Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do girls use Bitcoin ?  (Read 170746 times)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:52:19 PM

I keep hoping this thread will improve. The highlight for me was the picture with the small birds.

Logged in just to ignore a certain miner.

Obviously some women do use Bitcoin. Why that implies they have to show you pictures... I don't know.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:14:46 PM

I keep hoping this thread will improve. The highlight for me was the picture with the small birds.

Logged in just to ignore a certain miner.

Obviously some women do use Bitcoin. Why that implies they have to show you pictures... I don't know.

A pretty solid (and AFAIK, never refuted) "Tits or GTFO" defense was on page 10.
There are no girls on the internet!

If I can pontificate a bit, for your edification. One of the rules of the Internet is: "there are no girls on the Internet." This rule does not mean what you think it means. In real life, people like you merely for being a girl. They want to f*** you, so they pay attention to you and they pretend what you have to say is interesting, whether or not you are genuinely interesting, or that you are smart of clever, whether or not you are actually smart or clever. On the Internet, there is no chance to f*** you; this means the advantage of being a "girl" does not exist. You don't get a bonus to conversation just because someone wants to put their c**k in you.

When you make a post like "hurr durr, I'm a gurl," you are begging for attention. The only reason to post it is because you want your girl-advantage back, because you are too vapid or too stupid to do or say anything interesting without it. You are forgetting the rule "there are no girls on the Internet." The one way around this rule, the one way you can get your "girlness" back on the Internet, is to post your tits. This is, and should be, degrading for you, an admission that the only interesting thing about you is your naked body.

I think there'd be something similar if someone kept throwing "I'm of x ethnicity" in folks' faces (uh... probably not "Tits or GTFO"). I've never encountered, that, though. "Tits or GTFO" generally only pops up when someone explicitly admits to being female when there's no reason to bring that into a conversation. It happens a lot. Still, some don't understand "Tits or GTFO," so if there is a valid reason to admitting female, they're sometimes harassed as if there were no reason to admit sex.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:44:32 AM

A pretty solid (and AFAIK, never refuted) "Tits or GTFO" defense was on page 10.

Maybe because it's such a fallacious argument nobody's bothered to.

There are no girls on the internet!

If I can pontificate a bit, for your edification. One of the rules of the Internet is: "there are no girls on the Internet." This rule does not mean what you think it means. In real life, people like you merely for being a girl. They want to f*** you, so they pay attention to you and they pretend what you have to say is interesting, whether or not you are genuinely interesting, or that you are smart of clever, whether or not you are actually smart or clever. On the Internet, there is no chance to f*** you; this means the advantage of being a "girl" does not exist. You don't get a bonus to conversation just because someone wants to put their c**k in you.

When you make a post like "hurr durr, I'm a gurl," you are begging for attention. The only reason to post it is because you want your girl-advantage back, because you are too vapid or too stupid to do or say anything interesting without it. You are forgetting the rule "there are no girls on the Internet." The one way around this rule, the one way you can get your "girlness" back on the Internet, is to post your tits. This is, and should be, degrading for you, an admission that the only interesting thing about you is your naked body.

Let's take this apart point by point.

One of the rules of the Internet is: "there are no girls on the Internet." This rule does not mean what you think it means.

This argument is just redefining an unambiguous plain-English sentence. It's a textbook example of a no true Scotsman fallacy.

In real life, people like you merely for being a girl. They want to f*** you, so they pay attention to you and they pretend what you have to say is interesting, whether or not you are genuinely interesting, or that you are smart of clever, whether or not you are actually smart or clever.

This argument is completely wrong and unsubstanciated. People do not "like" someone merely for being a girl; no more than people "like" someone merely for being a boy; conclusion is void. The so-called "cause" pretends that humans care only about sex, which is an outrageous statement.

On the Internet, there is no chance to f*** you; this means the advantage of being a "girl" does not exist. You don't get a bonus to conversation just because someone wants to put their c**k in you.

Since this advantage never existed in the first place (count how many "girls" are in the top tiers of society), the non-existence of it over the Internet doesn't matter at all.

When you make a post like "hurr durr, I'm a gurl," you are begging for attention.

Cite one example of such a post. Simply acknowledging the fact that one is female elicits sexist responses. Humans tend to want to find similar humans. People post threads asking if anyone else plays chess or is Polish. Asking if there are "any other women here" is no different, and certainly is not begging for attention.

The only reason to post it is because you want your girl-advantage back, because you are too vapid or too stupid to do or say anything interesting without it.

There is no such "girl-advantage" in the first place. The argument is still wrong regardless. There are myriad reasons for posting such a message, such as finding similar people, starting meaningful debate, or simply introducing oneself to a greater audience.

You are forgetting the rule "there are no girls on the Internet." The one way around this rule, the one way you can get your "girlness" back on the Internet, is to post your tits. This is, and should be, degrading for you, an admission that the only interesting thing about you is your naked body.

• ...the rule "there are no girls on the Internet." There is no such rule.
  • The one way around this rule... If it were a rule, there would be no way to circumvent it. If there were, there are almost certainly others. Extraordinary claims such as this require extraordinary proof.

The last point here is the most "wrong" of them all. "Posting ones tits" is a far cry from gaining an edge in intelligent conversation. It is not only degrading to oneself, but also to ones image in the minds of others. No sane person would listen to arguments from such a person. Such an action certainly doesn't expose cleverness or intellect.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 05:35:51 AM

By that logic, about half the interesting 'guys' you meet on the Internet must be girls in real life (they do make up about half the population, after-all). You see, truly interesting girls have no reason to reveal their gender: so they won't.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:38:17 AM

By that logic, about half the interesting 'guys' you meet on the Internet must be girls in real life (they do make up about half the population, after-all). You see, truly interesting girls have no reason to reveal their gender: so they won't.

Maybe. Hard to say. For all I know, you might be a woman. I might be a woman.
cassieheart

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:43:46 AM

So only girls who pretend to be guys are truly interesting LMFAO? Most girls don't reveal their identities because a large percentage of guys on the internet are elitist trolls, Creepers and are just plain mean. As you know most girls don't take rejection and criticism very well and the thought of a guy hanging out in the bushes probably scares them lol. So they chose to remain anonymous. See guys behind a key board tend to grow huge hairy mean balls. In real life its a different story. Me, its pretty much a part of my job to deal with jerks and trolls and i love it to a degree.I meet some pretty interesting people in my line of work. btw this thread has got really facked up.

saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:58:55 AM

why are you asking this question please explain  Do girls use Bitcoin ?

racistconspiracy

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:21:36 AM

my aunt uses bitcoins to gamble
saif313

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:33:58 AM

my aunt uses bitcoins to gamble

cheers best use of bitcoins and from aunt is more better   Grin

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:16:12 PM

Do hot girls now use Bitcoin?

Chipug looks pretty hot.  I think she is on a Cam site or something though... Cheesy
saif313

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:43:53 PM

Chipug looks pretty hot.  I think she is on a Cam site or something though... Cheesy

yes she is hot and Cam is on  Cheesy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:34:24 PM

The objectification of women for the win. rofl

Damnsammit

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:42:12 PM

Jackie Treehorn treats... objects... like women, man...
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:59:14 PM

It's hard to say.  I have yet to come across a real, live human other than myself that uses bitcoin.  I don't see the point in going to bitcoin meetups, and it simply is not common enough to see men and women buying coffee with it yet.  

So I can only go by what I see online.  And it's a giant sausagefest in the bitcointalk forums and on reddit.  I'd have to say no, there are no women who use bitcoin.
jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

Heh. My gf "uses" it. But only because I sent her 0.01 to start with, just so she's part of it as early as possible. Who knows, maybe that 0.01 will be worth 100$ some time.

cassieheart

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:29:07 PM

chipug's not a cam girl.... 

Damnsammit

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:30:43 PM

In my mind she is...
chipug

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

696B6111

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:10:20 PM

Riiiiightt  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Glad to see you edited somewhat.  Did someone point out how unintelligent your reply made yourself sound? 

You see, truly interesting girls have no reason to reveal their gender: so they won't.
By your logic, Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen, Patricia Cornwell, JK Rowling and any other women that could have kept themselves anon and haven't are truly uninteresting people. Well done you. Pat on the back.

Thank you for being the only one to pay attention! Also, I think it's a fair point to say a lot of women don't say they are women because all you get are messages asking you to do something sexual. I'm open because I don't like it, hence my sig. Pisses me off, [wo]man. It's fine if you have a business like yours, but not every girl does.  Btw, if I'm feeling polite, I answer messages with your link Smiley If not...they are a different kind of blue Wink LOL

I think she is on a Cam site or something though... Cheesy
Cam is on  Cheesy
* chipug facedesks! knew Damnsammit would come back with something like that Tongue
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

In my mind she is...

I'll fight you for your mind.  Angry
Damnsammit

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:41:40 PM

In my mind she is...

I'll fight you for your mind.  Angry

I'm not exactly sure where my mind is right now.  Probably off in a gutter somewhere...

We can haz fight later?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: