Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:47:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DRobert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:42:09 PM

I noted your comments and deleted sensitive information.

Anyway, I moved the market to where it is now, and I am confident it will continue to climb to 3000 and beyond. Trade volume has increase from 0.6 on Cryptsy to nearly 3btc, and it continues to climb.

What is important is the dev has a website to trade his coin for goods, and gold and silver.
DRobert

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:45:25 PM

Let me be clear. People need to buy low and sell high. If they buy higher, they should intend to use the currency for something such as buying gold and silver. It is unfortunate that people buy higher and then the currency drops a lot. I would be pissed too and might cash out if I was in that situation, but if I really believed in the coin, I would hold on to it and wait for a rebound.

I remember when I bought in to dogecoin when it was 144 satoshis, then it went down to 30. I held and just did trading and gained coin, but then I cashed out and went in for 42 Coin because it looked really promising at first, and then missed out on the Wolong rise. So you never know what could happen. Personally, I'd just hold on to the coin right now.

What I like is how I pumped up the coin and, although someone tried to take a dump and bring it back down to 1800 or less, it rose back to where I pumped it up to, and even reached higher. This, to me, gives me confidence that I was right in pumping it up. So, hopefully people see this and bring some more btc into it for the longer term (5000 satoshis or even as high as 1000 satoshis or more). Then you weak hands and cry babies can get out and us people can stay in Wink
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:52:33 PM

Glad to see this coin slowly start to come alive again.

I don't like the difficulty jumps; there is still too much swing.

Maybe at a fork down the road we can go to a +/- 1% swing like the other good alt-coins.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

When we re open sales it will only be payable with Spots

DRobert

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:57:23 PM

Maybe at a fork down the road we can go to a +/- 1% swing like the other good alt-coins.

The difficulty jumps and changes are so fucking awesome. Seriously. I like how it fucks over the Multipools. Mine pools are the reason coins like Leaf and Moon get fucked over and freeze up the market to big time lows (apart from whale manipulation doing that). It seems Spots was on to something really good with it and miners who really care about the coin and investors like myself don't get fucked over as much. It seems to work similar as Gravity Well that those coins want to add in order to resist the Multipools Smiley

Yeah. I trust Spots will keep doing what he was doing and I hope I'm buying in low for a nice ride to da moon.
SWKineo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

The difficulty jumps and changes are so fucking awesome. Seriously. I like how it fucks over the Multipools. Mine pools are the reason coins like Leaf and Moon get fucked over and freeze up the market to big time lows (apart from whale manipulation doing that). It seems Spots was on to something really good with it and miners who really care about the coin and investors like myself don't get fucked over as much. It seems to work similar as Gravity Well that those coins want to add in order to resist the Multipools Smiley

Yeah. I trust Spots will keep doing what he was doing and I hope I'm buying in low for a nice ride to da moon.

Here's the problem... the difficulty jumps are mostly keeping the Multipools away, but they're also slowing down the block rate to around 100 per day, rather than the intended 1234.
Even CoinWarz's measly estimation of $2 per Mh/s per day is more than one would actually get.
ckoeber

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

You're not screwing over the multi-pools; you are screwing over the individual miners and Spots pool operators (like myself) who then get a huge swing to 5.0~8.0 difficulty and then it takes much longer to get a single coin.

You seem to forget pre-fork when the difficulty would spike up to 25 (or even higher in some cases) while the coin value was really low. So it would literally take hours (a day in extreme cases) to get a single coin as most of the miners left to mine something more profitable.

Multi-pools will ALWAYS mine the most profitable coin regardless of difficulty (DOGECoin for example) so the only people difficulty swings hurt is everyone else, including you.
DRobert

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

You're not screwing over the multi-pools; you are screwing over the individual miners and Spots pool operators (like myself) who then get a huge swing to 5.0~8.0 difficulty and then it takes much longer to get a single coin.

You seem to forget pre-fork when the difficulty would spike up to 25 (or even higher in some cases) while the coin value was really low. So it would literally take hours (a day in extreme cases) to get a single coin as most of the miners left to mine something more profitable.

Multi-pools will ALWAYS mine the most profitable coin regardless of difficulty (DOGECoin for example) so the only people difficulty swings hurt is everyone else, including you.

Noted.

You make a compelling case. Alright. I am persuaded. How do we go about making it better for our community while keeping Multi-pools away then?
ckoeber

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:16:10 PM

Noted.

You make a compelling case. Alright. I am persuaded. How do we go about making it better for our community while keeping Multi-pools away then?

The key to good mining is consistency.

You really can't do shit about multi-pools. Forget about worrying about them.

Build the coin around miners; Low, incremental and predictable changes in difficulty is the key.
Desten

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:39:58 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 01:35:02 AM by Desten

DRobert, slow pump from 14 feb and to 5500 spotoshis - 25-30% of volume was our team volume. It was about 42-45BTC's in 3.5 days. Little more than today 3.5btc's, yep?
(deleted)
But this is not the solution. Coin must have hard floor - services, PR, stable mining. I predict 1-2 month will pass before really huge rising. More than ever before. But not now.
And about multipools - current price is guilty in punishment by multipools/big miners, that jumps only when diff is near zero for them. So only one solution - is price rising more than 200-500 times - this will attract so much miners (400-500Mh+) that multipools/big mine-a-boys will be outboard.
And coin needs to be listed at coinmarketcap!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

DRobert, slow pump from 14 feb and to 5500 spotoshis - 25-30% of volume was our team volume. It was about 42-45BTC's in 3.5 days. Little more than today 3.5btc's, yep?
Now we just protect price falling continuously rising our mid/little buy orders when they are going to the end. But this is not the solution. Coin must have hard floor - services, PR, stable mining. I predict 1-2 month will pass before really huge rising. More than ever before. But not now.
And about multipools - current price is guilty in punishment by multipools/big miners, that jumps only when diff is near zero for them. So only one solution - is price rising more than 200-500 times - this will attract so much miners (400-500Mh+) that multipools/big mine-a-boys will be outboard.
And coin needs to be listed at coinmarketcap!

Only reason its not is explorer is down. Need an Abe explorer

Desten

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:41:17 AM

You have servers/miners/checkpoint server - you can't run ABE?
DRobert

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:48:22 AM

Spots still hovering around 2200. Good.
My plan was for the new low for selling price to be at 2000-2200.
I noticed the pump from days before and it shot up, then went back down so fast.
I don't think it's quite a good thing for SPOTS if it shoots up so high and so fast like that tbh. Should be more slow and gradual.
DRobert

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:04:05 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 01:20:50 PM by DRobert

Only reason its not is explorer is down. Need an Abe explorer

How is Abe Explorer comin' along? Should we expect it anytime soon?

Btw, I'm watching some dude try to test the market. Prices went back up to 2100 for selling and he first dropped his order to 2000ish, then 5 Spots at 1984 while everything else is 2100 and above. Glad to see it is climbing back up again Smiley
SWKineo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

Spots still hovering around 2200. Good.
My plan was for the new low for selling price to be at 2000-2200.
I noticed the pump from days before and it shot up, then went back down so fast.
I don't think it's quite a good thing for SPOTS if it shoots up so high and so fast like that tbh. Should be more slow and gradual.

I don't think that I have the whole picture, but I get the feeling that the failure of the pump to 5000 was caused more by the "rat" Desten has been referring to than any problems with the market.
Perhaps it's been a combination of both effects.
vetalysd

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

Vote for SPOT!!!
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
ckoeber

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:22:49 PM

I think we will continue to gradually ascend higher.

Ever since the fork things have gradually improved.

I noticed that my spots pool (http://spotspool.chriskoeber.com  Grin) has slowly been growing with people mining this coin.
Desten

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:49:48 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 01:36:32 AM by Desten

1. Why do you think their/his "prebought" has success at all? We was online and helped as 1/3 of all volume.
2. This is not a pump as we understand this. Very low price rising.
3. Then fast fall.. ? Not a rat? Ok.... you can think what you want Smiley
4. Pre bought? (deleted). Ok.
5. If you read me then you seen that i said that i think real huge pump/price rising will be in 1-2 month. Now we just rising very-very slow.
Desten

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

Ok, so i'll cleanup my messages. All who intended here as spots-holders/friends already read me and make own conclusions.
ckoeber

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:27:10 AM

Let's squash the beef and focus on promoting this coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: