Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 947 times)
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:38:39 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

Honestly, I do not care about the value of Bitcoin and I will still buy it. Yes, it is true that the value of Bitcoin is unstable but time will come that the value will become stable once it starts to mature. This is a new currency system, a new technology and we need to embrace it to become part of the future.
icopir

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:46:04 AM

If it was stable and safe then I would use it in saving my money, like some people do with gold or something else
azker

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:18:35 AM

Mostly not, as there are many investments that have a good value which are also not affected by such fluctuations as bitcoin does and can be traded more easily  with laymen in general. If it is had a bit more support back then I would have considered buying a small amount.
Yeah as an investment a guaranteed fixed price is meaning less lol, it’s not an investment if the price is constant, it’s a stagnating asset and it is completely useless
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:29:40 PM

If bitcoin would never change in value, I would not buy anymore because people buy bitcoin in the lower value and they wait for the increasing value so that they will sell to others so that they can  earn a good profit. I won't be able to buy anymore because all I need is to gain money to use it for my future that's why we don't need to buy if bitcoin would never change in value. It can't help people if this will happen.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:31:49 PM

If bitcoin ceased to grow in price, then I'm sure that more than 90 percent of people would stop investing in it. Already, there are many good digital coins for functionality and convenience that far exceed bitcoin. Even once, when bitcoin stops in price growth, there will be coins that will continue to grow and in which it will be profitable to invest their money. Proceeding from this, if bitcoin ceases to grow in price, due to a drop in demand, it will immediately begin to depreciate.
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:02:00 AM

Well Bitcoin can still be used in convenient transactions ,its just like removing the investing part, either way bitcoin is useful.

fistteam

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:10:14 AM

Bitcoin is digital money, it's value is always changing. So many people invest in bitcoin to make a profit. If the bitcoin;s value does not change then I would not buy it and I think very few people would buy it.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

This is where your wrong because everything in this Earth depreciate/appreciate examples are precious metal, oil, food, even FIAT money may go up or down.  So why not crypto. If you think because its price goes up then everything can be considered a ponzi scheme.

You also need to rethink your definition of ponzi scheme because it is way off if you compare it to the bitcoin/clock chain system.
zorchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:54:20 AM

If he is on the same price course, he will lose his value and value as unproductive. Thus, to ensure interest in people how to make money from it simply can not be found)  Shocked
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

If he is on the same price course, he will lose his value and value as unproductive. Thus, to ensure interest in people how to make money from it simply can not be found)  Shocked

no , bitcoin woudnt loose its value at all because people will still use it due to the fact that bitcoin has many usage or purposes on both online or offline environments not just on making money or investing/trading but also in some other things like it can act as a peer to peer payment system therfor we can use it to send and recieve money abroad or locally and also it can be used to shop on most online stores. bitcoin and its  blokchain technology is verry innovative in a way that it can do many things.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:05:47 AM

Probably not anymore because bitcoin's volatility of its market price is the reason why you will earn a profit. Even investors may not even invest on it anymore and could even lead to dumping of their bitcoin holdings.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:07:39 AM

Well Bitcoin can still be used in convenient transactions ,its just like removing the investing part, either way bitcoin is useful.

agree, bitcoin is still usefull at all even though its price will become stable and cannot really be suitable for investing. if these could really happen then bitcoin could become more popular because many companies and merchants are now going to  use it as a part of their payment method because they wont now having a hard time to adust the price of bitcoin frequently and also these can now reduced the transaction fees and solve other problems like slow congested networks.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:15:50 AM

if the price on bitcoin has no change, and has a fixed price, for myself there would be no benefit if you want to invest in bitcoin. and my predictions of investors will be reduced in this bitcoin. because they can not benefit from here. and trade, investment will continue to decrease in this bitcoin
buhchain

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:19:10 AM

If the bitcoin value is high and does not change, I think I will continue to invest, if his value is not within the scope of my expectations, I will no longer support.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:27:34 AM

My answer is not for the word (no) but (yes) I will buy it,why not! I can take advantage of it.You don't know how BTC works in the market and how to breeding BTC,lots of ways to take a few bites as well.My suggestion You should not draw conclusions that you have not understood because the BTC price can't be determined by anyone and is not a ponzi scheme.
Regards best  Wink

mengpujiu93388

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:23:19 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, and prices are volatile. So many people invest. If the value of bitcoin stays the same, I don't think anyone will invest any more because bitcoin is unprofitable.
echo11

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:25:32 AM

No i would not buy it, for the purpose of buying is to make Profit and  weather it make profit or not, it is not a ponzi scheme. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and this can help in on line transaction, this can be considered by me to be a reason for me to buy it,provided it will be accepted for an online transactions.
daxkie

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:43:54 AM

I think no people buy bitcoin if it is never change in value because peoples interested to buy bitcoin in  the sense of its price volatility and that is the real thing mostly of them for the investors and traders.
El Tumar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:49:17 AM

me will still buy yes, but not many people else buy because people buy bitcoin now for profit not for currency.
HunterBTC

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:31:29 AM

I have never thought of it, because from the first time I learned of Bitcoin that Bitcoin's price changed and tended to rise, because of the decline or rise of Bitcoin's price was due to the number of buyers or the number of sellers. If more Bitcoin buys then Bitcoin prices will tend to rise but, if many are selling Bitcoin Bitcoin prices will tend to go down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: