Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Impact of bitcoin futures  (Read 610 times)
ShareAccepted (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:50:40 PM

I just wanted to know if anyone has theories about the impact of having bitcoin futures. Although there seems to be not  many people shorting hehe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:18:48 PM

No theory other than it will help bitcoin and other cryptos gain exposure in the long run. Oh whoops maybe I am that idiot then I am currently shorting gl my dumbself. Cool

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
sandy8800

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:24:57 PM

It will give bitcoin more exposure to real world and ultimately exposure to all alt coins and as more and more people know about it and try to invest in crypto, the prices will increase.
SatoshíNackamoto

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:42:13 PM

There is a lot of different options.

I dont think it will impact much till they trade actual BTC and not just paper.
Low Sigma

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Algorithmic Trader

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:13:16 PM

Cboe, CME, NASDAQ don't trade paper !
I don't know about the others but Cboe uses Gemini exchange behind.

What will be the impact of BTC futures on the BTC spot(underlying)? Well, actually very simple: the smart guys who have decades of experience will start to arbitrage out the inefficiencies in Bitcoin price evolution, simple as that.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:59:16 PM

Lets give it a time.  Some predicts a vast pump and next few months others has a worry of having a huge crash as we do not know if theres a manipulative plans to drop btc. 

I just wanted to know if anyone has theories about the impact of having bitcoin futures. Although there seems to be not  many people shorting hehe

reds15

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

I'm not sure what the problem right now with BTC but for sure right now is full recover.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:56:11 PM

Probably almost no effect whatsoever, it will work just like the normal market does and there will be plenty of people expecting the price will move one way and plenty the other, supply and demand of futures will not really spill over in to supply and demand for bitcoin, it will more be that they move in tandem in many ways

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:35:18 PM

I think the price volatility in the short term is gonna be very up and down.. but long term I think its great.. its no mystery that futures will be placed by smarter than your average crypto TA guy and its easy to tell when the market is in position to go long or short. Could see gigantic swings after BTC gets out of its FUD phase/bear channel and could maybe see 20k swings several times over the next 2 years... settling in IMO above 50k by 2020 and the volatility will start dropping.  This strategy also suits whales because they love fleeing to USD and letting the short happen to buy and go long on the flip side.

One thing to note here is most people think BTC holders make more money by going straight to 100k.. this absolutely is not true. whales love the idea of futures and things that gas up the rise then slam on the brakes for plummets.. because position trading for accumulation back and forth is going to make you exponentially more money in the long run.. you want to have 100 -1000 BTC at 10k instead of 10-20BTC at 100k.. and whales and futures pretty much shake hands in this area.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:15:51 AM

I thought it would have a bigger impact, actually maybe it had a bigger impact in advance. Bitcoin sure went up a lot this year, I bet it wouldn't be so high withotu futures.

Let's hope an ETF has the same effect. Or are there good ETFS arleady?
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:40:46 AM

Well we have seen that is has a short term effect on the price, specially last year when bitcoin went as high as $20K and I believed that it has something to do with the bitcoin future contracts.

However, long term, its has no dramatic impact as we have seen already that it was not sustainable and on the contrary it put bitcoin to fall down specially at the end of their offerings. I initially thought it would be good to the market, unfortunately, its not the case.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:24:00 AM

Funnily I'm beginning to have a feeling futures trading is really affecting the Bitcoin price and in fact I feel the whales are now really controlling the market,as far as I can remember ever since futures trading started,Bitcoin has been bearish most of the time.

jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:57:29 PM

Funnily I'm beginning to have a feeling futures trading is really affecting the Bitcoin price and in fact I feel the whales are now really controlling the market,as far as I can remember ever since futures trading started,Bitcoin has been bearish most of the time.

What's the logic behind that? It could just be pure coincidence, futures started trading at about 15k before the ATH of near to 20k. The market isn't down all that much since then.

How would futures allow whales to better control the market?

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:38:42 PM

From my point of view, bitcoin will have a very good and great impact in future. Right now only few peoples, are prone to the knowledge about bitcoins and the people who invested are half of them of the above. In future people will come to know about the benefits of the bitcoins so that everyone will invest which will lead to rise in the value of coins.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:18:47 PM

I do not have any theory but I as a bitcoin user I just believe if having bitcoin will earn a great income and bitcoin will have a high selling value in the future. that's what I'll trust

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:12:47 PM

There have been two theories about what the futures market will do to bitcoin, one is this will help institutional investors to get bitcoin and this will generate an interest in bitcoin and a bigger price but there are some other users that think these markets are going to suppress the price of bitcoin similar to what happens to gold, both are possible and we are only going to find out which one is true in the next years.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:27:49 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 09:52:36 AM by fanbeila

I just wanted to know if anyone has theories about the impact of having bitcoin futures. Although there seems to be not  many people shorting hehe
Impact of bitcoin futures was clearly seen in the first month itself leading bitcoin price tp reach ATH of almost 20,000.But now it seems that it has no effect over bitcoin price and bitcoin is totally free from the impact of bitcoin futures.Earlier bitcoin enthusiasts much feared that bitcoin futures would almost make bitcoin price crash just like tulip bubbles,but no such thing has happened and bitcoin has recovered and its now travelling on its own path.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

You can see that bitcoin prices are recovering extremely strongly over the past few days. Markets of countries around the world are increasingly open for bitcoin. There are a lot of countries that agree and let the traffic circulate legally. So I think the bitcoin price will quickly recover to the $ 20000 mark and may reach the $ 10,000 mark by the end of this year.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

Impact of bitcoin futures was clearly seen in the first month itself leading bitcoin price tp reach ATH of almost 20,000.But now it seems that it has no effect over bitcoin price and bitcoin is totally free from the impact of bitcoin futures.
This is still the effect of that event. It rose to $20,000 because of there was a lot of speculators that bought at lower prices and sold off at those highs at the same time bought bitcoin futures that were bearish with prices a lot lower than $20,000. Now when the time came that the futures were going to mature, they dumped all the bitcoins they had which completely brought the price down which was perfect for their share in the futures. Win-win for them for buying low and selling high then winning also their futures.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:42:04 AM

I just wanted to know if anyone has theories about the impact of having bitcoin futures. Although there seems to be not  many people shorting hehe
Bitcoin impact is already reflected in most of the countries and still some countries are implementing the cryptocurrency because after implementation of Bitcoin it will announce in global currency so  everyone should be curiously waiting. But currently some countries are avoiding the cryptocurrency so future all the government should understand crypto technology. The main problem is the cryptocurrency is it will fluctuating any time we don't control the cryptocurrency so it is major drawback of the crypto platform. Some peoples are thinking price is the impact of Bitcoin but price is just a demand and supply the real impact is when it will accept all over the world.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: