Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:32:35 PM

Lol, so you completely deviate from what i said and make fun of me for having a jokecoin in my sig? Should i repeat myself again so you can see what i said. Maybe with bigger text this time.

Exactly. A more professional attitude by an unofficial spokesperson for Quark would bring even more support for the coin. Act your age and thoroughly read what people post Digital

I have to agree with you, Robert, and with professorY.

I have a stake in several other coins, and what impresses me about them is the level and type of discourse in the forums. They focus on solving specific technical and marketing issues, rolling out features, and enlisting wider support from third-party vendors. In general they don't waste too much time with third-grade trash talk, or anything else that doesn't advance the value of the product.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnnyAppleCeed

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:36:27 PM

Seriously.

Kolin- Quite acting like a kid and man up.

And by man up I mean only speak if you have something positive, mature, and properly written to say. Anything else you do is only serving to hurt quark and your reputation.

Read the large type again and meditate on it.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:40:09 PM

i just want to point out the ignore feature again!
for example, i put people which only talk (nonsense/FUD/PR) instead of doing something, instantly on my ignore list.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:57:29 PM

Seriously.

Kolin- Quite acting like a kid and man up.

And by man up I mean only speak if you have something positive, mature, and properly written to say. Anything else you do is only serving to hurt quark and your reputation.

Read the large type again and meditate on it.
quite is quit and ceed is seed so you probably shouldn't tell him to write things properly, i can't talk i can't spell very good either, i'm just saying
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

how's odincoin going? have you finished it yet, or are you still here talking trash.......and releasing all the coins creates stability and that's what a world wide currency needs, Quark is coming along just at the right time, i say you have about a month 2 max, to get odincoin out, get a payment site, forum, promo video's app, mobile wallet or your coin will die, no matter how good it is, so get to work, and stop sabotaging our hard work, because we won't do it too you,it's low bro real low...
actually i think quarkcoin seams to be a good coin generally and a really appreciate the work done with this coin since it will make it possible for me to release a very good altcoin. If you are curius about odincoin you can chech my temporary forum/blogg which i update often.

If the coin was really bad i wouldn't be typing this.

Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:10:44 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:41:44 PM by Bigeyeone

a lot of people here sure seem to have a lot of hate for quark, I dont get that really, I am not a big fan of Quark, because of the instamining thing, but heey, why hate ?

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
JohnnyAppleCeed

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:23:19 PM

ha, touché!

As a fellow quark supporter though, let's hope the message gets across...
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:25:09 PM

quark is not going anywhere.

gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:27:39 PM

A lot of people really don't understand what makes a cryptocurrency succeed.

First the coin must be on an exchange, multiple exchanges is even better. Quark meets this requirement.

Second the coin must have a viable and sustaining network. How is this accomplished? Normally there is a pump and dump scheme where a large group of miners rape the coin and dump it at any price to make money. Unfortunately the result is that the price plunges and soon nobody wants to own it (invest in it) because it is nearly worthless. Eventually the situation changes when the coin is nearly completely mined and the block reward is small, the constant mining and dumping no longer affects the price because the reward size is so small compared to the total number of coins. For nearly every coin except Quark this is many tens of years from now. For Quark because of its rapid distribution this situation will occur in the next few weeks to a month. The mining and dumping of coins will have little effect on the price because the block reward will be so small compared to the number of coins being traded. However, because it is still mined by those that don't pay for electricity the network remains viable and robust.

What is the result of this situation of having most of the coins distributed and having a sustaining amount distributed by mining to keep the network viable?

A coin that is investment grade. There is a natural trend for the price to rise and big money (i.e., wall street money) has already begun to invest in Quark.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:30:01 PM

At around 7 pence per quark it really isn't out of the reach of anyone to buy and hold some for the medium / long term, so called "second generation coins" like emunie will launch at 10 cents per coin right out of the gate.

Anyone involved in crypto currency's must have noticed the tidal wave of interest building which is going to make 2014 an incredible year for Bitcoin and many alts.

Really to those who's strategy it is to atempt to denigrate another coin in the hopes of shifting market share from that coin to your coin of choice should think twice it reflects badly on the whole altcoin market making it look childish to say the least. Try and reach outside the bitcointalk community all this infighting looks really ugly - my coins better than your coin....... Come on  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:40:27 PM

a lot of people here sure seem to have a lot of hate forquark, I dont get that really, I am not a big fan of Quark, because of the instamining thing, but heey, why hate ?

Notice they generally have low activity levels and other alt coins in their sigs. Quite simply there is money to be made from doing what they are doing, no matter how ingenuous they may be.

For example, look at what adolf said regarding the early mine. That is/was a concern to me but I think it is a viable alternative, an experiment and we should look further at it, discuss it, don't just knock it.
Make the talk a conversation, 2 ways, not just bashing. Using an early mine has some potential advantages (and note, even with BTC there are very few holders having VERY large amounts). I wish I could have
gotten into quark sooner, but anyway I see how the distribution model in an early mine coin (that is ASIC resistance for a bit longer than most coins due to the multiple algorithms it uses) has certain benefits.
For example, the arms race to mine is now not quite as much on the forefront. Perhaps this can be both a good and a bad thing, but look at it, investigate it. Enjoy another experiment here. Also, the low price
as many coins were already mined are going to be VERY attractive for people wanting to get into something "cheaper" and "early", etc. People with many coins will sell some for sure and distribution will take place.
We'll see how that goes.

Somewhat related, the high reliance on the SHA256 hardware coupled with new hardware making the old hardware mostly obsolete means newer SHA256 coins are gonna get attention, clearly. (Kolin mentioned this.)
So, we are probably going to see a trickle from these SHA256 coins (and soon to be ASIC LTC's and other SCRYPT coins) into Quark imo. Due to most of it's mining already having been done (relatively speaking), I think it might be seen eventually as a store of value as it relates to the centralization of the ASIC miners. This in an unknown though, and it is all unfolding just beyond our view currently.

Some concerns - for sure - how will the network be secured relative to the lower (?) demand with mining? We will see. As Cryptos become more popular and more money flows in, you will see networks attacked, 51% attacks, DDOS, etc. happen and that will be needed and weed out the weak ones. How strong is our network? Bots a problem?

So, instead of bashing, I'll take some of my chances here and try to look deeper into something it sounds like, quite a few people don't understand, but seem hell bent on bashing. That pulls me closer...

And I get the feeling 2014 is really going to be an interesting year with the Cryptos.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
altsay

Activity: 359

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:56:06 PM

is there any point in mining this coin, i heard all the coins have been mined already, so is there any point?

All the coins have not been mined, I think the block reward is at 8. In fact, all the coins will never be mined, once the block reward hits 1 it will stay at 1 forever. In other words there will always be coins to mine.

The other question is it profitable to mine? For you I don't know, for those that mine where they don't pay for electricity it will always be profitable to mine Quark. That is why Quark will always have a viable network, there will always be coins to mine and for somebody it will always be profitable!

Quark's being not profitable to mine is a good think which would make it more valuable.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:23:30 AM

is there any point in mining this coin, i heard all the coins have been mined already, so is there any point?

All the coins have not been mined, I think the block reward is at 8. In fact, all the coins will never be mined, once the block reward hits 1 it will stay at 1 forever. In other words there will always be coins to mine.

The other question is it profitable to mine? For you I don't know, for those that mine where they don't pay for electricity it will always be profitable to mine Quark. That is why Quark will always have a viable network, there will always be coins to mine and for somebody it will always be profitable!

Quark's being not profitable to mine is a good think which would make it more valuable.

Arn't there 1million coins a year to be mined? Considering that compared to the 247 or so million mined coins, that seems like enough to be profitable.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
gnode

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:37:49 AM

I don't understand your point. Quark will always have coins to mine! There will be 1 million per year. Mining these will always be profitable for those that don't pay for electricity and depending on price, mining might be profitable for those that do pay for electricity, consequently, Quark will always be mined and so the network will always be viable! This is a very important fact.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:40:37 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 02:02:06 AM by instacash

I have 0 QRK now. Sold the entire stash at Dec. 14

Wish all the best to everyone, good luck
gnode

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:29:12 AM

Sorry to hear that, I guess you sold BTC when it hit $30 as well.

dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 07:12:51 AM

I see the hate drive is still on.

Did not mine when time was right? No worries -- HATE.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 07:18:02 AM

In the mean time the website is still the same -- no updates.

Then there's still the difficulty bug -- as the difficulty hits 4 digits, the output is 0.000000

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:25:23 AM

In the mean time the website is still the same -- no updates.

Then there's still the difficulty bug -- as the difficulty hits 4 digits, the output is 0.000000
here is an update for you, one months work!
www.qrkwallets.org

http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/1044/introduction-animation-video  new promo video being made ready in about a week or so.

http://www.quarkpayments.com/  new site opening soon

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id783452759?mt=8  new QUARK ticker app

http://blog.coinmkt.com/ QUARK coming to coinmkt early 2014

http://forum.qrk.cc/  the forum only one month old and growing everyday!

http://www.quarkqrk.info/  QUARK Portal made by one of our dedicated community members

http://www.quarkcoin.cc/ QUARK blog news etc by another dedicated member

quarkspend.com/

www.qrkpilot.org just released

http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/ coming soon

Quarkshopper.com coming soon

www.qrkstore.com/ coming soon

these sites now accept QUARK!!!

http://www.keepitwooden.com/

http://grkreationsdirect.com

http://waterido.com

http://vps4.me

http://www.qugetser.com

http://www.retrotowers.co.uk

http://www.cryptocoinstuff.com

https://www.cryptovest.com

http://xbox48.bugs3.com

http://seowarlock.com

http://btcpipeshop.com

http://wrol.info

http://brownboxtech.net

http://www.cryptodirect.cf
 and more coming, it's been one month since Kolin went on bill still's show, try to have a bit of patience, you don't just click your fingers and it happens it takes time.....but as you can see from this list after one month, more has been established for QUARK then 90% of all other crypto's, remember quark was pretty much forgotten about, only one month has the majority of the crypto community known about it, it's impressive if you ask me, and im sure it will look very impressive to investors as well
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6311

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:43:55 AM

Sorry to hear that, I guess you sold BTC when it hit $30 as well.

Sorry , but if he indeed had any quarks , if he indeed sold on the 14 , it's like he sold when BTC was 1600 Wink.
Cause the price then was 0.0003 and now 0.00014.

Also , the wisest sold when BTC reached 30$ the first time. What happened next....don't want to remember.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: