Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 )  (Read 3717 times)
gijoe460

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:36:24 PM

Hello All,
New User, and moderate user of the original nvOC. Thanks for the work. I came here to check it out and see the differences.

Last night i put the current version 6.1 on an Z270-A PRO mobo, with older dissimilar cards to look at/test the overclocking features. After doing some updates (I had updates turned off?) the next screen began to load until i got the following error. I was mining "ETH" in the select coin block.

/home/m1/Resources: line 62: let: \e[0m: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "\e[0m")

Any help would be appreciated, I did take a look at the Resources file, but with my limited knowledge nothing stood out at me in the section mentioned by the error.

Thanks....
poisonxa (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 08:45:42 PM

Hello All,
New User, and moderate user of the original nvOC. Thanks for the work. I came here to check it out and see the differences.

Last night i put the current version 6.1 on an Z270-A PRO mobo, with older dissimilar cards to look at/test the overclocking features. After doing some updates (I had updates turned off?) the next screen began to load until i got the following error. I was mining "ETH" in the select coin block.

/home/m1/Resources: line 62: let: \e[0m: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "\e[0m")

Any help would be appreciated, I did take a look at the Resources file, but with my limited knowledge nothing stood out at me in the section mentioned by the error.

Thanks....
Come to the discord channel to assist u quicker but it looks like you'll need to reflash with etcher that sounds like u used hdd. Raw copy

gijoe460

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:56:12 PM

OK, give me a few. I'm driving home in a bit.
I didn't try HD raw copy until it had given my that error a few times with the flash tool that comes in the ZIP file.

Thank you
gijoe460

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:07:19 AM

Thanks for all the help tonight guys....
One of the two test rigs up and running..
The autoOC pretty cool.

Now if we can just find me some video cards for the big rig that are reasonably priced...

...and that @Yeti hasnt snagged Wink
sergixc

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:12:35 AM

Is it possible to do this without reimaging?

Thanks

There's a work around u can do to have it work for now but you will need to reetch eventually

Type in shell or quake
sudo apt-get install nvidia-384:amd64=384.98-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1

Then
sudo apt-get install libcuda-9.0-1

Hi! tell me please how to switch to default repo after I was looking for workaround and added this repo sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers
so now cant do your instructions ((

Thank you in advance
optipessi

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:27:52 PM

I thought of giving it a go and tried this OS and there is no difference at all in my hash rate
using AUTO_OC, on top of that, it has crashed my RIG which was running from past 3 weeks, lost 28 hours of mining.

These guys are absolute bonkers, WTF!! forking an existing established open source nvOC (for what, god only knows)

There is no link to the official source on the OP, at least they added the credits!!

Now what? you rename this OS and start selling it and create your own coin Cheesy ??

Such a RIP off from the others work! Just like all those filthy token airdrops.

I will switch back to the original version. Hope people understand this mockery and stay away from this filth.

Also heard that there is a BAD BLOOD in this fork!!

PS : Hope we don't see another fork rain 😀

Forks are a common phenomenon in the software development community, they are also common in anything in this life.

Look at the three major cloud computing providers, AWS, Azure, and Google Compute..... We all know that AWS revolutionized the cloud. Do you expect Microsoft to walk away from a billion dollar industry because AWS exists ? No, absolutely not.

Did you expect Ford not to make a pickup truck after Dodge did simply because Dodge beat them to it? No, absolutely not.

One of the biggest forks that I can think of to this date is the fork from Owncloud to Nextcloud. I'm not sure what you're problem is with forking something to make it better---but seriously, chill out.

Same principle applies to nvOC. All initial designing and coding gets accredited properly. The only difference is, we see an opportunity to make something good, great. And because of that, we're devoting, time, resources, and money to improving the nvOC platform in a way that is driven differently from the Community Edition.

Got a problem with it? We're sorry, but we're not sorry. No one forced you to use the fork. Go back to the spoon.

Forks are a common phenomenon in the software development community, they are also common in anything in this life.

Look at the three major cloud computing providers, AWS, Azure, and Google Compute..... We all know that AWS revolutionized the cloud. Do you expect Microsoft to walk away from a billion dollar industry because AWS exists ? No, absolutely not.

Did you expect Ford not to make a pickup truck after Dodge did simply because Dodge beat them to it? No, absolutely not.

One of the biggest forks that I can think of to this date is the fork from Owncloud to Nextcloud. I'm not sure what you're problem is with forking something to make it better---but seriously, chill out.

Of-course, forks are common phenomenon, no doubt/denying about that. I like the positivity in the above statement, but the fact of the matter you are missing is :

* FORD didn't stole/bought/forked Cheesy a pick up truck from DODGE's warehouse and replace tyres and removed DODGE logo and sell in the market with a brand new 'FORD' logo saying 'hey, see what I've done, give me my money', I agree they took the idea but they've built it from scratch.
* Its the same principle when you consider all the Big Giant companies you were quoting in your previous posts, they build it from scratch, haven't copied/FORKED codes from the other companies!!
* There were many other people who were part of the nvOC if i remember it right, from past April/May (when you were in your spoon), were you crediting them too?
* Its about time you chill the fuck out!!

Same principle applies to nvOC. All initial designing and coding gets accredited properly. The only difference is, we see an opportunity to make something good, great. And because of that, we're devoting, time, resources, and money to improving the nvOC platform in a way that is driven differently from the Community Edition.

BAHAHAHA, seriously. period.

Yeah I know and can clearly see that you have seen an opportunity to create something good, great. a Donation button, which was missing from the original version.

Initially I was under impression that you were really on to something seriously for real, but looking at the below statement, not really!!!!

quoting from your OP :

Our developer doesn’t ask for a donation, but he provides the ability to donate less than 1% of your mining endeavors on rigs running on nvOC to help support the project. This donation is optional and if you select “NO”, then nothing will be taken. But, remember, he has a family to feed too (including a young baby)!

In the beginning of your statements you've rigorously stressed users to make the donations! then you have changed the statements over and over again, now here we are.

Out of those past 8 months of the official nvOC haven't seen the original developer @fullzero or any other devs never asked for a donations like you did (they only had their address in the bash code or somewhere but never asked aggressively like you, I swear), you probably think that they don't have babies or family to feed and they never had time/don't know how to create donation button like you did!!!

I still don't understand, why on earth you even have a donation button on the first version of fork given you have forked 8 months of work from others, was it really a high priority & are you going to share the revenue to the official version DEVS? Cheesy (I really doubt that).

This shows how cheap you are. period.

Your feature set :

Features Set :

• Auto-overclocking technology: This is really useful for people using multiple cards types and the first time users who doesn't know how to play with OC settings ONLY if it is working fine, credits to your team for this! But never worked with me, never improved my hash/share rate!! SORRY

Dual Windows for added system visability:  TBH I don't know what this is!! But has this been added first time on PXA fork or is it from official version??

Watchdog: : This is from original version

Individual overclocking parameters: : This as well

Quake and Terminal commands:  : Can't comment!

Set Power limits, Fan Speeds, and Temperature Controls: : This as well

Built-in Profitability Detection System: Do you like to mine multiple coins, but don’t like checking whattomine every second of the day? Well, nvOC will check the site for you and apply the set conditions that you want. This work was originally created by Papami, enhanced by PoisonXA :
    This as well

Algos Everywhere!!!: : Honestly!

But you forgot to add this

Donation Button or Donate hash Power mechanism!!!: : The new feature!

Support Every Day: PoisonXA and his dinosaurs are on Discord to help solve your problems. If we can’t talk you through it, we can remote into your machine, once you enable TeamViewer and solve most problems within minutes. -

That's what nvOC official discord was doing too right? I realise you were joined their discord as a supporter too right Cheesy ? you added that as a feature too.

You just check your feature list again and see what you are actually providing something new??

Got a problem with it? We're sorry, but we're not sorry. No one forced you to use the fork. Go back to the spoon.

Awww! so nice to see that you are sorry that you are not sorry Cheesy  (Thank your writer for the above line)

I guess you got a problem with my questions!

How about this ??

No one forced you to fork.
No one forced you to ask for donations and take 1% mining shit either form users for copying others code by simply calling it a fork!
But you are doing it shamelessly anyway!

I would suggest you to get a real job and feed your family, stop copying others work & finally stop begging using others work. JUST my 2cents.

I guess its not even a month from the start of your fork (copied 8 months of work from official version) and what you have got in your 1st version is AUTO_OC (which partly works), DONATION button (works perfectly well because that's what you are really after).

Is that what all you got? Sorry, that's what you are, a PARASITE and now you go back to your own spoon.

PS0 : I probably should fork your version and start up a new OS and start begging by bringing my kids, family & ex-girlfriends into it Cheesy
PS1 : I bet you have asked someone to write this reply(FORKED reply) because all you do is COPY &&&&&
         PASTE of-course Cheesy
PS2 : I am really sorry for the long post

jnickel

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:57:48 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 07:09:32 PM by jnickel

I don't know what your problem is optipessi

Poison is working on this project ALOT - many many hours.

If he wants to create a good quality fork and ask for donations - that is completely allowed.

You could do it too - no one is stopping you.

There is no problem with anything he has done.  Your bad mouthing him won't change anything.  Everyone is free to do with open source as they please....that is kinda the point.

Feel free to go and use the Community edition that doesn't have the donate option.

I am happy to pay for something where I get just about instant support (on the discord channel) and he is using the product himself for his own rigs, so he knows the value creating the best mining OS.

A much better analogy (IMHO) is Linux itself.  Linus made this great OS and gave it free to the world.  RedHat comes along and puts their own branding on it and charges a fee if you decide you want to buy it and get support etc.  This is perfectly fine and encourages developers to create their own versions.  And they have - SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, etc.

We stand on the shoulders of those that came before us.  We thank those that contributed, but it doesn't mean we stop innovating - thank you so much to fullzero for creating this in the first place. Thanks to Poison for continuing to make it better!

If you want to use it, great.  If you don't, great.  Please stop coming here and bad mouthing Poison for something that everyone has agreed is ok for him to do.

Jim
hdmark

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:31:47 PM

ya optipessi... im not sure why youre taking so much time out of your day to attack this fork.

at least for me who is new to mining... i tried nvoc 19. didnt work.  tried 19.4 , worked great.  wanted to update so i tried the community build and the temp control was broken.  so i went back to 19.4.  wanted to update again so i tried pxa fork. hopped on discord and was able to get instant answers direct from pxa.  now its working great and im happy again. 

not saying the community build isnt as fast on discord at all, i just didnt try them yet.

but bringing me back... are you mad you didnt fork ? or are you mad someone is forking and making money? im just confused
botsman77

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

I'm new to mining, and nvOC.

I started to move my rigs to this fork and really amazed with the fact that poisonxa most of the time available for questions and support on discord.
He helps me to debug error in custom changes that I made to 8Coins. I have no problem donating less than 1% to him because his attitude and support worth far more.

caerulln

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:14:36 PM

Just ignore him.
If you don't want to donate, turn it off.
If you still don't like it, go somewhere else.
No one is holding a gun to your head.
optipessi

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:17:23 PM

I really feel sorry that you guys feeling that I'm bad mouthing!! Since when stating fact point to point is called as bad mouthing??

I feel sad that it has to look it that way or people commenting (all newbies) making it look this way!

I will just write my perspective in simple words,  

I am follower of fullzero's nvOC from April 2017, I'm not new to btctalk, I've been member of it from May 2017.

There were so many people who did sacrificed days and nights to make this a BIG THING (not just those devs who got credits on the PXA's ANN).

For example, Imagine Google developed Android (Open Source) for past 8 months and now company A comes in and develops/supports for less than 1 month time and asks for an optional donation?

I've nothing against forks or people forking, I don't have anything personal against the OP.

Only thing I can't digest the fact is that OP asking for donations for someone else's hard work just because he did some support!! It just doesn't make any sense!!

I know it is optional but the people above commenting like he himself developed the whole nvOC and he deserves it!! It is just absolute blasphemy!!

I don't expect you guys to understand because you guys are just noobs just hailing his every act like you were there from the beginning of nvOC or might be some fake accounts created just to make some supporting comments (stressing on higher note because of your activity), now we may see comments from senior accounts after reading this comment.

I realise I'm wasting my time on writing this, I will leave it here, and leave it to you guys and decide what is right and what is wrong! But please credit the real Dev!

poisonxa (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:33:16 AM

Any bugs that have not been resolved please inform us in our discord channel in the bug-reports or drop some bugs here to fix.

theDwiz

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:51:14 AM

Stuck on a problem I could not solve and Poison connected and got me up and running, saving profits and refucing a lot of F-Bombs!  Best support I've ever had in any software.  Join the discord community guys.  Thanks brotha!!
romkaenot

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:29:21 AM

Hello, PXA.
Will it possible to change teamviewer to anydesk in you build?
Trying to wget and install from anydesk site, but get an error, and no more booting (black screen on startup).
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:42:35 PM

weeeeeeeeee

Bitrated user: mikespax.
01V01

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:46:43 AM

Been using PXA for 6 weeks now. Rock solid. Can't wait for the newest update.

sp3shal

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:49:31 AM

System Up Time: up 5 days, 22 hours, 35 minutes
AmeriCoin17

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:29:22 PM

Looking forward to great things from this All inclusive mining package!! Grin
Notfamous

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:08:56 PM

Are we getting updates with no 1bash redo's soon? That'd be a pretty sweet feature!
Neiheisel

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:21:54 PM

that is in the next update i believe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: