Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shout Out To AnonX For The 37.5 BTC Fo' FREE  (Read 43697 times)
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:17:49 PM

Well shit happens

FooDSt4mP if you still have some coins, you can donate here: 182BwDK1BW5N9mzW4c7JFUFbddf1BvzfdW

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FooDSt4mP (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:18:12 PM

This is what happened to me.. I worked hard trading and *I* got scammed like this many times and had paypal chargebacks too... So... All that hard work, I ended up having to pay THOUSANDS of $ to recover from out of my own pocket.  So, instead of the channel UNDERSTANDING that shit like this happens, they want to put me on blast and make me out to be the fuck who was doing it and they BANNED me.  So, this is what they get.  They get to see how it feels to be where I was at one time.   Here is an example.....

http://pastebin.com/0TCbKZp2

I had NOTHING to do with the middle man here.  I was a victim myself.  This is what started the god damned shitstorm.

I remember this; I was watching when it happened.

I won't say a single word if you "scammed" the scammers back and you are giving away the bitcoins. And if some of them show up at my address, well, I have no idea why or where they came from. Smiley

Was this just a standard MITM scam? i dont quite understand what "service" the other guy is saying you offered that enabled the scam?

It wasn't standard at the time; it was quite probably the first that bitcoin-otc had ever seen, so nobody understood it. Some people, it seems, still don't.

I'm still watching this thread.

Yes, the guy said I enabled the scammer by providing my service.  HE in fact enabled the scammer by not checking WOT ratings.  It was standard MITM.   He rated me -1 even after he admitted in that log that HE was the one at fault.  If you look at all my - ratings, I have never traded with almost all of them, and one is a friend who -10'd me because my account was being used to scam when I was offline, people would steal my nick before I locked it....  Like the song says... It ain't me babe, no no no...

If I cannot be respected enough to have my voice heard when I speak... I will snag you by the hairy gumdrops and deliver a blood curdling scream.  Earplugs or not, honey badger don't give a shit.  :::grin:::  

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:26:56 PM

Also, to everyone taking stolen bitcoins. How would you feel if you were in the victims shoes? This is really pathetic, really thought bitcoin community was better than this.

All communities have free loaders, they just become obvious when someone pulls up with a bunch of goods and offer them for free.

I dunno, I haven't received any stolen bitcoins. Not yet, anyway. I'll tell you how I feel if it ever happens.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:29:40 PM

Hope you go to jail.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
FooDSt4mP (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:32:46 PM

I was the counterparty to AnonX in this MITM.

First of all, I would like to say that FooDSt4mP's social engineering attack was masterful.  He was able to use a compromised account and quick wit to pull off this attack, and others like it.  Everyone should review the logs posted and learn from them, or we all risk missing the point.

The point is, of course, that a counterparty cannot be trusted without proper GPG identification to go with his or her rating history.  A forum name is not enough, an email is not enough, a convincing story is not enough.  If your instinct says that something is wrong, listen to it.

FooDSt4mP has fully succeeded in showing that his rating may have initially been sullied by a similar attack.  However, it must be kept in mind that he used aggressive and almost spam-like techniques to amass a stellar rating within hours and days of joining -otc for the first time.  This rating came mostly from new users, ones who did not follow rating guidelines.  The amount of time that FooDSt4mP had been in the system was also not enough to earn him the benefit of the doubt.  It should be no surprise that a new user accused him of a scam even if the attack was a MITM, and it should be no surprise that his high ;;getrating was looked upon suspiciously when ;;gettrust returned 0.  During a time when -otc grew by hundreds of users daily, it can be expected that the ops would err on the side of caution.  I was not involved in arbitration and so cannot comment further on what actually took place.  The next thing that I heard relating to FooDSt4mP's name was a string of attacks that he did perform and did admit to performing, so naturally that had the effect of causing most users to assume that he was a scammer from the very beginning.

I do not know what will happen now with FooDSt4mP and the bitcoin community, but I suppose that he can re-appear under a new identity and lead a peaceful existence here without anyone knowing.  I urge him to end the vendetta, as his point has been proven.  We should all take security more seriously before a breach happens, and we should investigate carefully after it happens to avoid pointing fingers at innocent users.

Regarding this recent attack against AnonX and myself and the funds involved:

We have split the USD value of the attack as follows:
AnonX has kept 288.30 USD
I have received 288.00 USD

FooDSt4mP has reimbursed me with 3.49 BTC:
AnonX has received 1.745 BTC from me
I have kept 1.745 BTC

I would like to ask those who have received donations from FooDSt4mP after this attack to send them to 16cx71KX3KXB8cynhVs878ruUdZLwHL63h
Any left-over loss will be divided equally between AnonX and myself.

FooDSt4mp, thank you for a teachable moment.

I thank you for the sincerity and insight into this.  THIS IS ALL TRUE.
I sent another 2 coins to your same address that I used before and more will trickle back slowly in time.. So 5.5 sent back so far.  I hate to see you suffer from this (although you rated me - and I have never traded with you ::grin::... ) and I think you are a bang up guy, so you have my word that you will recover your side of the loss from me as time goes on.  THIS is the attention I was seeking... Some UNDERSTANDING and not a fucking +b or shit talking from people who have no inside knowledge of an event.  I like to consider myself a peaceful person and will always take the high road vs the low road.  The low road gets you nowhere fast.

Cheers OneFixt.  I'll see you around, you just won't know it's me, the fresh identity has been in effect for weeks already... :-)  (I am already in OTC with 7 clients now, I warned the @'s a shitstorm was coming, they didn't believe me.. So here it comes). All 7 have ratings higher than 0, I will say that.  They are not for scamming, they are for building a solid rep, and will be finally used against my targets to teach a lesson that the WOT ultimately doesn't mean shit, and just because you are a mod/admin for some tiny area of the internet, does not make you God nor Mary fucking Magdalene.  :-)   Fun times ahead.

Next time I will not be giving out free bitcoins, I will be giving out entire unopened wallet.dat's. I already have a nice collection of 180 or so sitting on ice.  Rawr.  Kinky shit.

TTYS buddy.  Happy 4th.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

They are not for scamming, they are for building a solid rep, and will be finally used against my targets to teach a lesson that the WOT ultimately doesn't mean shit, and just because you are a mod/admin for some tiny area of the internet, does not make you God nor Mary fucking Magdalene.  :-)   Fun times ahead.

So you're just a small angry person out for revenge? From this thread it looks like you're just a malicious scammer, or at least you've become one because you realised you could get away with it, and have since changed your tune when mjsbuddha found you on ebay.

I was forth asking for a handout here, i didnt get anything, I was planning on returning it if i did, and whoever did get a freebie should return it, its stolen (come on). Lets keep the hate machine side of the internet away from bitcoin, and be a bit civilised.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:53:26 PM

I will be giving out entire unopened wallet.dat's.

More than MITM. More than "taking the higher road". 180 stolen wallets, trojan user?
Reminds me of phishing AOL accounts back when AOL was expensive and people were new to the internet.

Be humble!
bitebitebite

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:08:49 PM

More than MITM. More than "taking the higher road". 180 stolen wallets, trojan user?
Reminds me of phishing AOL accounts back when AOL was expensive and people were new to the internet.

I think he's just getting carried away now and exaggerating. Either way I would have been very happy to recieve a scammer that was scammed's money earlier in this thread (as I believed), but it seems it was just a couple people who had left negative feedback without proof? - so not so much justification (didnt recieve any coin just for clarification)
FooDSt4mP (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:17:14 PM

They are not for scamming, they are for building a solid rep, and will be finally used against my targets to teach a lesson that the WOT ultimately doesn't mean shit, and just because you are a mod/admin for some tiny area of the internet, does not make you God nor Mary fucking Magdalene.  :-)   Fun times ahead.

So you're just a small angry person out for revenge? From this thread it looks like you're just a malicious scammer, or at least you've become one because you realised you could get away with it, and have since changed your tune when mjsbuddha found you on ebay.

I was forth asking for a handout here, i didnt get anything, I was planning on returning it if i did, and whoever did get a freebie should return it, its stolen (come on). Lets keep the hate machine side of the internet away from bitcoin, and be a bit civilised.

:::psst:::... It's not my ebay account and 4703 cole ave dallas tx is NOT my address, come on I'm not that dumb.  Why register a domain anon when you can register it to somebody you don't like's address and send shit like this their way...  Feel free to drop by that address anytime, it's a 2k a month luxury town house in uptown dallas.  I will not confirm nor deny that I did live there at one time.. But if I did... It was a LONG LONG time ago.  :-)  Being honest:  I am nowhere NEAR Dallas, TX right now.  My IP is 40 miles away or so, but I'm not.

Also, good luck tracking me down through an ebay account that doesn't belong to me....   Seriously, you don't have my ebay don't waste your time.  

I am going out to go drink for awhile and to celebrate the 4th..  I will post my phone # later and will start a conference that up to 99 people can join and we can talk this out.  I obviously am not running from this, I volunteered myself and an explanation.  I have nothing to hide nor run from.  I will even post my real address and stuff about me if you folks want.  I already have a video of myself floating around proving I don't need to scam.  There is 800k of shit hanging on the wall of the office where I am.  Watch it if you know the link, I am not posting it on here, I'm sure plenty of people have seen it.  I have almost as many oz of AU and AG as I do bitcoins right now.  Bitcoins are childs play to me, I could buy out over 10% of ALL the bitcoins on the planet right now if I so chose.  You should see my forex and brokerage accounts.

What tone should I have?  Everything that needed to be said has been said.  Am I right or wrong by doing what I did today?  I would say slightly right, mostly wrong, just being honest.  I am not proud of what I did, but it was a damn good lesson and it just shows that sometimes people would rather stand on their feet and fight rather than lay on their back and get fucked.  It's that simple.

Happy 4th to all, I will be back in a few hours... It's bar time.

FooDSt4mP (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:19:19 PM

heh.. <><....I used to go for guide/OH/CatWatch accts mostly.  I remember good old AOL 1.6 for DOS.  uNF!  Fun times.

I never said I used trojans either.  Smiley  I'm way classier than that.  

RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:29:03 PM

You're a bad bad man, whered you get all this money? scamming people over the years?

Stan?! STAN?!?!
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:36:27 PM

I was the counterparty to AnonX in this MITM

I would like to ask those who have received donations from FooDSt4mP after this attack to send them to 16cx71KX3KXB8cynhVs878ruUdZLwHL63h

I received 0.5 from Foodstamp. Here ya go. ;^)

This was fun.  Cheesy

xjosx

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:44:06 PM

Hey man. Just a tip.

Most people who keep their mouth shut get to keep the spoils.

Those who boast usually get caught over time because they can't stop bragging.

He's not looking to keep the spoils from what it looks like. It doesn't even look like he was in it for a profit. It looks like he was in it to screw over the people that unjustly screwed him over. I'm not sure what exactly he did to get all the negative feedback in the first place, but it certainly seems like a very hivemind-ish thing to do.

I'd say this is the more concerning thing than his MITM attack, the hivemind nature of bitcoin users, especially in this forum.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:46:01 PM

:::psst:::... It's not my ebay account and 4703 cole ave dallas tx is NOT my address, come on I'm not that dumb.  Why register a domain anon when you can register it to somebody you don't like's address and send shit like this their way...  Feel free to drop by that address anytime, it's a 2k a month luxury town house in uptown dallas.  I will not confirm nor deny that I did live there at one time.. But if I did... It was a LONG LONG time ago.  :-)  Being honest:  I am nowhere NEAR Dallas, TX right now.  My IP is 40 miles away or so, but I'm not.

Also, good luck tracking me down through an ebay account that doesn't belong to me....   Seriously, you don't have my ebay don't waste your time.  

I am going out to go drink for awhile and to celebrate the 4th..  I will post my phone # later and will start a conference that up to 99 people can join and we can talk this out.  I obviously am not running from this, I volunteered myself and an explanation.  I have nothing to hide nor run from.  I will even post my real address and stuff about me if you folks want.  I already have a video of myself floating around proving I don't need to scam.  There is 800k of shit hanging on the wall of the office where I am.  Watch it if you know the link, I am not posting it on here, I'm sure plenty of people have seen it.  I have almost as many oz of AU and AG as I do bitcoins right now.  Bitcoins are childs play to me, I could buy out over 10% of ALL the bitcoins on the planet right now if I so chose.  You should see my forex and brokerage accounts.

What tone should I have?  Everything that needed to be said has been said.  Am I right or wrong by doing what I did today?  I would say slightly right, mostly wrong, just being honest.  I am not proud of what I did, but it was a damn good lesson and it just shows that sometimes people would rather stand on their feet and fight rather than lay on their back and get fucked.  It's that simple.

Happy 4th to all, I will be back in a few hours... It's bar time.

You're a bad liar.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
OneFixt

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

I was the counterparty to AnonX in this MITM

I received 0.5 from Foodstamp. Here ya go. ;^)

This was fun.  Cheesy

Received, thank you!

163c6YtwNbfVSyVvMQCBcmNX9RdYQdRqqa
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:01:27 PM

ok - someone send me some free bitcoins so I can test that it shows up correctly on my Android Wallet Balance Viewer. Smiley

Will

zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:12:10 PM

Hmmm

this is a very odd one. I can see both sides.

Foodstamp try's to clear his name for which he is innocent and gets ignored (at lest That's what I think). So he thinks stuff it if they are going to blame me for it why not do it.

Ah well live and learn. People here are 2 fast to shout scam before they have all the fact of if he's guilty... They might flip and do this
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:40:46 PM

GxB Tru-Facts Report:

Honest people don't hide behind anonymous.
Honest people don't steal wallets from 180 new users.

Be humble!
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:10:14 PM

Honest people don't hide behind anonymous.

I know I'm one of the first people to throw away my anonymity (my very first post on this forum was to that effect) but I just wanted to point out the irony of this statement - if taken loosely - given the current audience.

^_^
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:28:34 PM

lol @ all the rabid hyenas begging for stolen coins openly.

Then again, shows what the community really is,
you guys would prostitute your grandma for 3 dollars if you had the opportunity.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: