Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas And BTC?  (Read 1844 times)
ParallelSquid

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:57:24 AM

I think Christmas had affected the price of bitcoin in the market. People received bonuses and they have used it to invest in bitcoin.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:00:55 AM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

Does Christmas or any holidays affects bitcoin?
Please elaborate. Thanks a lot
Christmas is the most awaited Holiday of the year. It is also the time where people spend too much money for the season. This is because most people prioritize to buy gifts or tokens to their love ones instead of buying bitcoins. Some people also sell their bitcoin while others convert their bitcoin into flat so they have money to use for the Christmas. The abovementioned reasons affect the market of bitcoin this coming Christmas so, we all noticed that bitcoin price lay low in going up. But, I believe that after this Holiday, people will go back and invest in bitcoin again.
ParallelSquid

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:03:36 AM

I hope that as the Christmas end, Bitcoin price will not be affected. I heard bitcoin will correct its price in the market.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:04:49 AM

I think people refrain from trading or performing task that is related to crptocurrency or even their own work during holidays. The holiday is intended to harness and express the fruit of the labor one have done in the whole year, thus giving more time to self, family, friends, and other. Holiday is also the time of spending so, I think more people will cash out some of their bitcoin to spend in this once in a year event.

I'm really not sure if christmas affects directly to its price decrease but somehow the logic of the circumstance where in many people are selling their bitcoins to exchange to physical has something to do with the supply and demand. However, bitcoin price is volatile so anytime of the year we really can expect a sudden change in its price but we will look forward for increase rather than decrease.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:05:35 AM

Definitely it would affects if people invest on it,the value would flactuates maybe its increasing or decreasing.But in bitcoin there is no holidays as long it was continues and added by investors.Its progress was continues growth and it does not affect by any holidays.
km4700ruda

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:06:16 AM

It wont affect the price, and if it does, the price can not drop because no one is going to sell millions or billions of dollars in order to buy gifts, it makes no sense at all.
In what the fuck were you thinking about when you started this thread?
Havven

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:07:17 AM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

Christmas is the most awaited Holiday of the year. It is also the time where people spend too much money for the season. This is because most people prioritize to buy gifts or tokens to their love ones instead of buying bitcoins. Some people also sell their bitcoin while others convert their bitcoin into flat so they have money to use for the Christmas. The abovementioned reasons affect the market of bitcoin this coming Christmas so, we all noticed that bitcoin price lay low in going up. But, I believe that after this Holiday, people will go back and invest in bitcoin again.
That's an interesting point, that people have other purchase obligations around the time of Christmas, thus potentially limiting their ability to invest in BTC. If we see a dip over Xmas, that might be the reason.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:06 AM

Holidays doesnt have any connection with bitcoin price change, miners and traders are almost online 24/7 or and some traders have bots in case they are offline, keep in mind that price change are made by traders supply and demand and not with the holidays.
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:21 AM

I think this season affect the price of bitcoin because many item in many malls is sale, thats why they sell thier bitcoins i think after this season bitcoin price rise high.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:43 AM

from what i see, the answer is Yes. because even in the weekend bitcoin price dropped a little. some of my trader friend said because some people sell their bitcoin for the weekend, or or during certain celebrations
That is one thing that i have been observed for when there is some of holidays the price goes down the one reason that i have seen for is of course they are selling it cause they needed some money this is the one thing that are real happen.
I still cannot testify it to myself because i don't have enough bitcoins to sell.But i really believe during these special occassions Christmas and New Year people want to have more money to buy gifts for everyone so maybe  they may sell part of their bitcoins to have abundant money instantly.
i not really sure too but since 2014 that i trade in some markets, there are certain dates that market volume be really low and bitcoin price decreased, there are weekend, chinese new year, christmas and other holiday. that is why i made that conclusion

SWONG

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:21:44 AM

do you need take the BTC to by gift? a bit of effect.Let we wait for the coming Christmas and examine the market.
Keep quietly heart and merry christmas
ParallelSquid

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:25:13 AM

do you need take the BTC to by gift? a bit of effect.Let we wait for the coming Christmas and examine the market.
Keep quietly heart and merry christmas

With the transaction fees right now? I don't think it is feasible to buy a $10 gift and paying a $4 or more transactions fee. Plus the factor that the price is still going. I don't think it will be a wise decision.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:36:22 AM

bitcoin is normal to become dropping low in a year the dropping price of bitcoin happen to 10 times or higher because we know that the bitcoin is really unsteady its change the value because it only dpends on the industry how good it works.but don't become worry because it is a good sign that the bitcoin dropping low because after that there's an rapidly rising up the price of bitcoin. any holidays cannot affect about the price of bitcoin they don't care about the holidays or what
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:44:32 AM

Maybe because some are converting their bitcoin to cash to spend money for christmas that would be possible. It is also because it is cryptocurrency so it is volatile so the price may go down and up but I don't think it will go down really to the bottom, only a little and it will comeback to biggest increase again.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:54:00 AM

Christmas or any other holidays may affect the price of Bitcoin. During big occasions like Christmas, people sell their Bitcoin to buy presents. As the number of people selling Bitcoin increases, the price of Bitcoin decreases. Why is that? It happens because there will be a competition in the market. Sellers will sell their Bitcoin at lower price to sell it immediately.
A.Chanaka Bandara

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Feeling Relax in Underpressure

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 07:17:12 AM

I am thought in christmas a lot of Bit coins will sell in people. So price of BTC will drop. Some people plan to give BTC as a gift their family members and lovers. So BTC market capital will increase near few days.

Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:26:57 AM

I can't speak on behalf of anyone in this forum since we are an international community here and each of us has a different set of national and even more local cultures and traditions. But as for me and my culture, during Christmas time to be exact, I think the Christmas season has an effect to Bitcoin. Christmas is a season of abundance. Huge bonuses here and 13th month pay, annual earnings, and all other benefits are usually given during this season. This is a season of much money. Therefore buying will surge to a very high level during this time. That could include Bitcoin-buying of course.
I agree about it because it is definitely true. Christmas season has become a good season for bitcoin because more people are earning and buying them. I think it has an effect because it is a season that many people get their bonuses and earn their money which includes buying of bitcoin. Especially this christmas season because of the high value of bitcoin, people will keep buying and earning it.
Yes its Christmas with bitcoin, although i have no bonus but earn with bitcoin. Thanks to bitcoin it gives me additional income for this chritmas.

Sall-Mo

Activity: 155

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:51:43 AM

I think people shopping at Christmas will have some impact on the price of BTC, but this is not the main impact. B There are many reasons that influence the price of BTC, such as the policies of various countries, the popularity of BTC, the news, people's confidence in BTC and so on.
Muruga

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:01:16 AM

I think bitcoin price will decrease before Christmas. Then 20 days will be very volatile. And after January 15  there will be a steady growth again.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:04:58 AM

Maybe there is a slight chance that Christmas affect Bitcoin but very slight only that is when Bitcoin user decided to sell some of their Bitcoin to buy Christmas gift and prepare for the celebration. I mentioned that it only affects slight because not all user or not all people celebrate Christmas. If the amount of Bitcoin converted to cash is low it really doesn't affect much in the Bitcoin market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: