Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 944 times)
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

I am one of those people who purchased bitcoin only to use it as an investment. And price stability excludes the possibility of earnings. Unfortunately.

jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:28:04 PM

It depends of what are the people needs and reasons why they are buy bitcoin, some are them is for the investment, some of them is for use currency and most of them is to support the system of bitcoin. For me i admit, i want to buy bitcoin for investment, we know the value of bitcoin is gold.
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:40:34 PM

Yes. And if you ask why, I'll tell you the same reason why people buy gold. Bitcoin's price won't forever be so volatile like it is today. The value would stabilize eventually once the market matures and we got a stable amount of supporters and active users. And even when bitcoin's value stabilizes I would still invest on it. Not only will it make it a bit more attractive to people, bitcoin's value stabilizing means that it can now be considered a currency.

hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:52:16 PM

If bitcoin doesn't grow then i will choose Ethereum rather than buying bitcoin. If community has alot of supporters then i will buy bitcoin probably. In altcoins there's a lot of possibility to increase it's value.
biangf

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:43:10 AM

I believe that everyone's answer is negative. If the value of Bitcoin never changes, it means that its price will not change, so people will have no sense in buying it. Most of the purchases of Bitcoin are based on its technology and appreciation space, so when its value is constant, people will not hold it or buy it.
shijizai

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:53:47 AM

People invest in Bitcoin in order to gain revenue. If people know in advance that it will not appreciate, they will naturally not continue to buy. This is a normal idea.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:58:28 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

No! because bitcoin will like a bank your money will not grow then why you need to buy if you cannot earn money from it, right? If thats the case i will just put my money in bank than in bitcoin because im not sure if bitcoin will not die because the price is stable and no one can use it or invest in bitcoin.
Hexon

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:23:57 AM

I will still use it, because although its value will be stable in the future, it also signifies the digital currency has been accepted by the world. but if not, it is also good to be a means to trade and invest.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:31:09 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.
We all are here for the profit so my answer is no. Lots of investors put their money on it because of profit and besides the popularity of bitcoin and its acceptance would not be this great if its prices did not increase.
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:30:44 AM

bitcoin is a new crypto currency being used by many people in this bitcoin. It is not just money income, but it also increases our talent. And if it's worth the price, then I'll buy it.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

I am one of those people who purchased bitcoin only to use it as an investment. And price stability excludes the possibility of earnings. Unfortunately.

It is not possible at first place that price would be constant because their is no product in the world whose value generally remain even if they are regulated like currency, stocks etc. And btc being unregulated so no way it will remain constant any time.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:04:55 PM

Of course I would continue to use bitcoin even more enthusiastically than before, because a stable value would allow it to be used with more confidence, putting aside the current problem that its enormous volatility represents for those who are not interested in bitcoin as a store of value, but as a currency of daily use.
ofelia25

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:10:41 PM

Of course I would continue to use bitcoin even more enthusiastically than before, because a stable value would allow it to be used with more confidence, putting aside the current problem that its enormous volatility represents for those who are not interested in bitcoin as a store of value, but as a currency of daily use.
If that happens then that would be the time wherein people will use it in a way as a currency, we can implement it as a currency since we have a stable price, but we have a fact, and that is not stable so we need to take advantage of the price variance.
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:21:00 PM

This is something that can not be controled, and i was gonna buy bitcoin without any problems if the price was fixed, indeed, it would be even better because you would never lose money. That is what most of the people is looking for, a store value
Dinatrio

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 09:44:24 PM

No. It's doesn't make sense for know. It's only speculative instrument for believers, not more.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:56:46 PM

Being volatile is the best in bitcoin as well other digital currencies have got. Also it could have been used mostly by the large scale holders as well by persons to escape taxation. Common peoples usage can be seen much low. Importantly the earning access provided is the one that making the bitcoin become more popular.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:38:44 AM

No, i won't buy it. I knew bitcoin price will be increase in the future, therefore i bought it.
The earlier adopter of bitcoin are lucky because they bought bitcoin with cheapest price at that time.
For now, we just can buy and wait for it. In general, cryptocurrency price increasing every year.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Sbdip

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:41:22 AM

I use bitcoin as my job payments..  I design webs and accepts payment only in bitcoin. I think that's the use of bitcoin as a currency for me.. I also bought most of the equipments with bitcoin too.. So there is real world use of bitcoin sure. As i said earlier too
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:44:17 AM

If bitcoin price will be fixed and will stay as is for good then it is not worth investing anymore. Volatility is one main reason why people invest in bitcoin. If bitcoins price become stable and does not move then you can't earn profit from it. Bitcoin will become more like a currency if thats the case.
cposeidon123

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:50:06 AM

I would not buy it since I already know that I will not get a profit from it and it will be a waste of time on buying something that doesn't give anything back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: