Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:14:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 )  (Read 3717 times)
poisonxa (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:48:17 AM

BETA VERSION 1.6.1 is out and live set your update to yes in 1bash and to beta ENJOY
CHANGELOG:
FIixed WTM ZZ issue
Added a floating coin to wtm for less usb io and to sync all other controllers
Redid fail safes to watchdog and temp control / overclocker
Fixed pl issue now it gets set prior to miner start
FIixed other small bugs and did performance tweaks to ai for faster response to temp/autooc
THANKS

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:47:08 AM

New image uploaded enjoy!

dileyko

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

Hi,

My rig stopped working today.
-------------------------------------- GPU LIST --------------------------------                                                                                 -------
ID-VENDOR-MODEL-PSTATE-TEMP-FAN-UTILIZATION-GPUCLOCK-MEMCLOCK-POWER-POWERLIMIT-M                                                                                 AXPOWER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                 -------
0, , Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch, Failed, to, ini                                                                                 tialize, NVML:, , , version mismatch, Driver/library,
1, , Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch, Failed, to, ini                                                                                 tialize, NVML:, , , version mismatch, Driver/library,
2, lize, Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch, Failed, to,                                                                                  initialize, NVML:, , , version mismatch, Driver/library,

It looks like NVIDIA drivers was updated...but not correctly.

m1@m1-desktop:~$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  384.90  Tue Sep 19 19:17:35 PDT 2017
GCC version:  gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)

m1@m1-desktop:~$ cat /var/log/apt/history.log
Start-Date: 2018-01-10  06:56:50
Commandline: /usr/bin/unattended-upgrade
Install: linux-image-extra-4.4.0-109-generic:amd64 (4.4.0-109.132, automatic), linux-headers-4.4.0-109-generic:amd64 (4.4.0-109.132, automatic), linux-headers-4.4.0-109:amd64 (4.4.0-109.132, automatic), linux-image-4.4.0-109-generic:amd64 (4.4.0-109.132, automatic)
Upgrade: linux-headers-generic:amd64 (4.4.0.104.109, 4.4.0.109.114), linux-libc-dev:amd64 (4.4.0-104.127, 4.4.0-109.132), linux-image-generic:amd64 (4.4.0.104.109, 4.4.0.109.114), libcuda1-384:amd64 (384.90-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, 384.111-0ubuntu0.16.04.1), linux-generic:amd64 (4.4.0.104.109, 4.4.0.109.114), nvidia-opencl-icd-384:amd64 (384.90-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, 384.111-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) nvidia-384:amd64 (384.90-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, 384.111-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
m1@m1-desktop:~$

How can I fix it?

Thanks
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:24:35 PM

You'll need to reetch new image uploaded

There was an update that was pushed that updated core drivers and now many systems stopped working

dileyko

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:32:24 PM

Is it possible to do this without reimaging?

Thanks
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

Reuploaded a new image with bugs removed and renamed the image for clarity thanks you guys! sorry for the huge bug last night i promise this wont happen again!

Greek_miner_

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:47:57 PM

First I would like to thank you again.  I set my max power to 130 watts with auto overclock only mining ZCL.  The first two cards we're set to 120 watt max but the rest stayed at 150. Is it just a matter of tweaking the auto temperature control settings?  I'm running 8 EVGA GTX 1070's.  Also the default ZCL mining pool zclmine.pro is getting me nowhere near what I should and there are plenty of complaints on this board about the pool. 
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:17:33 PM

First I would like to thank you again.  I set my max power to 130 watts with auto overclock only mining ZCL.  The first two cards we're set to 120 watt max but the rest stayed at 150. Is it just a matter of tweaking the auto temperature control settings?  I'm running 8 EVGA GTX 1070's.  Also the default ZCL mining pool zclmine.pro is getting me nowhere near what I should and there are plenty of complaints on this board about the pool. 

Come on discord to help u out to see what's up with your power settings

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:55:49 AM

guys if you have my telegram info saved as your telegram information please blank it out thank you im sorry for all the mixups

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:35:35 AM

BETA VERSION 1.6.1 is out and live set your update to yes in 1bash and to beta ENJOY
CHANGELOG:
FIixed WTM ZZ issue
FIixed other small bugs and did performance tweaks to ai for faster response to temp/autooc
THANKS
Ok earlier today I realized my rig was offline and must of been whatever update that got pushed crashed my drive so i downloaded the latest os burned it now I cant get any miner running eth or zec and it seems stuff that was in 1bash is missing
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:05:02 AM

CHANGELOG:
FIixed WTM ZZ issue
THANKS
Ok earlier today I realized my rig was offline and must of been whatever update that got pushed crashed my drive so i downloaded the latest os burned it now I cant get any miner running eth or zec and it seems stuff that was in 1bash is missing

get on discord ill help you out

MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:39:34 PM

I just downloaded your version (1.9.6.1) to check out... Navigating the settings wasn't super intuitive, but I finally got the hang of it and setting it to remote for SSH made my life much simpler.  I made the following changes:

COIN=ZEC
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH="NO"
WTM_PROFIT_CHECK="NO"
TEMPERATURE_CONTROL="YES"
LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"
TEAMVIEWER="NO"
DO_UPDATES="NO"
TELEGRAM_ALERTS="NO"
ZEC_ADDRESS="my address"

I'm particularly interested in the auto OC functionality - I'm also just running it first on a test rig with two 1080TI in it.

I watched the script running in the screen session, it said it was making changes to the mem speed, but when I tried "pxa gpu" in another window, the values weren't changing - is this expected behavior?  I tried the previous version and
it didn't seem to change the power limit, basically it was always at 260w - this one started out at 150w.  As I watch it increase the Core and Mem values, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the miner either - it just cruises along at the same hash rate as when it started.  Am I missing something?

Also, the script does print this error:

ERROR: Error assigning value 50 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed'
       (m1-desktop:0[fan:0]) as specified in assignment
       '[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=50' (Unknown Error).

And the fans (obviously) don't appear to be controlled by the system...

It looks like a cool fork, and I'm looking forward to playing with it more once I understand how exactly it works.  Wink
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 03:04:41 PM

I just downloaded your version (1.9.6.1) to check out... Navigating the settings wasn't super intuitive, but I finally got the hang of it and setting it to remote for SSH made my life much simpler.  I made the following changes:

COIN=ZEC
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH="NO"
WTM_PROFIT_CHECK="NO"
LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"
TEAMVIEWER="NO"
DO_UPDATES="NO"
TELEGRAM_ALERTS="NO"
ZEC_ADDRESS="my address"

I'm particularly interested in the auto OC functionality - I'm also just running it first on a test rig with two 1080TI in it.

I watched the script running in the screen session, it said it was making changes to the mem speed, but when I tried "pxa gpu" in another window, the values weren't changing - is this expected behavior?  I tried the previous version and
it didn't seem to change the power limit, basically it was always at 260w - this one started out at 150w.  As I watch it increase the Core and Mem values, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the miner either - it just cruises along at the same hash rate as when it started.  Am I missing something?

It looks like a cool fork, and I'm looking forward to playing with it more once I understand how exactly it works.  Wink

What version are u running with these issues?? Come into discord and pm me I would like to see what's going on.

optipessi

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:47:34 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 05:10:25 PM by optipessi

I thought of giving it a go and tried this OS and there is no difference at all in my hash rate
using AUTO_OC, on top of that, it has crashed my RIG which was running from past 3 weeks, lost 28 hours of mining.

These guys are absolute bonkers, WTF!! forking an existing established open source nvOC (for what, god only knows)

There is no link to the official source on the OP, at least they added the credits!!

Now what? you rename this OS and start selling it and create your own coin Cheesy ??

Such a RIP off from the others work! Just like all those filthy token airdrops.

I will switch back to the original version. Hope people understand this mockery and stay away from this filth.

Also heard that there is a BAD BLOOD in this fork!!

PS : Hope we don't see another fork rain 😀
momupa

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:30:40 PM

I am very new to mining and i started out mining zcash with ethOS which worked for the most part, except when it crashed and i wasn't home to fix it. I stumbled onto nvOC through youtube videos from voskcoin and was immediately interested in trying this os. I went to www.nvov-mining-os.com and found community builds for nvidia cards only to find poisonxa's version PXA-1.9 with auto overclocks and other various features that i think would be to anyone's advantage. I immediately downloaded his version and installed it to my 8 card 1070ti rig. setting up for the first time was a bit of a learning curve (car mechanic, NOT COMPUTER WIZ) but i figured it out with the help of voskcoins videos. My results are very impressive for where i was on ethOS. I am just about 3950 sols on my 8 card 4.5 sol/w at 110 watts all running the auto overclock feature. That is about 300 more sols than i could achieve with ethOS without it crashing an hour into mining. I now have my 8 card 1070ti along with my 6 card 1070ti running on this OS. I am in the process of building 2 more 8 card 1070ti rigs and they will of course have this OS. If anyone is hesitant on trying this OS, I encourage you to do so! You won't be sorry.

The auto overclock feature is pretty impressive. I would have never thought to use the numbers provided by this feature. I started with 100 watts and was getting 470 sols at 4.7 sol/w. I bumped the watts up to 110 to get the sols to 490-500 per card

The watchdog is the saving grace!! it monitors the cards and will repair or reboot automatically if there is a crash. It works like a charm. I no longer have to worry about my rigs going down and losing profit. Just awesome!!

I did have some issues that weren't the fault of the software. It was me not knowing what i was doing and i went to the discord channel for nvoc and asked poisonxa for help. He immediately logged into my rig via teamviewer and showed me what i did wrong. That right there is priceless support if you ask me. Please be sure if you run this software to leave the donation turned on!!!!! He will help anyone that needs it no questions asked.

Bill

Hello, I have the same equipment as you. It's too troublesome to debug. Can you share your settings, thank you.
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:23:21 AM

I thought of giving it a go and tried this OS and there is no difference at all in my hash rate
using AUTO_OC, on top of that, it has crashed my RIG which was running from past 3 weeks, lost 28 hours of mining.

These guys are absolute bonkers, WTF!! forking an existing established open source nvOC (for what, god only knows)

There is no link to the official source on the OP, at least they added the credits!!

Now what? you rename this OS and start selling it and create your own coin Cheesy ??

Such a RIP off from the others work! Just like all those filthy token airdrops.

I will switch back to the original version. Hope people understand this mockery and stay away from this filth.

Also heard that there is a BAD BLOOD in this fork!!

PS : Hope we don't see another fork rain 😀

Forks are a common phenomenon in the software development community, they are also common in anything in this life.

Look at the three major cloud computing providers, AWS, Azure, and Google Compute..... We all know that AWS revolutionized the cloud. Do you expect Microsoft to walk away from a billion dollar industry because AWS exists ? No, absolutely not.

Did you expect Ford not to make a pickup truck after Dodge did simply because Dodge beat them to it? No, absolutely not.

One of the biggest forks that I can think of to this date is the fork from Owncloud to Nextcloud. I'm not sure what you're problem is with forking something to make it better---but seriously, chill out.

Same principle applies to nvOC. All initial designing and coding gets accredited properly. The only difference is, we see an opportunity to make something good, great. And because of that, we're devoting, time, resources, and money to improving the nvOC platform in a way that is driven differently from the Community Edition.

Got a problem with it? We're sorry, but we're not sorry. No one forced you to use the fork. Go back to the spoon.

alko67bi

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:18:06 PM

COIN=ZEC
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH="NO"
WTM_PROFIT_CHECK="NO"
LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"
TEAMVIEWER="NO"
DO_UPDATES="NO"
TELEGRAM_ALERTS="NO"
ZEC_ADDRESS="my address"

I have the same problem Sad on last version PXA-1.9.6.1
hdmark

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

I've been using nvoc 1.9.4 for a few weeks now (tried 1.9 2? i guess. the community build but was having temp control issues)
going to be setting this up tonight and giving it a go but i wanted to say that the level of support im seeing on this thread is incredible (also in the other nvoc thread for that matter).  I feel like i get better support from all of the nvoc dev's/members than i do from microsoft and the other brands i have.

tl:dr - trying nvoc 1.9.6 tonight, GJ devs!
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Did you run it before and not have the problem?  I spoke with the developer last night on Discord and he felt that it was my card being locked somehow, so I've been trying to track it down on my side - but if it worked before and doesn't now, that would definitely help me.
alko67bi

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:43:13 AM

Did you run it before and not have the problem?  I spoke with the developer last night on Discord and he felt that it was my card being locked somehow, so I've been trying to track it down on my side - but if it worked before and doesn't now, that would definitely help me.

I used fiirst version of fork. All was ok, but 2 days ago all my rigs crash and dont boot. And I updated to last version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: