Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:50:31 PM

Denial .....

-> -> -> Fear

-> Capitulation.

No return to the mean for QRK, sorry.

Owner of $$$$$ worth ASIC miner.

Oh, and a holder of PPcoin. A currency which increases while you hold it. So he must be mining while holding 10% of PPC and doing nothing at all.

It's easy to provoke shitcoin holders with FEAR losing ALL the money Grin

No, no ASIC at all here, and not many PPCoins (Check my address Cheesy)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:02:44 PM

Denial .....

-> -> -> Fear

-> Capitulation.

No return to the mean for QRK, sorry.

Owner of $$$$$ worth ASIC miner.

Oh, and a holder of PPcoin. A currency which increases while you hold it. So he must be mining while holding 10% of PPC and doing nothing at all.

It's easy to provoke shitcoin holders with FEAR losing ALL the money Grin

No, no ASIC at all here, and not many PPCoins (Check my address Cheesy)

I got to agree with you with that one.

But I didn't invest. You're just in for the fun. Fueling their insecurities.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
cerleo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

Do you suggest investing in quarkcoins now the price's been dropping?i don't know what to expect as for what will happen in the next few days.Maybe it'll be a good time to get in.
Kane49

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:23:48 PM

Do you suggest investing in quarkcoins now the price's been dropping?i don't know what to expect as for what will happen in the next few days.Maybe it'll be a good time to get in.

I would have suggested to invest up to 0.00025 before todays randomness and naturally the same still applies, I'am sure it will get above that again in no time.
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:26:58 PM

^ Well said. Some people obviously feel threatened by QRK's success.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
laowai80

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:30:44 PM

FelixO,

very good observations, totally agree Smiley
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:32:45 PM

^ Well said. Some people obviously feel threatened by QRK's success.

Success breeds fear. That fear is coming from competing coins who aren't getting the investment money QRK is. So they lie about how it is a scam to get people questioning QRK so they don't invest in it and instead invest in their weaker coin.
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:42:48 PM

The attention Quarkcoin is receiving is really baffling to me. I mean even if one is invested strongly in an alternativ currency, why would one feel threatened by Quark? I kind of envision crypto currencies as units that are complementing each other.
Yet many people take immense measures to discourage others from Quarkcoin and I have to say this single fact is the one reason that brought me to investing in this currency. If people with obvious hidden agendas invest a substantial amount of time into criticising something then there simply has to be something valuable about this object of their hate.

My intuition tells me that, if you dislike something and instead of simple ignoring it and moving on, you spend a lot of time and energy in criticising it then you are for some reason attached to it.
Obviously many forum or reddit members want to divert money flow and attention from Quark to the currency they are invested in. Others may simply want to suppress the price even further to buy a large amount at a specific price. And lastly there may also be people who quite frankly have some psychological attachment to Quark - feelings of remorse, anger because they sold too low, and so forth...

It's just a basic observation. Whenever something develops quickly then there is also very swiftly a wall of defense against it established. I view this as a systems natural protection process. And we all are nothing but small parts of a larger system. The determining factor is just magnification. Whether you observe a single cell as a system with inherent processes or a human or the world financial market with all it's participants... there are always they same underlying recurring principles. It just has to suck if you find yourself in the position of playing the role of the "defense" against an otherwise positiv development   Cool

Whichever way you put, all these factors make Quark stand out immensely from comparable options and I believe there will be quite a substantial growth in the future (don't quote me on that one though  Cheesy )

I hope you don't mind, but I quoted you. lol
I have been saying this all along. I agree 100%.
Anyone with even remotely HALF a life, would spend energy promoting something something they believe in, but NOT very much, if any, bashing something they do not believe in.
If all the people who call it a scam were really the so called "Heroes" they portend to be, imagine what kind characters and individuals they would be in real life.  Roll Eyes
Come on now...these people do not care to "save" others as much as they care about helping themselves, at YOUR cost, not theirs.
So, if people are bashing something, it's usually because they have an agenda and it's not always so sweet and helpful.
There are plenty of coins I do not invest in, but it never occurred to me to go on the forum and bash one of them, no matter how foolish I thought it was.
It's a waste of time, unless I have something to gain from it, like making the price go lower so I can buy more, or trying to make my personal favorite currency look better.
Quark is going to the top, no matter what these fools try to say or do, and yes, it does make it look even more attractive. Even during the recent panic, I bought a ton ,instead of selling.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
altsay

Activity: 359

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:46:07 PM

If we take into consideration the enormous growth of this coin in past 30 days, the level of hate doesn't surprise me much. Than again there are couple of people on this site (they are probably the same ones who keep bashing Quark on other sites as well) who keep hitting Quark so hard that you have to wonder, why are they doing so. Those are the people with awful trust levels etc. They surely have different agendas. Smart people who are reading these forums and investing into Quark will realize this for sure and will not pay attention at these monkeys.
I also wander if we can banned them altogether, but than it might look that we are trying to shut em up and hide something.
Maybe the best thing is to ignore their posts, since we answered each and single one of their accusations at least 10 times so far. If we ignore them, they will get tired and they will stop doing it.

On the other hand, we were all in the anticipation of the Chinese start trading it. It didn't happen and people got disappointed, the price shows this really well. For me it really doesn't matter, if it wasn't added today it will be added in the future. We took a hard one in the chin today, but OK, we continue further. To all the disappointed people, just take a look in the past 30 days at the enormous progress this coin has made. This should give you courage for the future.

We must keep working and stay positive.. Go Quark!!

That's the spirit!

No Quark for old bashers.
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:50:14 PM

Tom Cruise supports Quark!
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:51:27 PM

Anyone with even remotely HALF a life, would spend energy promoting something something they believe in, but NOT very much, if any, bashing something they do not believe in.

While I agree with you, we have to differentiate a little bit here.

There are obvious trolls who will bash anything they can, all the time.

But there is real justified criticism against quark, that has to be adressed so quark can advance. Not die, but advance.

If quark was dead or dying I wouldn't give a shit and just move on. But that's not the case.

After all, for me quarkcoin is like in beta phase still, and needs much more done in development, publicity and management.

The best way to shut up the obvious trolls is to advance those three areas of quark.

boymok

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

BitCoin

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:09:43 PM

Breaking news !!!

Quark on mtGox !!!
Kane49

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:11:42 PM

Breaking news !!!

Quark on mtGox !!!

Yeah .. no ..

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:18:14 PM

The attention Quarkcoin is receiving is really baffling to me. I mean even if one is invested strongly in an alternativ currency, why would one feel threatened by Quark? I kind of envision crypto currencies as units that are complementing each other.
Yet many people take immense measures to discourage others from Quarkcoin and I have to say this single fact is the one reason that brought me to investing in this currency. If people with obvious hidden agendas invest a substantial amount of time into criticising something then there simply has to be something valuable about this object of their hate.

My intuition tells me that, if you dislike something and instead of simple ignoring it and moving on, you spend a lot of time and energy in criticising it then you are for some reason attached to it.
Obviously many forum or reddit members want to divert money flow and attention from Quark to the currency they are invested in. Others may simply want to suppress the price even further to buy a large amount at a specific price. And lastly there may also be people who quite frankly have some psychological attachment to Quark - feelings of remorse, anger because they sold too low, and so forth...

It's just a basic observation. Whenever something develops quickly then there is also very swiftly a wall of defense against it established. I view this as a systems natural protection process. And we all are nothing but small parts of a larger system. The determining factor is just magnification. Whether you observe a single cell as a system with inherent processes or a human or the world financial market with all it's participants... there are always they same underlying recurring principles. It just has to suck if you find yourself in the position of playing the role of the "defense" against an otherwise positiv development   Cool

Whichever way you put, all these factors make Quark stand out immensely from comparable options and I believe there will be quite a substantial growth in the future (don't quote me on that one though  Cheesy )

Well said FelixO. Exactly the same bashing happened to LTC. Sign up at http://quark.freeforums.net/ if you don't mind and share this comment with the community. Cheers
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:47:35 PM

^^ Same here. I never would think i would buy another alt. I was only focussed on BTC and LTC, but something in Quark has attracted me and the fact some people do their utterly best like they get paid to hinder Quark makes me even believe more in this coin.
Mad Scientist

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:08:05 PM

Quark crashes 2/3 then recovers 1/3: Proof it's a Scam Coin!

BitCoin crashes 1/2 then recovers 1/4: Proof it's Here to Stay!

Uh, wat?
Mad Scientist

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

I bought 8k qrk @0.0002890. %25 loss now.. But I believe quark will increase 3x-5x.
I've done the same thing, I'm like 1 for 7 in trades recently.
We're late to the Party but at least we're here right? It's just getting started!

You know some people complain that Quark is owned by too few people but there's a guy named rPietila that claims to have so many coins he can affect markets. He even has his own thread as well as followers and detractors. Yet no one has stated that he owns too many and it's bad for the BitCoin market. No, rather they just doubt he even HAS that many.

Uh, wat?

It seems to me the only "joke" coin is DogeCoin, and it was MADE to be a joke! Yet if it takes off and is successful well good for them, more power to them!
Neisklar

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:36:31 PM

Could someone please prove my following maths wrong:

hash_rate = (blocks_found/expected_blocks*difficulty * 2^24 / 30)

I looked at the block window from block 456520 onwards (approx 2013-12-14 20:10:18 GMT)
Lets look at a 5 minute window, which should get us 10 blocks.
Depending if we start this window at 20:10:00 or 20:10:18 we get 10 or 11 blocks "solved" in that time, so lets take the middle and take a factor of 1.05

So we have:

hash_rate = 1.05 * 6411.26760900 * 16777216 / 30
hash_rate =~ 3764712752 =~  3,76 GH/s

So we have approximatly a network hashrate of 3,67 GHashes per second.

http://qrk.coinmine.pl/ showed at that time an approximate pool hashrate of 3,8 GH/s.

So either my maths are totaly wrong, the pools hahsrate display is totaly wrong, or houston, we have a very big problem...

BTC: 1LZQkJCojCiomDb1FdFXN5g1Gtc6n95acB  -  QRK: QRrcffSmb6jqw6RmZLtJ6skg71AXRG3S6y
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:37:46 PM

If people want to increase their wealth after investments like this, he one thing they must be able to do is whether the downswings.
Buy to stay in and hold tight. Eventually it must increase again. It may take some time, but it will go up, and likely past $1.00.
It's a solid crypto as any out there, and lighting fast and secure, too.

It's also likely there are adopters out there who are sitting fat still, on coins, and we have to wait for them to dispose of most of them first, and then the second and third waves of buyers who buy in, like we all did, will have to sell for more than we bought in for, to make a profit and that's usually when you start to see sales slow down and the bids will increase.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:44:03 PM

Could someone please prove my following maths wrong:

hash_rate = (blocks_found/expected_blocks*difficulty * 2^24 / 30)

I looked at the block window from block 456520 onwards (approx 2013-12-14 20:10:18 GMT)
Lets look at a 5 minute window, which should get us 10 blocks.
Depending if we start this window at 20:10:00 or 20:10:18 we get 10 or 11 blocks "solved" in that time, so lets take the middle and take a factor of 1.05

So we have:

hash_rate = 1.05 * 6411.26760900 * 16777216 / 30
hash_rate =~ 3764712752 =~  3,76 GH/s

So we have approximatly a network hashrate of 3,67 GHashes per second.

http://qrk.coinmine.pl/ showed at that time an approximate pool hashrate of 3,8 GH/s.

So either my maths are totaly wrong, the pools hahsrate display is totaly wrong, or houston, we have a very big problem...

pools hashrates are notorious for being wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: