Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bytecoin|BTE| Official Re-Launch of this 1:1 Bitcoin Coin!  (Read 23518 times)
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:21:48 AM

What block are you on?

My wallet is not synchronizing at all even after i tried all nodes i found on bytecoin threads .. but it didnt help. I need help, anybody?  Roll Eyes

18450..is that the last block in the network?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 09:26:35 AM

Yes, unsynced message is normal when no block mined lately.

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:54:06 AM

Yes, unsynced message is normal when no block mined lately.

Ok, thanks for info  Smiley
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:51:52 PM

any good pools ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:45:01 PM

any good pools ?

I´m using this one:  http://75.156.208.65:6327, point your miners at this URL, use your BTE address as your user, no password needed.

Keep Your Powder Dry
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:46:56 PM

any good pools ?

I´m using this one:  http://75.156.208.65:6327, point your miners at this URL, use your BTE address as your user, no password needed.

Am trying to help him solve the problem of inviled shares and testing however with the hash  I have its not submitting correctly seems ti dont like asic as on p2p and needs a lot of working out and fixing befor asic ready.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
DryPowder

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:59:10 PM

any good pools ?

Am trying to help him solve the problem of inviled shares and testing however with the hash  I have its not submitting correctly seems ti dont like asic as on p2p and needs a lot of working out and fixing befor asic ready.

Ok, i don´t know if there are other BTE pool's.

Keep Your Powder Dry
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:24:18 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 04:06:43 AM by Digigami

any good pools ?

I´m using this one:  http://75.156.208.65:6327, point your miners at this URL, use your BTE address as your user, no password needed.

This is my pool, I've been very busy with real life obligations lately and I haven't had the time to work on the pool very much.

The pool does work and has been quite stable, although there are some issues with it also.

The front end currently has an issue with getting the data from the backend, if you navigate to http://75.156.208.65:6327 the site shows up, but the graphs and data don't until you select a time frame. The auto-refresh is broken, and as are the recently solved blocks and current payout amount pages. I can assure you however this does not effect the pools ability to provide work, and although I can't get it to display correctly I can also assure you it is tracking shares and providing payouts properly. If at any time that does not function properly I will disable the pool so that no one loses out on mining rewards.

Although the latest release of p2pool is claimed to provide proper support for high hash rate asic miners, CrazyEarner was kind enough to help me test the newest version and unfortunately it does not appear to have addressed the problems. This is an issue with p2pool itself which I am not able to address directly. I will continue to test new versions as they are available and will update the live pool if we can come up with an asic ready p2pool solution. Past that, I am looking into other pool server options which may prove to be a better solution then p2pool offers.

I will also mention, I haven't been promoting the pool very much, as I feel in its current state although still working I would be much happier promoting a more refined system. Along with the issues noted above, I will fully admit I am quite new to being on the operators end of a pool, and while I do work very hard to ensure the best possible service to miners I am still learning much as I go and I may not always have the answers to questions or problems as they arise. I do intend to continue working on this however, as I know there is a demand for a solid Bytecoin pool. Also, the Bytecoin network really needs more mining so that we can get past this difficulty adjustment.

Finally, for those who do wish to mine Bytecoins on a pool: if you are willing to see past the current shortcomings, I certainly encourage you to give the pool a try. I am available here via PM, and also keep up to date on most of the Bytecoin related threads I am aware of. I have not yet started my own thread for the pool, I likely will wait until I have a more polished service to publish and put more energy into promoting the pool.

To use the pool, direct your miners to http://75.156.208.65:6327  use your desired BTE payout address as your username, and you may leave password blank or provide one if you wish, the pool server ignores any submitted passwords and only tracks shares to the BTE address. The pool payout system is PPLNS, and sends your payment as part of the generation transation. If you are unaware this means that newly minted coins you earn must wait a full 120 confirmations which is somewhat lengthy due to the Bytecoin network's state. This is a "feature" of p2pool which I am unable to change, and one other reason I believe alternate pool software is going to be my best course of action. I would much rather be able to provide instant payouts from a currently confirmed balance, so miners only have to wait 6 confirmations before they can spend their earnings.

I will close with letting you know, my ultimate goal is once a merged mining compatable Bytecoin client has been coded, I would like to reconfigure my pool to mine BTC primarily, and merged mine as many sha-256 compatible coins including BTE as possible. This likely will take some time, but I know this is something many people would be interested in. As time and other developments allow I surely hope to make that a reality.

Cheers everyone!

Digigami

Edit to add x2 Tongue

- I forgot to mention, this pool is running with 0 fees. I couldn't justify a fee especially in its current condition. I likely will continue to run it with no fees until at least I have a much more presentable and feature rich pool to offer. Smiley
- Support is available here via PM to myself, or on freenode in channel #crypto-expert or #digipool Both of these channels also have IrcBots who will announce whenever the pool solves a block, and the payout address of the miner who solved it.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:26:03 AM

Thanks for the update Digi, An update for you guys on progress, Rsnel has kindly agreed to help me out with the work by converting his recently created i0coin to be bytecoin. Once this is done it will most likely be time to decide to have a hard fork. I am opening a poll to gain people's view on wether anything else should be changed at this moment in time

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 06:05:57 AM

Let's fork this mofo

Digigami

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:16:27 PM

Let's fork this mofo

With pleasure! Just need a new client to fork it with!
DryPowder

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

Let's fork this mofo

With pleasure! Just need a new client to fork it with!

+1 and thanks for the pool service.  Smiley

Keep Your Powder Dry
gyruss

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:21:44 AM

I thought I'd give solo mining a try with this coin. After about 1/2 a day, I was super pleased to have found a block! Awesome.

The bad news is that just a few hours later, the block I found was ORPHANED.  Angry Angry Cry It's not like the same block was solved simultaneously as mine, it was hours later.

So I'm pretty pissed at that and just about ready to drop Bytecoin. It's hard to have faith in the coin when basic things like this happen.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:17:28 AM

gyruss, you do have to understand that the really high difficulty doesnt help the case. It takes hours to find blocks atm thats why this merged mining patch is needed

Digigami

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:48:20 PM

I thought I'd give solo mining a try with this coin. After about 1/2 a day, I was super pleased to have found a block! Awesome.

The bad news is that just a few hours later, the block I found was ORPHANED.  Angry Angry Cry It's not like the same block was solved simultaneously as mine, it was hours later.

So I'm pretty pissed at that and just about ready to drop Bytecoin. It's hard to have faith in the coin when basic things like this happen.

As Ahmed_bodi pointed out this is an effect of difficulty and the overall network condition at the moment. An unfortunate problem no doubt, but don't let it mean your ready to give up already!

My pool seems to have a pretty high % of the total network hashrate at the moment, and likely what happened is my BTE node did not recieve your solved block broadcast before the pool mined a block itself. If you are going to keep trying solo, add my node to your bytecoin.conf file "addnode=75.156.208.65" and this way the pool will see your mined blocks right away, and instead of continuing to work on one at the same height the pool will start working on top of your solved block and help ensure it's confirmed and stays in the block chain.

Hope that helps, and I'd be happy to help you if there's anything else I can do.
gyruss

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:24:28 PM

Thanks Ahmed_bodi and Digigami,

That makes a bit more sense. I guess the overall network is a bit fragmented with very few nodes available, hence the gaps. How is this affecting the difficulty though. My miner (bfgminer) says that the network has over 200 GH/s rate, but when I look at CoinChoose, the hash rate is listed as only ~9 GH/s. How often are blocks supposed to be generated? Bitcoin is supposed to be about every 10 minutes, correct? If Bytecoin is supposed to be 1:1 to bitcoin, then the difficulty seems too high because blocks are not being solved for hours (last I checked).

I understand that merged mining should help, because that would allow more people to mine while mining Bitcoin. But are there any stats on how many people merge mine or what the merge mine hash rate is? The only pool I know (besides P2Pool merge mining) that does merged mining is Bitparking, and their hash rate is only 9k GH/s.

Thanks again.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:26:47 PM

There was an attack which raised difficulty

gyruss

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:46:18 PM

Okay, so I've done a little more mining with Bytecoin, to see if adding more nodes has helped. I was able to mine two blocks. The first block is showing up in CryptoCoinExplorer, and it shows up as having 2 confirmations, so I am assuming that it is fairly permanent.

The second block on the other hand, doesn't show up yet on CryptoCoinExplorer. I am wondering if it is in the network at all or just on my local box. Is there a way to resubmit a solution to a block that has not been orphaned yet?
gyruss

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:33:34 PM

Looks like my second block solved today will be orphaned. Having a tough time trusting the network here. I solved the block 3-4 hours ago, and another block has just recently been solved in its place. If the network can't sync a single transaction in hours timeframe, it doesn't look good.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 09:37:22 PM

It could be a hostile node with lots of hash power

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: