Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin vs. Bitcoin Cash  (Read 462 times)
Weider (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Blockchain will change the world.

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:22:44 AM

Hello guys. Which currency you prefer? I don't have any of them and I am thinking about investing in one of them. Which will have bigger success?

Or you think I should invest in original Bitcoin? Is Bitcoin Core planning to solve scalability issue anytime soon?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:36:34 AM

I would spread around all of them.

Eventually bitcoin will solve the scalability problems, but the others will pave the way and be a test ground. Especially coins like litecoin.
abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:45:07 AM

LTC has grown pretty fast in dollar price past week. Here below you can see good comparison between BTC, LTC, BCH and DASH.
https://twitter.com/4goals77/status/939879778534023168
Weider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:50:31 AM

Eventually bitcoin will solve the scalability problems, but the others will pave the way and be a test ground. Especially coins like litecoin.

When BTC solve scalability issue, BCH will be useless no?

LTC has grown pretty fast in dollar price past week. Here below you can see good comparison between BTC, LTC, BCH and DASH.
https://twitter.com/4goals77/status/939879778534023168

Wow. Now I am wondering, if I shouldn't invest in Dash Cheesy ...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
Obama07

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:46:07 AM

Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash both are most valuable coin in this digital crypto currency market . Now a days Litecoin growing very faster . suddenly it’s price very first grow but Bitcoin cash price also grow and more value able hope it will be more valuable in future. In this online market now a days altcoin are move very faster.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:57:28 AM

Hello guys. Which currency you prefer? I don't have any of them and I am thinking about investing in one of them. Which will have bigger success?

Or you think I should invest in original Bitcoin? Is Bitcoin Core planning to solve scalability issue anytime soon?

I prefer Litecoin to Bcash, but there are much more innovative altcoins. Litecoin is basically just a copy-paste of Bitcoin. I'm happy to trade its occasional pump cycle, but it's incredibly painful to hold historically. Once the bull market is over, get as far away from LTC as you can.

It sounds like you are considering "investment" in Bcash. I'd reconsider. Think about why Bitcoin is valuable: its network. So there is very high demand and a very limited supply. Bcash doesn't have that network value. It's got a few big names pushing it, but that's it. Cheap transactions obviously aren't drawing Bitcoin's network to switch to Bcash.

Core's been fighting the good fight for years. Now that Segwit is active, Lightning transactions are being tested on the mainnet. I think we're looking at exponential scaling mechanisms inside of a year or two. Pretty amazing.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:22:27 PM

I prefer Litecoin. It's still such an undervalued coin in my opinion.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:30:36 PM

When BTC solve scalability issue, BCH will be useless no?
When segwit 2x + off-chain improvement through the lightning network will be implemented. But I don't know when that will be happening in the future. Litecoin and bitcoin cash just improvements version of the bitcoin with better scalability. But the bitcoin still become the main actor in the crypto. When community will be deciding to do another fork and it may help the bitcoin to fix its scalability problem.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:32:36 PM

neither of them are really currencies because you can not spend them on actual things!
and both can be good and can be terrible at times. you need to work on your timings. buy before the pump and sell before it ends and then you can say you have made a good investment. i doesn't matter which coin that is.

Or you think I should invest in original Bitcoin?
you should always have some investment in bitcoin no matter what!

Is Bitcoin Core planning to solve scalability issue anytime soon?
does it matter? LOL. it seems not. although i believe in the long run scaling may bite bitcoin in the ass but in short term it doesn't matter it seems like!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:05:44 PM

If we look at those two altcoin, I prefer investing in Litecoin because for me it has a higher success than Bitcoin Cash. Here's why I don't think Bitcoin Cash have a higher success, BCH don't have segwit, and it is a hard fork coin and huge of its supply is pre mined that is cheating while Litecoin started from scratch and still faster to transact compared to Bitcoin Cash. But overall I would still choose to invest in Bitcoin, yes core developers are trying to solve scalability issues, they implemented segwit to reduce the transaction fee and to make it faster to transfer but still not enough, now they are working with lightning network and hopefully it solves the problem that we are all waiting for.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:21:56 PM

Investing in bitcoin is normally the best choice when it comes to crypto, since it's the coin with the best dev team behind them. Also, if bitcoin fails other will probably fail as well. Investing in an altcoin might be a great option for fast profit, because given to their still low price, they probably have a lot or margin to grow.
About making a choice between bcash and litecoin, I have no doubts about going for litecoin. It has amazing growth portencial, is listed on coinbase, has a good dev, and let's nor forget that is already testing lightning network as well. Bcash is going all in on the short term, and all they seem to be doing right now is increasing the blocksize, and now they seem to be creating a credit card. They want mass adoption, and they want it now. They are ahead of bitcoin in terms of fees and speed, I wont argue with that, but they will probably have a fast death, as soon as the lightning network gets deployed. So even if they win the race now, other coins will still take their lead in the future, so I don't think they are a good investment.

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:25:39 PM

I would prefer litecoin over bitcoin cash. I personally like litecoin developer. He always talk realistically. Calling out mistakes and truths. By the way bitcoin cash stands good but not good enough to beat bitcoin.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

Litecoin all the way, not a hard decision at all.

LTC's been around for ages, it's proven the test of time.
After all these years it still has an community backing it up and active development on it.
It is widely accepted and the most important part, it is widely used to directly trade into fiat and also can be used to directly buy alts (instead of converting to btc first then buying).

Now BCH, hmmmmmmm, born out of a fork of btc that not didn't have community consensus.
Developers using all kind of shady tactics to "overthrow" bitcoin.
Fails, so artificially pumps the price.
No one believes or supports it but uses it just to get a quick buck.

So, which one do you think has a better future?
The actual price of coin is like the 5th thing you should consider when trying to pick a coin that has value.

Weider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

Is in it to late to invest in BTC? I bought some 4 years ago for $124/each and I sold it for profit not even $100. So I am still pissed and feel like idiot buying now for almost $20k.

Cryptotenuse

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:58:38 PM

Much better Litecoin that Bitcoin Cash, for so many reasons that we cannot even name them all Smiley
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:01:09 PM

Much People Said they like Bitcoin cash Because the Price are more higher.
but for me I choose Litecoin because this coin made a unique sense.
and The price since 2013, this coin are very stable overtime and on this year it will be a High touch.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Stayn

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:03:07 PM

Well, Litecoin is strongly connected with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash has the Bitcoin branding in the name as well. Jeez, this is really close, I don't know.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:25:54 PM

Correct assessment. In fact, Litecoin is the obvious choice for me against Bitcoin Cash. It has Segwit, it will have lightning network, it will have atomic swapping, and who knows what next? It keeps moving along at the rate of "fast" when it comes to development, while Bitcoin Cash is too busy making political moves and marketing. Litecoin also has a very positive community, closer to that of Bitcoin, and makes no enemies. Bitcoin Cash wants to be aggressive, with us or against us. I cannot abide by that type of attitude, really. Litecoin is more honest, drama free. What happens when BCH folks disagree one day? Another quick fork?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:30:07 PM

Litecoin and bitcoin cash has lots of similarity like low transaction fees, both are only used for payment and doesn't offer smart contract feature but litecoin is pretty old than bitcoin cash. I will rather trust LTC with my money than bitcoin cash which is basically backed by few millionaires who can easily dump all their free BCH on our buy orders.

Yeah there is plan for lightening network which will allow off chain transactions with almost zero fees.

pushkarmore

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:46:07 PM

According to me Litecoin and bitcoin cash both are looking good and you need to invest your capital into diversifying portfolio rather than in anyone.Litecoin is been increasing and gaining strong demand from past three weeks and it is the right time to invest over there as there is still more space left over there.I have been wondering whether you are tracking them regularly or not because chances of entries will come on dips and I request you to invest at that time.Apart from litecoin and bitcoin cash, i request you to invest in Neocoin, Dash, Zcash where the demand is similar to litecoin and bitcoin cash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: