Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:13:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MOST IMPORTANT POST FOR NEW INVESTORS - reply and keep on page 1.  (Read 331 times)
ledaw

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:20:30 PM

This is the most useful advice a newbie could get.
So many people are asking for reccomandations of cheap coins without looking at the supply.
But the same goes for btc to be honest. For you to 10x your investment, btc will have to reach 140k (it's a little under 14k right now) Which is not impossible at all, I personally belive it will happen at some point but there are really good, undervalued projects out there, with wich you could 100x your investment in the same timeframe.

To be fair, marketing is right now the biggest factor in the potential of a coin. I've noticed this new trend of complete scam coins going up regardless of the supply, just because there is hype around them. You can of course make money with those coins, but you will have to know when to get out before they go down and die. I think it's much better to invest in projects with a good dev team, a good idea AND a low supply to maximize your investment.
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

Usually, the novice will put the price and the future of tokens together, but that's not right. A worthless token does not mean that there is no future.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Bitventurer

Activity: 488
Merit: 250

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:06:25 PM

dont agree with you OP, ADA and IOTA has risen big)

the fomo doesnt care - simply hype

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:19:01 PM

dont agree with you OP, ADA and IOTA has risen big)

the fomo doesnt care - simply hype

Well you are simply agreeing with me in that case.

Webark

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:04:21 PM

Good call on creating a thread, sure many newbies will find it useful... Just what we needed man, Very informative..

Anyway some Great points made, especially about the cake Smiley i'm fairly new to crypto currency technology and in the process of learning. Have learned allot since and Looking back on some of  posts made, was clearly very naive on the whole approach... quite embarrassing actually as i'm really the opposite in real life and tend to only ask questions if need be. Used to be an active member of many forums and developed a nature for researching, connecting the dots etc

Guess this can catch a newbie of guard since timing during the past month has been important, really speaks for itself the effort wasn't put in right away..Lesson learned for sure.

Safe to say the only cheap alt coin invested in at the time were Verge and Humaniq. were bought very low and are giving me some profits so will likely sell them when they rise next, not long was humaniq up 100% and verge too however decided to hold on before learning about the true nature..

at the time had also purchased quite a few digibyte and siacoin however fortunately sold them when both were up by %35 to free some funds to place towards other coins. Good move by the looks

Have since narrowed my search to to 2-3 coins at a time and choosing one to invest in of the 3.

the patience also pays off as you begin to notice trends when BTC rises etc. At the same time keeping funds in BTC will give a much better return then most coins. In the future when the alt coin prices reach new highs and buyers cash out into bitcoin, we should see BTC reach new highs. Most of my attention has now shifted to this. Mostly the top 5 coins and few others such as Waves, Stratis, Ethos, Vechain opposed to watching every cheap coin not long ago..

So sure i speak for all newbies when i say good post and to everyone who contributes to the forum thank you for your patience.. Keep up the good work
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: