Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 943 times)
mkettler

Activity: 66
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

I personally wouldn’t but I can see why bigger corporates would since it’s then like a security of 100% guarantee it wont fall in price and have a fixed value
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:54:33 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

I would stop buying. If the price would not even go up, then bitcoins would not be a sustainable kind of invesment. With the price remaining at a stagnant state, no one would even invest or buy bitcoins anymore. I think some supporters would buy just because of its features alone this time around.

The_Real_One

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:08:49 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

Yes. It's a currency therefore i can buy and spend BTC knowing the value won't drop. I can use BTC when going abroad thus bypassing the need to use foreign exchange companies. Not everyone is an idiot like you who buy and hope to sell higher and make a quick profit in fiat terms. Fiat is constantly inflated and worth less over time.
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:29:44 AM

I’ll probably still buy as it’ll let me buy the alts which vary in value, its not like every is trying to only HODL BITCOIN at the end of the day other alts too aren’t that bad
endlings

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:43:42 AM

I think I will hold a few, after all, bitcoin technology may become important in the future.
rontme

Activity: 101
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:50:53 AM

I think this question is meaningless. If the price of bitcoin is never changed, it is better to keep the money in the bank.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:10:02 AM

I do not know all that. I know the bitcoin price is always increasing so we always get pretty good results, look at the current price bitcoin with a relatively low price is your opportunity to earn a pretty good income. Because in next month look at bitcoin prices will be higher than this time. So this is very good for  you.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:20:47 AM

Probably I would say, I won't buy bitcoin or any form of currency or investment if the price doesn't rise. Everyone would like to have some profit for their investment and I'm also one among them. However, bitcoin is like gold and the price would never be fixed in a certain limit, it would raise day by day as like gold. If you see other scenario, if bitcoin is accepted for transactions everywhere I would buy to make transaction beyond boundaries.
oppochain

Activity: 101
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:53:21 AM

If bitcoin does not grow, why buy it? Do not invest bitcoin want to profit? So if you know Bitcoin is stable and not growing, I will choose not to buy it.
anne.montes

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:14:15 AM

No, i would rather not buy. Whats the point of buying if it wont grow. Who would want to invest in something that the value does not rise?
johnson4218

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:26:52 AM

It's not a Ponzi model, there's no money to pay for the previous one. It's just an investment. If the bitcoin value does not change. I still want to invest in bitcoin
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:41:54 AM

First tell me how you are going to measure the value of Bitcoin. Are you going to measure it versus fiat currency such as the United States Dollar? If you do that, then you may not be 100% accurate. Because the value of the USD is also not stable. It's value declines every year.
caaaaaaaattleah

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

Bitcoin volatility is what investors get interested into it. If bitcoin has stable price I wouldn't buy it. The idea of investing is the risk that you will take. Believe that your investment will grow and do not stay as it is. If you buy a bitcoin with stable price and not grow the investment is nonsense.
fatema

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Many users are interested in buying cryptocurrency due to the fact that the price of bitcoin is volatile. They thought that the value of Bitcoin would be like a golden deer. Although there is a stable price of Bitcoin. Yet many investors will be hesitant to buy it. Their ideas are suspected in digital currency.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:17:19 PM

The technology behind BTC is a revolution in the way we transact with money. It has the potential to become the digital currency of the future, hassle-free transactions with a click of a button, ability to send money across different countries without exchanging to foreign currencies, no hidden charges and fees, and being able to create an account/wallet without falling in line, etc. If it still offers the same features, It's a big YES for me.
jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

Not everyone pay bitcoin for a profit purpose,some buy  it for a business transactions,such as bill payment  but if bitcoin is used as currency worldwide there will be need to still buy
drukoz2

Activity: 395

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:10:05 PM

Most likely, I wouldn't have to buy the bitcoin in this case. Lost would be the idea of earnings. And as a cryptocurrency, we can not yet use bitcoin.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:17 PM

its being pushed from that perspective by the people who want to destroy it , and they seem to have been making great strides in getting this idea that you buy it to sell back at a premium and that is all its good for  . even in the investment world  you know your not gonna recoup your entire investment over night its gonna take time , but its now become the norm for people to only see it as a buy n sell item because this is how its being pushed , this is why we need someone , something with the responsibility for marketing the true bitcoin , getting the correct information to the public and not what someone wants us to think.

Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:33 PM

I'm sure that a significant part of people invest in bitcoin in the hope of making a profit by increasing its value. If they knew that bitcoin would not grow in price, they would not be buying it. Now it is still difficult to judge what will happen next with bitcoin, because as a payment system it does not show its simplicity and reliability in use. Bitcoin does not yet have a developed infrastructure, and therefore these two factors greatly influence the fact that it spreads very slowly throughout the world.
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:28:08 PM

No because at the moment price is not good yet. When times comes that price is good then that would be the perfect time to buy bitcoin. It wont happen that price will be stable. It tests our patience and economic strategy in order to gain bigger profits on good decisions we are going to make.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: