Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 943 times)
MeongElek

Activity: 418
Merit: 10

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:51:38 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.
Yes, your guess is right that nobody is buying and stocking bitcoin for long periods of time. If the bitcoin value does not increase, I make sure the bitcoin is not as famous as it is now. That means people are interested in bitcoin because of their lucrative investment value. Bitcoin will only be an online payment, if its value never goes up.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:21:31 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 03:41:56 PM by cybersofts

The price volatility of Bitcoin is encouraging so many investors to buy this crypto currency with the hope that its price will go to the moon in the future. If BTC have a stable price so many investors will avoid buying it because they have already many doubts about digital currencies generally.
Not everybody take bitcoin as an investment opportunity, some of us here only loves bitcoin as a currency just like USD only better. The bitcoin price growth is only just an advantage.
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:07:25 AM

Most likely, I would not do this because I specifically invest in bitcoin because the price of it changes and I earn it
Well, if this happens then nobody will invest their money in bitcoin because everyone wants to earn from it, this is why people do invest their money so that they can earn profit. The raising price of bitcoin gives its holder profit because when someone holds it for a long time, may be few months or almost a year then they earn some profit on their invested amount and this is the simplest way of earning nowadays.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:59:38 AM

I would not buy bitcoin. For sure, majority of the people won't buy bitcoin and if there will be few people would buy, this will result to bitcoin's fall. I think it might be more okay to use fiat money.
If bitcoin’s price remains constant and doesn’t increase then it is useless to buy bitcoin or invest money in it because we know that we would not get any profit on it so no one will go for it but this is not possible that bitcoin doesn’t increase its price.

In this world, mostly people are earning investing their money in bitcoin because whenever its price increase then it will be beneficial for its holder and they earn profit in this way.
Danyal ali

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:36:34 AM

My answer is no because bitcoin reaches gold in the value and bitcoin is also going to be high in prices and values so i don’t think so that bitcoin would never change in values.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:54:08 AM

Hang on there. I do not get the point why you relate the possible increase of price of Bitcoin to it being a Ponzi Scheme as you have supposed it to be earlier on. The increase and decrease of Bitcoin's price is closely dependent on the increase and decrease of Bitcoin demand and not necessarily on the number of people who will buy the same because of the assumption that Bitcoin's price will increase. It may have an indirect effect but you can never attribute the same to be the sole purpose. Also, by definition, Ponzi Scheme means payment of quick returns. In Bitcoins, there is no such payment since it is you who is responsible for your own profitability. The returns you have in Bitcoins depend on how you decide to earn in the first place.
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:37:51 AM

"What's the point of buying it if it won't grow?"

There is an option the same like people today buying gold for example.
If they know the price is stable, they will buy it to protect their savings (not in banking systems or something deposit fund).

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

If I bought it inexpensively and the price would be today then yes I would buy well and maybe used as a protection of my savings
Sunnyyy

Activity: 118
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

No, if the bitcoin value is only at one level, we will not profit from it. We invest in bitcoin based on value fluctuations to make a profit. If its value is just a level I think it will quickly decline

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
rashidfield

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:49:56 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

You could not have said the better. The profitability is in its volatile value to lower and to climb !! This is the bag no?
twinkledthomas

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

I will win, not immediately but definitely

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

If the price is stable, then trades will not happen. Ten no network congestion,so the transaction speed will increase. i think who has bitcoin they will hold. no one will buy again.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:57:03 PM

if bitcoin prices will never change I will not buy them, currently I buy bitcoin only for trading, and I am looking for profits from rising and falling prices, but if my country has legalized transactions using bitcoin maybe I will buy bitcoin just as a means of payment
rickyleatham

Activity: 126

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:05:49 PM

i suppose if bitcoin never change its value but keep going same price through years, i will not choose to invest in bitcoin because i wont do anything related to money without any profit for me in the future, i would rather choose other altcoins to invest rather than bitcoin.

cryptokudi

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

The  value of bitcoin is the most amazing value in currency because it can be changed anytime anywhere and by that feature bitcoin become really more interesting yet exciting way or maybe kinds of gaining and maybe  it is now getting popular because maybe people believe in it and appreciate its unstable price so then if the value of bitcoin is stable maybe bitcoin can fall down.
Tennouji

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:35:44 PM

My answer is no. If its value doesn't change, it's nothing to everybody.
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

If it stays the same with all the problems it has right now I would not buy it at all. I already know better cryptocurrencys which can provide faster transactions and way lower fees and are also much more reliable when it comes to anonymity and securing your privacy. Some of them also have great extra features and more usecases than btc

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:41:54 PM

As a student if its price will stay the same and surely I will not gain profit from it then I would not buy it because I do not need it. Still, there is a lot of person that will buy bitcoin because of it anonymous and decentralized system that protect the profile of its users. I guess most of criminal in the underground market will buy bitcoin to be use in the transactions.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:49:55 PM

what is the essence of buying bitcoin when it will neither increase nor decrease in value,it mean you will have to get it back no profit no loss, that should simply be referred to as savings, in such condition, saving in the bank would rather be better because at least it will yield interest. 
lalabotax

Activity: 1526
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:51:51 PM

assessment and question that is very silly, it illustrates that you really do not know anything about bitcoin. so, my advice to you
learn and read a lot from references to bitcoin. then you can draw a conclusion after you really understand and know about bitcoin or other crypto.

accm092

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

What would be the sense of buying bitcoin if this will not grow or earn in the long run??
Everyone know before putting some money in BTC that they will earn when investing on it.
i don't think they will make this stuff without any sense or money matters related.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: