Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is King.. why is it?!  (Read 1848 times)
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:52:59 AM

It will be the universal currency. Fast money transfer peer to peer with no middleman. Global transaction fee reduced to lowcost. It's the future.

Yes,bitcoin is the king because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the price is the beggist in all cryptocurrency and bitcoin is the popular in the whole world and bitcoin is the known for investment so that bitcoin is the king and i heard many times if you invest a bitcoin you have a chance to become rich if you have a patience to wait the price goes up.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
tvtoan1994

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:02:20 AM

bitcoin is the king because it was the first ever coin in the crypto market. so people were unaware of it and after awareness the first word on their mouths about crypto currencies was bitcoin. So now this coin is the king among all others.
Furzo

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:13:25 AM

Yes i agree bitcoin is the supreme of all crypto its price is too far and seems even ethereum cant overtake its price however bitcoin is popular of them all. Nowadays bitcoin popularity and existence has change the payment system because of its anonymously and faster transactions.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:22:13 AM

I understand for the past years, Bitcoin has been the king of cryptos, but why is that so? I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins back in August (sold them all today, for 4x returns and am keeping all the money in the broker account, and maybe i'll buy BTC again just as soon as i manage to retrieve my belief in BTCs future viability -i am trying really hard).

Enough background, now on to the topic at hand. I am now all too familiar with the challenges BTC has in front of it, and i sincerely can't see a solution.

1. Slow transactions - If you pay a high enough fee (at the moment over $15), you'll get a 10 minutes confirmation for your transaction. So at the very least it takes 10 minutes for a transaction to pass through, which really isn't so much assuming one is willing to pay the high fee. If one doesn't want to pay over $1 (i mean why should we, since the original idea of cryptos was that they should be cheap, fast and anonymous!), then one will wait indefinitely, probably for days or even damn weeks!!!

2. High fees - Now over $15 for high priority on the blockchain. Imagine if the price were to multiply by 5x. The fees!! $100+ per transaction maybe? This is insane. Satoshi Nakamoto has/have probably unfortunately died (i mean he/they WOULD by now have come forward and said enough is enough, miner cartels are ruining the BTC system and these high fees are outrageous insanity) turning in his grave with the hell that is happening to the BTC's ecosystem.

3. Lack of solutions - The major solution everyone is currently clinging to is the Lightning Network. Really?? It is still theoretical. Will it ever be effectively implemented and integrated into BTC and its blockchain? We don't know. Will it be practical, and effectively reduce costs substantially? We don't know! When will it be ready? Sometime in 2018? With a measly small team of developers? 2018 maybe! If it ever becomes pratical. Right now it seems the WHOLE BTC ecosystem hopes that the LN will work and solve ALL of BTCs complex problems. This is a very big and risky assumption. If it doesn't, i sincerely don't see how the BTC is going to navigate ever higher demand and users. It will bottleneck even more and the result will not be pretty. Besides, the whole concept of creating off-chain direct channels between users doesn't seem very practical to me, but perhaps i am wrong.

4. Miner cartels? Have major miner groups taken over the BTC? I haven't studied it deeply enough to make this conclusion, but this is the feeling i am fetting, maybe i am very wrong. Why isn't a solution to this DAMN OBVIOUS BOTTLENECK PROBLEM being chased with the urgency that i think the BTC community should have? Maybe i am missing something, or many things, i am by no means an advanced and very knowledgeable member of the community. But is the theory that major miner groups hijacking the BTC ecosystem in order to keep their high fees absurd? Maybe it is, but at my current understanding it seems like a possibility.

5. Bitcoin considered solely as a store of value. Right now, the only use of BTC is functioning as a store of value. Let other cryptos serve the more mundane task of serving as cash! BTC is digital GOLD! So the argument goes. Is this enough for the BTC? This isn't what i thought BTC was supposed to be. It SHOULD serve as a srote of value as well as a means for making fast and costless daily transactions. You see i am not against a system that serves solely as a store of value but i WONDER if it will be enough, will BTC present enough utility for people once they realize they can't use it for small transactions, but instead they should see BTC solely as something akin to a long term investment, that isn't useful for small transactions? The way i see it the more utility a crypto currency presents to its users, the ore value it will have, and right now there are a dozen CRYPTOS will a lot more utility than the Bitcoin.

So i ask again what makes Bitcoin the King? Network effect? The fact that it has been time-tested longer than any other crypto? A supposed community that supports it (what support they give eludes me too, i don't see much support actually)? Right now i see the BTC as a bloated, outdated and overvalued ecosystem that may survive and continue to thrive just because it has the first mover advantage and biggest network, but i am not sure of it and would really appreciate if it actually kept the edge in it's design and technology too over other cryptos. Right now i don't see it at all.

Bitcoin become the king of all coins in cryptocurrency because its was the first digital coins produced and orgazined by the founder of the crypto Mr.Satoshi Nakamoto,and  in terms of price value and popularazation as of now,theres no one would replace in its position in coin market caps,even sometimes theres is big fluctuation now in blockchain market.definetly bitcoin become the king of all coins because everything will be affected if bitcoin down,same also happen to  others coins its will turn red and dump,so therefore bitcoins is the most influential coins in the crypto market.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
AnaA

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:30:41 AM

Bitcoin has a large lead as a store of value over other cryptocurrencies in having existed 8 years without failure. The security of Bitcoin has been proven far more than its much younger counterparts with usage by almost every metric exceeding that of cryptocurrencies.

Also, bitcoin has already lapped the field and has the ecosystem and the resources to compete with significant advantages. Bitcoin has two things going for it that help significantly in this respect. Stability and entrepreneurship. Both far exceed that of cryptocurrencies thus far and will make catching up very challenging.
pastelbasah

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:47:50 AM

I think why bitcoin is king bitcoin is a coin that becomes a reference some coins below it like ethereum and other ,, if bitcoin price goes down then the price of all coins will also fall. if the bitcoin price rises then all the coin prices also rise even though the price increase is not so fast.
badwin8883

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:01:40 AM

Bitcoin deserve that kind of title due to I believe it is the first ever successful cryptocurrency resulting to a high value in the market.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:05:25 AM

I understand for the past years, Bitcoin has been the king of cryptos, but why is that so? I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins back in August (sold them all today, for 4x returns and am keeping all the money in the broker account, and maybe i'll buy BTC again just as soon as i manage to retrieve my belief in BTCs future viability -i am trying really hard).

Enough background, now on to the topic at hand. I am now all too familiar with the challenges BTC has in front of it, and i sincerely can't see a solution.

1. Slow transactions - If you pay a high enough fee (at the moment over $15), you'll get a 10 minutes confirmation for your transaction. So at the very least it takes 10 minutes for a transaction to pass through, which really isn't so much assuming one is willing to pay the high fee. If one doesn't want to pay over $1 (i mean why should we, since the original idea of cryptos was that they should be cheap, fast and anonymous!), then one will wait indefinitely, probably for days or even damn weeks!!!

2. High fees - Now over $15 for high priority on the blockchain. Imagine if the price were to multiply by 5x. The fees!! $100+ per transaction maybe? This is insane. Satoshi Nakamoto has/have probably unfortunately died (i mean he/they WOULD by now have come forward and said enough is enough, miner cartels are ruining the BTC system and these high fees are outrageous insanity) turning in his grave with the hell that is happening to the BTC's ecosystem.

3. Lack of solutions - The major solution everyone is currently clinging to is the Lightning Network. Really?? It is still theoretical. Will it ever be effectively implemented and integrated into BTC and its blockchain? We don't know. Will it be practical, and effectively reduce costs substantially? We don't know! When will it be ready? Sometime in 2018? With a measly small team of developers? 2018 maybe! If it ever becomes pratical. Right now it seems the WHOLE BTC ecosystem hopes that the LN will work and solve ALL of BTCs complex problems. This is a very big and risky assumption. If it doesn't, i sincerely don't see how the BTC is going to navigate ever higher demand and users. It will bottleneck even more and the result will not be pretty. Besides, the whole concept of creating off-chain direct channels between users doesn't seem very practical to me, but perhaps i am wrong.

4. Miner cartels? Have major miner groups taken over the BTC? I haven't studied it deeply enough to make this conclusion, but this is the feeling i am fetting, maybe i am very wrong. Why isn't a solution to this DAMN OBVIOUS BOTTLENECK PROBLEM being chased with the urgency that i think the BTC community should have? Maybe i am missing something, or many things, i am by no means an advanced and very knowledgeable member of the community. But is the theory that major miner groups hijacking the BTC ecosystem in order to keep their high fees absurd? Maybe it is, but at my current understanding it seems like a possibility.

5. Bitcoin considered solely as a store of value. Right now, the only use of BTC is functioning as a store of value. Let other cryptos serve the more mundane task of serving as cash! BTC is digital GOLD! So the argument goes. Is this enough for the BTC? This isn't what i thought BTC was supposed to be. It SHOULD serve as a srote of value as well as a means for making fast and costless daily transactions. You see i am not against a system that serves solely as a store of value but i WONDER if it will be enough, will BTC present enough utility for people once they realize they can't use it for small transactions, but instead they should see BTC solely as something akin to a long term investment, that isn't useful for small transactions? The way i see it the more utility a crypto currency presents to its users, the ore value it will have, and right now there are a dozen CRYPTOS will a lot more utility than the Bitcoin.

So i ask again what makes Bitcoin the King? Network effect? The fact that it has been time-tested longer than any other crypto? A supposed community that supports it (what support they give eludes me too, i don't see much support actually)? Right now i see the BTC as a bloated, outdated and overvalued ecosystem that may survive and continue to thrive just because it has the first mover advantage and biggest network, but i am not sure of it and would really appreciate if it actually kept the edge in it's design and technology too over other cryptos. Right now i don't see it at all.
Yeah bitcoin is kin because this is the no. 1 cryptocurrency that have a high volume and this is the first cryptocurrency so thats why the value of bicoin is too high than others and im sure and there so doubt that after 5 years it will become more famous .
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:12:21 AM

Yes, of course, it can be said that Bitcoin is the King of all coins. Naturally, if Bitcoin is said to be King because the price of Bitcoin is very high is indeed different from other coins. Bitcoin has a rapid development and from year to year always many people who believe in Bitcoin and make Bitcoin as a future investment assets. Bitcoin has helped a lot of people in need. I'm sure Bitcoin will be the King of coins forever.
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:17:44 AM

because bitcoin is the forerunner of all cryptocurrency currencies,
and its position is highly regarded as the king of the digital currency,
because it has a very high price and no other currency is worth more than the bitcoin price.
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:18:16 AM

Until now bitcoin is still king because bitcoin is the first and a pioneer. Bitcoin also can not be falsified. Also the existence of a supportive community. For the bitcoin transaction fees issue, I think it's worth it. If anyone still complains that it is still too expensive, it may be necessary to create more exchange sites so there will be price competition.
salintheonline

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:25:28 AM

BTC value it is like gold.It is for a long term investors.Bitcoin is decentralized and against bankers.The only disadvantage is that has currently high fees and slow transaction confirmations compared to other currency but these will be solved in 2018 with lighting network that will work on top of bitcoin.(in case that you want to pay for a coffee cup,but who does this??) It is the only cryptocurrency that has ATMs all over the world. Anyone knows of it, and all of these fluctuations in price are from bad news and government related media in order to lower the value of this revolution. BTC is the king because of it is ideology behind. People want their freedom in all ways.Bankers-scammers will be hit with this soon.I believe that in a decade USD, Euro.. and other currency will worth as much as a toilet paper. BTC price will EXPLODE. Taxation is the most illegal thing on the world.This must end.The 99 % of this planet wealth are on 1% hands because they want to rule our world.It is not fair share.I bought a fraction of a btc when it was 19300 and i am hodl it.I am not an expert of the cryptos and i am new to this so my thoughts are these above. I dont reject the other coins but this is a BTC page.

Bitcoin Has the Most Hash Power
Bitcoin is Widely Available
Bitcoin Has High Demand and Low Supply
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Against all odds, Bitcoin was able to spearhead the cryptocurrency movement and now, it serves as the standard with which other cryptocurrencies are compared to in order to rate their progress. Bitcoin has gained the trust of the people since its inception till date, hence the King.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:33:28 AM

It does not have to say anything new. Because Bitcoin is not left to say anything at all. Bitcoin is the first and the king in all coins. Its properties are so much more than any other coin can not be equivalent to.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:49:19 AM

Hello everybody! I'm not so versed in saying the various subtleties of the crypto-currency market, but I'm ready to assert that Bitcoin is the king of all the assets of the crypto currency market, because, with all the falls and take-offs of the BTC price, interest in this asset remains stable. New investors are steadily joining the ranks of Bitcoin fans, I'm sure that such a cosmic price increase, in recent years, is just the beginning. With all the shortcomings, Bitcoin and now takes the main place on all crypto currency exchanges. Let the programmers argue about the digital merits and demerits, - I'm a simple investor, - Bitcoin occupies the main place in my list of investments. And I, actively communicating with my friends, strongly advise investing in Bitcoin. Maybe I'm wrong, but the simplest proof of Bitcoin's dominance over all digital assets is his price.
roomboy85

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:21:59 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in the market and it has the highest value of all coins, it gives a lot of benefits to all user's which they can use it for some payments of bills, transfer of money peer to peer and also it was decentralized digital currency.
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:35:25 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in the market and it has the highest value of all coins, it gives a lot of benefits to all user's which they can use it for some payments of bills, transfer of money peer to peer and also it was decentralized digital currency.
Indeed, bitcoin is the king because it has the biggest marketcap and the most popular.
People are really talking about bitcoin and they do not even know that there are altcoins that are existing, that is the reality
so we have to accept it, besides as long as the entire market grow, it would be good for us altcoins investors.

oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:43:28 AM

a clear and fixed bitcoin remains the king for the digital currency,
because the early bitcon of another coin coin is now widely circulated,
and also with very high bitcoin prices so very worth bitcoin has the title of king for all the coins

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:32:23 AM

because they only know bitcoin when talk about crypto currency. just like people just know facebook when talk about social website.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:11:28 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 06:21:37 AM by kolbalish

Btc is king as it can only be created by using a special algorithm that limits the overall quantity of Btc to 21 million which means more people using it, increases its value.Btc is also guaranteed to be anonymous and unalterable.By using this,you can hide yourself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: