a roll of CE markings yourself for future sales xD

To btc or not to btc - that is the electrum
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:32:42 PM

@bittawm

Yes we will be shipping off today and tomorrow, although I am struggling to find a CE marking

can anyone find out if other batches came with CE markings? if so where?

beware of impersonators
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:34:23 PM

Would the control board or hash boards have any CE and also possibly ROHS markings in them?

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:38:48 PM

Here is an example picture of the Cube miner. You can see the CE marking there, after the model name "BAIKAL Cube V1.4". https://imgur.com/nqVMfZS

bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:40:10 PM

Would the control board or hash boards have any CE and also possibly ROHS markings in them?

I have had a quick look at the controllers and hashboards and I cannot see any CE Marking.

the last thing I want is this kit being destroyed before it can get to Europe

beware of impersonators
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:40:42 PM

Here is an example picture of the Cube miner. You can see the CE marking there, after the model name "BAIKAL Cube V1.4". https://imgur.com/nqVMfZS

thanks HagssFIN I will take another look

beware of impersonators
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: